I wish someone would end welfare

Here's an idea...Welfare checks only go to those who finished high school, Then (except for the disabled and elderly) it is two years where ANY kind of public assistance is given.
To get public assistance, an ID and fingerprints should be on file.

Millions. I don't have raw figures to prove that obviously, because what you consider a deadbeat, and what I and others consider a deadbeat, are different things. As far as I'm concerned, if you are able bodied, then you should work or starve to death.

If you can move your arms and legs, and function on an ape-like level, then you should be in a warehouse doing pick and pack. A trained monkey, can pull an item off a shelf, and put it in a box, and close the box. You can do it, or you can starve.

If you want a better job than that, then it's your responsibility to improve your own lot in life.

It's the dependence on government that has made too many incapable of doing for themselves. And this horrible mindset is being passed down from generation to generation. The problem gets worse with each passing year and I fear that is by design. It's those dependents that fuel the liberal agenda.

We've seen a steady breakdown of families over the decades and this means the children in those dysfunctional households are likely to end up in the same boat as their parents and grandparents. No one is doing anything to break the cycle. Welfare shouldn't be comfortable for those able bodied people. Instead, the left always adds more to the pot like the phones and more spending money. Most poor have things that middle class in some countries only dream about. I do get a little miffed when I see welfare dependents wearing $100 Nikes and carrying expensive smart phones. It should be about providing bare necessities so people are motivated to improve themselves. Making people more comfortable on welfare means they are less likely to take action. They are also less likely to marry the baby's daddy because it means a reduction in benefits if the father has a job. Making the smartest decisions for yourself and your children cause the liberals to punish you and not offer needed help in the transition. They pretty much kick you to the curb and people fear the hardship of having the security net pulled from under them before they are ready to fly. I think people should be allowed to receive help until they are actually on their feet. As it is now, they dump you as soon as you accept a job and then tell you that if you had stayed on welfare longer, you would have had help with child care. There are many ways that they discourage people from actively helping themselves. It shouldn't be a hardship to escape the government plantation.

"Costing over $1 trillion per year, the current welfare system is enormous, but much of this spending is counterproductive. Today’s welfare programs undermine work and marriage, leading to a broadening pattern of intergenerational dependence and self-defeating behaviors.

Furthermore, if work provides benefits besides monetary compensation (such as a greater connection to society), the fact that welfare discourages work may have severe and immense long-term consequences. This shift in cultural standards is already having deep effects in other areas, such as the ability to build lasting relationships that increase opportunity and general fulfillment.

Welfare should provide aid to those who genuinely need it, but it should also strive to mobilize the best efforts of the poor to help themselves. The foundations of the welfare state must be revamped to promote rather than discourage work and marriage."

http://dailysignal.com/2015/08/01/how-welfare-spending-hurts-the-people-its-supposed-to-help/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thffacebook

I'd like to see us dramatically reduce the need for welfare. It will always be needed for those who fall and for the disabled. For the able-bodied, it should be temporary. I am alarmed at the number of people who are doomed to end up on it because they are neglecting to learn skills to get them through life. With 5th generation welfare recipients, you can see that the lack of ambition and discipline being taught by parents. I am so sick of the left insinuating that people are doomed because of skin color or because they are growing up in the wrong place. When will the left start telling individuals that they have potential to become anything they want to be and that blaming your lot in life on racism or wealthy people is nothing but a cop out? Of course, the left encourages government dependency. They always have and each year they find new ways to recruit new dependents and use lies to convince people that it's not their fault that there is no other choice for them. Must rely on the benevolent liberals for a meager life with the promise of more. Decades have passed without improvement.

In order to get people back on their feet, or to just make sure they "launch" when they become of age, we need available opportunities and people who are ready to accept them. Government doesn't create jobs, but can sure create policies that are either friendly toward job creation or detrimental to employment opportunities. Billions poured into our schools haven't improved conditions in too many of them and that is highly suspect. Would love to see a break down of where the money was spent.

With Obamacare, crony capitalism and other oppressive policies, small businesses are barely surviving and many see each employee as a huge liability. And many companies are forced to meet quotas for minorities, which means they aren't able to choose the best people to run and work in their businesses.
Job Openings Rise to the Highest Level in 14 Years - Real Time Economics - WSJ

This relationship has still not returned to where it was in the mid-2000s. The last time there were as many job openings as today, the unemployment rate was under 4.5%. This suggests that, for whatever reason, workers are not filling the available jobs as easily as in the past. This could be a sign that workers lack the skills for available openings or that employers are unwilling to pay sufficient salaries to get workers to accept the positions.

----------------

We can't even get the GOP to pass a highway bill. You know they cut education. Too "liberal".

