I wonder how many young people know how much opting out is going to cost them ?

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home. Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

In 2014 unless you pay up for some healthcare, you will be charged $95.00 per adult or 1% of your income.

By 2016, you will be charged $695.00 per adult and up to $2085.00 per household or 2.5% of your income whichever is greater.

This is what Obama and American liberals have done to you. How's that for living in what we thought was freedom ?

The money is not the issue. Both of those "fees" are far less than even the most modest coverage. Its the principle.

• Banned

The money is not the issue. Both of those "fees" are far less than even the most modest coverage. Its the principle.

Tell that to some young person struggling and away from home. I remember my first jobs, I didn't have healthcare until I was 27, and on purpose by the way because I was young and didn't have any health issues. I simply didn't want the money deducted from my salary.
American liberals have now forced you to pay.

What about the principle of not having others pay for your care?

Tell that to some young person struggling and away from home. I remember my first jobs, I didn't have healthcare until I was 27, and on purpose by the way because I was young and didn't have any health issues. I simply didn't want the money deducted from my salary.
American liberals have now forced you to pay.

We were lucky. If you had gotten severely ill, we would have had to pay. What of the young that do get sick? Do you think we should pay for their care with higher medical costs?

Let's say you are 20 or so, and no longer living at home.

You would be covered on your parents health insurance plan until 26.

Let's say you are working for minimun wage, or whatever and you are not covered by health insurance.

After 26, if you at near the poverty line, which minimum wage would place you at, then you would qualify for the government coverage.

If you can already afford to pay for health insurance, but choose not to, because you'd rather mooch off the system if you get sick.

Buuuuuzzzz. Thanks for playing.

But don't bother paying attention to things like "facts", go ahead, continue with your conversation in the bubble.

Dont tell Zxereus that the Heritage Foundation thought up this idea and supported it for a decade. Let him believe what his conservadaddies told him to believe

When I was 21, I thought I didn't need health insurance, so I didn't get it.

Then I got hit by a truck while crossing the street.

Thankfully, my family could afford $50K of medical bills...

What about the principle of not having others pay for your care?

Obamacare doesnt solve that, it only enables it so that you and I pay 100% of that problem.

If you don't make much money, your premiums will be subsidized so they don't cost you more than you can possibly afford. Only fools will choose the penalty over buying insurance. If you choose the penalty, you will still be responsible for any doctor/hospital bills that you incur. What is unfortunate is the fact that we need a law to force people to be responsible for themselves by purchasing insurance. What I find truly ironic is anyone who actually pays for health insurance being upset about others being required to do the same. I have to believe that those who are the most upset don't want to pay for insurance and currently expect everyone else to cover them. Talk about moochers.

I think most young people are smart enough to know that the law will be modified to ensure compliance. Ultimately it will cost them whatever is necessary to make sure they do as ordered - up to and including their freedom.

What I find truly ironic is anyone who actually pays for health insurance being upset about others being required to do the same.

Perhaps that's because you can't conceive of advocating policy based on principle, rather than personal advantage. Some people value living in a society that respect our rights to live as we choose.

Some don't.

Forum List

Back