I will leave France later where to go ?

Bonjour, In 15 years, I will go settle elsewhere and I do not want to stay in France or in Europe.
Perhaps England, but I want to live where it is good to live, the climate, the government service, I do not want the government to be against its people.
There are countries I love in Europe Austria, but I do not speak the language and in the United States I really like Vermont after what I saw on TV.

You have an opinion?

Switzerland. I hear the hills are alive with the sound of music there. And the nuns don't have a thing about f'ing with you're car if your a mook, know what I mean sister.
mook ? what does it mean ? :dunno:
mook
mo͝ok/
noun
USinformal
noun: mook; plural noun: mooks
  1. a stupid or incompetent person.

....as exemplified by Isaac Newton on USMB. He knows not the difference between "you're" and "your".

Thank you asaratis for the help, i pretty surprise by the insult coming from Isaac Newton maybe for some reason he is a little piss off because of this post ?

Bienvenue parmi nous mon frère. Welcome Welcome here my brother ! :abgg2q.jpg:

giphy854-gif.183886

Bonjour, In 15 years, I will go settle elsewhere and I do not want to stay in France or in Europe.
Perhaps England, but I want to live where it is good to live, the climate, the government service, I do not want the government to be against its people.
There are countries I love in Europe Austria, but I do not speak the language and in the United States I really like Vermont after what I saw on TV.

You have an opinion?
Don't know if you considered Colorado, Colorado Springs to be specific, good sized city but nowhere near as huge and crowded as Denver and honestly with better views than Denver.
1200px-CC_COSPRINGS.jpg

coloradospringscolorado_office_detail_main_module_image.jpg

colorado-springs-header.jpg
All places Texas, Colorado are beautiful real postcards but seem to be hot and more I do not like i am pretty scare :eek:at all the bugs there that go with the heat.
Texas (hill country) can get pretty hot and muggy which means bugs, Colorado Springs is at a much higher elevation at 1840 m (6035 feet) above sea level, typically very dry, not really a lot of bugs and yes it can get hot in the summer and cold in the winter but not to the extremes Texas and Wyoming do. The one thing is at that altitude it does take a few weeks to become completely acclimated to the altitude.

The climate is very hot but it heats up everywhere in the space of 10 years the temperature in France to take well 0.5

Thank you, Dalia, for your question in post #89.

I prefer not to be specific, for I wish to maintain the generally pleasant and positive tone of replies in your thread.

I shall just say the following:

!. Since you live so close to the UK, you may wish to regularly visit the UK during the next 15 years in order to get the feel of the land.
2. Hopefully, you can make some friends there who can give you their opinions about settling there.
3. Then you will be able to make an informed decision in 15 years' time.

Best wishes
Thank you, do you live in England ? what i like most it is the tradition

You have an opinion?

Company I mentioned HoribaABX has a very large presence here in US. Their US headquarters is in Irvine, Ca.
I know for sure that they have employees fromFrance that moved their families and settled here. I met some of them during regular supplier visit.
If you want I can connect you with these people and ask them directly what is life and likes in Southern Ca.

On the side....... French companies are excellent in treating customer service like me First Class. But they cannot beat Chinese companies in China because they offered women. This is true but I never took the bait nor my employees because it might bites us later. Aside from that Asians are not my type.

I know the original founder and owner that sold this company back in early 2000. I think around $500 millions forgot the right amount. I still go out with him as a friend from time to time when he visits US. He doesn’t like Americans and I fight with him all the time while playing golf or dinner but we are still very close friends.
You will get a very good attention if you tell them. I met this guy who is a personal friend of the original owner. I can email you the numbers and the right people that moved here if you want.

Aside from that good luck with your research.

You have an opinion?
The Pacific Northwest (Oregon and Washington) is very, very liberal. You would hate it. Also, it never snows like Vermont, just rain rain rain. Cool summers and gray skies 80 percent of the time all year long.

And also the place where we live it must not have too much crime here the police is rather lax and in France we do not carry weapons me in the USA I will have to be armed too for defending myself ?
Everywhere in the States has more crime than in France. If you want to avoid crime, don't move to the States.

In the US, there are 100 guns for every 100 people across the country, and that doesn't even count for the criminals that have them. Guns are everywhere. (In France, there are only 30 guns per 100 people) You will neet to have at least one gun and learn how to shoot it; you'll need a security system in your home and a big dog to guard it. You'll need to make sure your doors are always double locked and be very careful everywhere you go. It's a far more dangerous place than France.

Compared to France, the US has 75% more violent crime, rape and murder, per million people than in France. 75% more. You don't want to live in the States.

Last edited:
And also the place where we live it must not have too much crime here the police is rather lax and in France we do not carry weapons me in the USA I will have to be armed too for defending myself ?

Contrary to what the gun nuts on here tell you, no, generally you don't really need a gun for self defense, but you can get one if you want.

Me? I haven't fired a gun since I retired from the military, and have yet to see a need to get one. Most places in the USA are fairly safe, even if some of the fear mongers on here would have you believe otherwise.

And, the police presence here in American cities is much more than what you have in France. I've been to places like San Remo, Nice, and Cannes.
France is far, far safer than the States. I've been to France a lot, in a lot of different areas and for months at a time. There is a more obvious police presence in the States because there is so much more crime.

You have an opinion?

Switzerland. I hear the hills are alive with the sound of music there. And the nuns don't have a thing about f'ing with you're car if your a mook, know what I mean sister.