It isn't social spending but bad management of social spending that is the problem.

SIGH

the moronic, pathetic reply of failed left-wing ideology for decades running
We saw what happens when Republicans are in charge under Bush. Both houses, the presidency, the Supreme Court and they used reconciliation three times. How'd that work out?

It isn't social spending but bad management of social spending that is the problem.

SIGH

the moronic, pathetic reply of failed left-wing ideology for decades running
We saw what happens when Republicans are in charge under Bush. Both houses, the presidency, the Supreme Court and they used reconciliation three times. How'd that work out?

UNDER DEMOCRAT rule in both chambers of congress and with a Democrat in the White House; poverty reached a fifty year high, the rich got richer and the poorest got poorer

what was your question again?

Since we are on handouts. How bout food stamps. I think if you are 300 pounds you don't need help . Obviously you don't have a problem getting food..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

social spending got us to the moon and back; it isn't our fault the right can 't muster up enough moral of "goodwill toward men".

good one stupid; now instead of going to the moon Progs think the main role of NASA is to promote good will with Muslims

No clue and no Cause; how typical of the Right. Still nothing but repeal by rejection instead of a valid refutation?

What ever can you mean, in any at-will employment State.

it's not rocket science leftard; you cat expect substantive rebuttals until you say something substantive

i'm sorry you have apparently deluded yourself into thinking anything you've posted as been relevant or substantive; but the facts are you're really nothing at all but the same ol same ol boring statist, class warfare, agitprop clap-trap

Make them work for the money. Not wanting to work is the main motivation for those who apply for welfare.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I'm so sick of this argument blaming poor people for being poor. There are some people who just never will make a lot of money even if they work 60 hours per week. All they will make is minimum wage and that is not enough to support themselves, especially if they have kids.

My parents are now millionaires. The reason why, isn't all that shocking to me. They did something amazing......... (write this down)... "They lived within their means"

They didn't borrow money. They didn't have credit cards. They saved money in a 401K. They didn't buy expensive vehicles that go down in value. My mother drove a Honda Accord to work and back. My father had the family van.

They put the absolute maximum amount they could into 401K. As much as they were allowed by law. They also purchased property. They own a beach side rental, and a small Condo.

The reason why they are now rich, is because they acted wisely. The reason people are poor, is because they acted poorly.

I'm not sure what you think your link proves... because it surely doesn't counter anything we've ever said.

Make them work for the money. Not wanting to work is the main motivation for those who apply for welfare.

Contrary to Entitlement Society Rhetoric Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly Disabled or Working Households Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I'm so sick of this argument blaming poor people for being poor. There are some people who just never will make a lot of money even if they work 60 hours per week. All they will make is minimum wage and that is not enough to support themselves, especially if they have kids.

It is unfortunate they are not capable of surviving in today's society.

Poor people are poor because they choose to be.

One working 60 hrs a week making minimum wage, needs to improve one's self so they are capable of making more.

Especially true if they have kids.

For you to imply that it is societies responsibility for improving each and every one is utter stupidity.

How did society get to be responsible for either your ignorance or your laziness??

The part about the kids is simply a sympathy ploy that screams, hey I was too fucking ignorant to keep my legs closed, so now I have kids I can not support.

I have no more pity for your selfish ignorant ass than I would if you bought a Lamborghini and could not drive it because you could not pay for insurance or gas.

Those kids would be the parents responsibility and before creating them to use as a sympathy card the individual should have shown some self restraint.

I love morons who live in "Fantasyland". This is the real world. And you calling me lazy is laughable. People like you can't help "diarrhea of the mouth syndrome".
Or use other folks that worked and were injured to the point of not being able to work...Conservatives have heart....Ha!

That doesn't even make a point.

Besides that, conservatives have far more heart than the left has ever had.

You think you demanding that OTHER people help those are incapacitated, proves that you have heart?

If I came on here and said "I demand Moonglow give money to poor people!"

Would you conclude that I have a big heart? No? Then by what logic do you think liberals demanding everyone else pay for needy people, shows they have heart?

This is like Obama in 2008, showed that he gave less than 1% of his income that was over a million dollars, to charity, claiming to be a charitable person.

It is unfortunate they are not capable of surviving in today's society.

Poor people are poor because they choose to be.

One working 60 hrs a week making minimum wage, needs to improve one's self so they are capable of making more.

Especially true if they have kids.

For you to imply that it is societies responsibility for improving each and every one is utter stupidity.

How did society get to be responsible for either your ignorance or your laziness??

The part about the kids is simply a sympathy ploy that screams, hey I was too fucking ignorant to keep my legs closed, so now I have kids I can not support.

