I wonder how many young people know how much opting out is going to cost them ?

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

The money is not the issue. Both of those "fees" are far less than even the most modest coverage. Its the principle.

What about the principle of not having others pay for your care?

Really? Then why should a business that gives you a job be saddled with paying for your care?

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?
That's the cost of being irresponsible and expecting someone else to pickup your healthcare cost when you get seriously ill. Funny how the Right selective preaches personal responsibility.

What I find truly ironic is anyone who actually pays for health insurance being upset about others being required to do the same.

Perhaps that's because you can't conceive of advocating policy based on principle, rather than personal advantage. Some people value living in a society that respect our rights to live as we choose.

Some don't.
Does that include chief justice roberts? ;)

What I find truly ironic is anyone who actually pays for health insurance being upset about others being required to do the same.

Perhaps that's because you can't conceive of advocating policy based on principle, rather than personal advantage. Some people value living in a society that respect our rights to live as we choose.

Some don't.
Does that include chief justice roberts? ;)

In the "some don't" category? Most assuredly.

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home.

You would be covered on your parents health insurance plan until 26.

Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

After 26, if you at near the poverty line, which minimum wage would place you at, then you would qualify for the government coverage.

If you can already afford to pay for health insurance, but choose not to, because you'd rather mooch off the system if you get sick.

Buuuuuzzzz. Thanks for playing.

If you wanted to be out on your own, would you want to rely on your parents, especially if you had had a falling out ?

That's the cost of being irresponsible and expecting someone else to pickup your healthcare cost when you get seriously ill. Funny how the Right selective preaches personal responsibility.

And so it's okay that the government can force you simply because you are born to purchase a service or product ? That's bullshit.

Dont tell Zxereus that the Heritage Foundation thought up this idea and supported it for a decade. Let him believe what his conservadaddies told him to believe

Hey you know what ? I've heard this and similiar bs from you guys for the last year and a half ! I don't give a shit what the Heritage foundation came up with, or Romney, or Gingrich. They forgot to ask what regular mom and pop conservatives thought. We don't want it, no matter what the name is, Hillarycare, Romneycare, Obamacare, once you get away from the DC and the Northeast, it simply doesn't paly so well. Maybe you like this kind of government intrusion, I don't.

Dont tell Zxereus that the Heritage Foundation thought up this idea and supported it for a decade. Let him believe what his conservadaddies told him to believe

Hey you know what ? I've heard this and similiar bs from you guys for the last year and a half ! I don't give a shit what the Heritage foundation came up with, or Romney, or Gingrich. They forgot to ask what regular mom and pop conservatives thought. We don't want it, no matter what the name is, Hillarycare, Romneycare, Obamacare, once you get away from the DC and the Northeast, it simply doesn't paly so well. Maybe you like this kind of government intrusion, I don't.

Yeah.. this argument always seems so pathetic. I always want to ask "So why in the hell did the Democrats implement policies dreamed up by the Heritage Foundation???"

I don't know much about the bill but anyway...

Someone already stated that the tax is less than any coverage costs, so why would anyone buy the coverage?

Sounds like one of those "impossible free lunch" scenarios to me.

The dupes are clueless- read SOMETHING. They don't call it affordable and guaranteed for nothing. If the kid wants to go it alone, he gets free medicaid up to $15k, or over that subsidy that pays up to 95% of premium. Pub dupes are so STUPID and BRAINWASHED.jfc...

If you wanted to be out on your own, would you want to rely on your parents, especially if you had had a falling out ?

Then, in those rare cases, if you were too poor to get health insurance, you would be subsidized by the government.

There is pretty much no situation where a 20 year-old wouldn't be able to get health insurance under the new law.

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimum wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some health care, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

That is still a lot cheaper than any insurance premiums.
Plus, the Affordable Health Care Act has it written in the law, that the IRS can't go after you on this tax, if you don't pay it.
Just wait till they find this out. There goes the theory of the young and healthy helping to pay for this.

That is still a lot cheaper than any insurance premiums.
Plus, the Affordable Health Care Act has it written in the law, that the IRS can't go after you on this tax, if you don't pay it.
Just wait till they find this out. There goes the theory of the young and healthy helping to pay for this.

I'm sure they know.

And, since the commerce clause DOES apply to regulating already established commerce, like interstate health insurance, they can have the insurance companies charge more for people who never paid the tax when they DO eventually get health insurance.

I'm sure the insurance companies would LOVE to have a reason to raise rates on people.

And there you go.

Since children are dependent children up to age 26, the parents will be paying the fines.

No one ever said whether parents of "children" younger than 26 but have cohabitants and children on parental insurance plans or whether those parents would be fined.

Since children are dependent children up to age 26, the parents will be paying the fines.

No one ever said whether parents of "children" younger than 26 but have cohabitants and children on parental insurance plans or whether those parents would be fined.

Children up to age 26 will be on their parents health insurance accounts.

And parents are not in fact legally responsible to pay their children's debts after age 21.

Children up to age 26 will be on their parents health insurance accounts.

And parents are not in fact legally responsible to pay their children's debts after age 21.

No, actually let me amend that.

Parents are not responsible for a child's debt over age 18.

https://server.ipxtract.com/users/h...the_Debts_and_Expenses_of_their_Children.html

The law does not require that parents pay for the education of their children beyond the age of 18, unless a court order from a divorce or child support proceeding requires otherwise.

Then, in those rare cases, if you were too poor to get health insurance, you would be subsidized by the government.

There is pretty much no situation where a 20 year-old wouldn't be able to get health insurance under the new law.

lol, subsidized by the government? they now have a magic money tree

Forum List

Back