Switzerland is very expensive. When I lived in Germany, on the border with Switzerland, the Swiss drove over to Germany to do their shopping. Also, Switzerland is not EU, so it would be very difficult to immigrate there. Also it is in Europe, and very, very liberal. I don’t think she wants either.

Also there are lots of Muslims in Switzerland, which is the big reason she wants to leave Europe. There are an estimated 400,000 to 450,000 Muslims living in Switzerland — almost three times as many as twenty years ago (1990: 152'000). Islam is today the second largest religion after Christianity with roughly 150 mosques all over the country.

You have an opinion?

Switzerland is very expensive. When I lived in Germany, on the border with Switzerland, the Swiss drove over to Germany to do their shopping. Also, Switzerland is not EU, so it would be very difficult to immigrate there. Also it is in Europe, and very, very liberal. I don’t think she wants either.

Also there are lots of Muslims in Switzerland, which is the big reason she wants to leave Europe. There are an estimated 400,000 to 450,000 Muslims living in Switzerland — almost three times as many as twenty years ago (1990: 152'000). Islam is today the second largest religion after Christianity with roughly 150 mosques all over the country.
But Switzerland is beautiful and clean

You have an opinion?

It is indeed, and I think if she had considered it, she wouldn't be asking about where to go on here. She lives in France, next door to Switzerland. They speak French in Switzerland. I am sure she is very familiar with it. It is in the middle of Europe and she wants to leave Europe.

Thank you, Dalia, for your question in post #102

I have lived in California for eight decades.

Yes, the UK certainly does have tradition.

Best wishes

Wherever you choose go Dalia, leave Europe ASAP.

That's all.:dunno:

You have an opinion?
The Pacific Northwest (Oregon and Washington) is very, very liberal. You would hate it. Also, it never snows like Vermont, just rain rain rain. Cool summers and gray skies 80 percent of the time all year long.
I prefer Vermont

Everywhere in the States has more crime than in France. If you want to avoid crime, don't move to the States.

In the US, there are 100 guns for every 100 people across the country, and that doesn't even count for the criminals that have them. Guns are everywhere. (In France, there are only 30 guns per 100 people) You will neet to have at least one gun and learn how to shoot it; you'll need a security system in your home and a big dog to guard it. You'll need to make sure your doors are always double locked and be very careful everywhere you go. It's a far more dangerous place than France.

Compared to France, the US has 75% more violent crime, rape and murder, per million people than in France. 75% more. You don't want to live in the States.
French people did move to the USA and have no problem.

Contrary to what the gun nuts on here tell you, no, generally you don't really need a gun for self defense, but you can get one if you want.

Me? I haven't fired a gun since I retired from the military, and have yet to see a need to get one. Most places in the USA are fairly safe, even if some of the fear mongers on here would have you believe otherwise.

And, the police presence here in American cities is much more than what you have in France. I've been to places like San Remo, Nice, and Cannes.
France is far, far safer than the States. I've been to France a lot, in a lot of different areas and for months at a time. There is a more obvious police presence in the States because there is so much more crime.
No, less police in France since Sarkozy was President

You have an opinion?

You have an opinion?

There are a lot of muslims in Europe a lot more i think then the USA
It is indeed, and I think if she had considered it, she wouldn't be asking about where to go on here. She lives in France, next door to Switzerland. They speak French in Switzerland. I am sure she is very familiar with it. It is in the middle of Europe and she wants to leave Europe.
Yes they speak French but not everybody and i know someone who work in Switzerland she don't really like the place.

Wherever you choose go Dalia, leave Europe ASAP.

That's all.:dunno:
You are right skye ;)
The big problem with Europe starting from the currency Euro £ all countries that said Yes had to pay, pay and pay + France in the time of the Franc she was paying her wand a price raissonable and since the Euro it to pay three times the price of the bread Germany it came out neutral and we had to pay the broken bribes once the bread is increased it is mathematically all the remaining to be followed and the various French governments have make the people paid for this cost and the climate, the atmosphere of the French is not shining already yesterday there were still manisfestations, Riots in Paris and all of France because Macron continues to take from French Wool stockings

You have an opinion?

mook
mo͝ok/
noun
USinformal

....as exemplified by Isaac Newton on USMB. He knows not the difference between "you're" and "your".

Thank you asaratis for the help, i pretty surprise by the insult coming from Isaac Newton maybe for some reason he is a little piss off because of this post ?

giphy854-gif.183886

Jesus H Christ it was a harmless joke about the 'thug life' nuns in The Sounds Of Music when they sabotaged the German's car. No offense intended but you and others somehow found something to be offended by? Relax i will pass by your threads in the future that way no misunderstandings, I posted here because I liked the J riding the T-Rex gif.

upload_2018-3-23_16-42-17.jpeg

Last edited:

You have an opinion?
Costa Rica or Belize.

You have an opinion?

mook
mo͝ok/
noun
USinformal

giphy854-gif.183886

Jesus H Christ it was a harmless joke about the 'thug life' nuns in The Sounds Of Music when they sabotaged the German's car. No offense intended but you and others somehow found something to be offended by? Relax i will pass by your threads in the future that way no misunderstandings, I posted here because I liked the J riding the T-Rex gif.

View attachment 184312
I ask you to forgive me, I knew that you are a good person full of humor.
I asked the meaning of the Mook and you did not answer, and I could not know it was about the 'thug life' nuns in The Sounds Of Music.;)

Forum List

Back