I have no more pity for your selfish ignorant ass than I would if you bought a Lamborghini and could not drive it because you could not pay for insurance or gas.

Those kids would be the parents responsibility and before creating them to use as a sympathy card the individual should have shown some self restraint.

I love morons who live in "Fantasyland". This is the real world. And you calling me lazy is laughable. People like you can't help "diarrhea of the mouth syndrome".
Or use other folks that worked and were injured to the point of not being able to work...Conservatives have heart....Ha!

That doesn't even make a point.

Besides that, conservatives have far more heart than the left has ever had.

You think you demanding that OTHER people help those are incapacitated, proves that you have heart?

If I came on here and said "I demand Moonglow give money to poor people!"

Would you conclude that I have a big heart? No? Then by what logic do you think liberals demanding everyone else pay for needy people, shows they have heart?

This is like Obama in 2008, showed that he gave less than 1% of his income that was over a million dollars, to charity, claiming to be a charitable person.
But I do give and yet do not feel anger...

I've noticed in my lifetime that people who think the only recourse for them when things get bad is welfare tend to learn how to manipulate the system pretty well. I know there are lots good people who just get on it but it seems that for every one normal person there is at least one other deadbeat who is on it perpetually. Crack the stats on neighborhoods where a majority of people are on welfare and you will see that that neighborhood is gang infested deadbeats. I know a lot welfare goes to rural areas but those asses should just move to the city and get jobs and there is plenty of them because Obama created so many of them (no really he did).
Since our own government is turning the US into a welfare state, you might be one of those who end up on the receiving end. Be careful what you ask for.

I'd like to see us dramatically reduce the need for welfare. It will always be needed for those who fall and for the disabled. For the able-bodied, it should be temporary. I am alarmed at the number of people who are doomed to end up on it because they are neglecting to learn skills to get them through life. With 5th generation welfare recipients, you can see that the lack of ambition and discipline being taught by parents. I am so sick of the left insinuating that people are doomed because of skin color or because they are growing up in the wrong place. When will the left start telling individuals that they have potential to become anything they want to be and that blaming your lot in life on racism or wealthy people is nothing but a cop out? Of course, the left encourages government dependency. They always have and each year they find new ways to recruit new dependents and use lies to convince people that it's not their fault that there is no other choice for them. Must rely on the benevolent liberals for a meager life with the promise of more. Decades have passed without improvement.

In order to get people back on their feet, or to just make sure they "launch" when they become of age, we need available opportunities and people who are ready to accept them. Government doesn't create jobs, but can sure create policies that are either friendly toward job creation or detrimental to employment opportunities. Billions poured into our schools haven't improved conditions in too many of them and that is highly suspect. Would love to see a break down of where the money was spent.

With Obamacare, crony capitalism and other oppressive policies, small businesses are barely surviving and many see each employee as a huge liability. And many companies are forced to meet quotas for minorities, which means they aren't able to choose the best people to run and work in their businesses.
Job Openings Rise to the Highest Level in 14 Years - Real Time Economics - WSJ

This relationship has still not returned to where it was in the mid-2000s. The last time there were as many job openings as today, the unemployment rate was under 4.5%. This suggests that, for whatever reason, workers are not filling the available jobs as easily as in the past. This could be a sign that workers lack the skills for available openings or that employers are unwilling to pay sufficient salaries to get workers to accept the positions.

----------------

We can't even get the GOP to pass a highway bill. You know they cut education. Too "liberal".

Yeah, because we're not completely irresponsible like the leftists, whose policies have destroyed Greece.

What part of "$18 Trillion in debt" did you fail to grasp in your tiny little brain?

I love how you highlight stuff... and ignore the rest.

This is like a 4-year-old "Mommy can I go out and play" And the response is "Maybe you can after dinner".

Then after dinner "You said I could go out and play after dinner"
No, I said "maybe". You have homework to do.

You highlighted...."workers lack the skills for available openings"
but failed to read the words just before that "This could be a sign".

Meaning that it's possible that's a reason, and it's possible it's not.

What if government health care mandates have made hiring people unprofitable? What if minimum wage laws that are going up at the state level, are holding employment down? What if the corporate tax rate is driving investment out? What if out of control government spending, that you moronically support, is making business wary of operating in the US, knowing that when the debt comes due, they will be on the top of tax hit list (especially when you support attacking business already)?

There are dozens of reasons.

And not only that, but it's also possible that students are not learning the skills needed, by choice. How many art history majors do we have, when there is a dire need of electrical engineers?

Now notice the difference between you an me? You declared something as though it was fact. I asked questions, without assuming the answer.

Forum List

Back