I went to jail tonight and i need advice

My brother opened the slider door at the back of the house. The music was loud and apparently I told my brother to close the door. He tried and failed. O left the back of the house and sat in my lazy boy. They kept demanding my id and I said "why, what did I do". After this refusal in my own home in my living room they said stand up and put your hands behind your back, were done being nice. O spent 3 hours in jail and they refused to let me make a call. And I'm charged with obstruction of justice, noise ordinences and disobeying police orders.

I was in MY HOME in my lazy boy asking them to ticket me for noise and leave.

Am I wrong?

I know those of you that dislike me will have a field day with this but I thought I was right and I was having none of it. Till I went to jail of course. And by the way, I wasn't allowed a phone call for nearly 3 hours.

Contact the Prosecuting Attorney's Office Monday morning and make an appointment to speak with the charging deputy (You may need to hire an attorney if that does not work). If the presecutor's office is willing to meet with you be honest, and if you were drunk let them know your judgment was impaired and you have made an appointment with a substance abuse counselor.

Remember, someone called the police and complained. So being honest isn't only the right thing to do it is most important since you don't know what information the officer had at the time he made contact with you.

If you cannot hire an attorney and receive a notice to appear immediately - actually tomorrow - make an appointment with a substance abuse counselor. Doing so may obviate an expensive and embarrassing experience.

It sound to me as if you flunked the attitude test; in the future your comments should be restricted to, "yes officer, I understand officer and I'm sorry it won't happen again officer".

My brother opened the slider door at the back of the house. The music was loud and apparently I told my brother to close the door. He tried and failed. O left the back of the house and sat in my lazy boy. They kept demanding my id and I said "why, what did I do". After this refusal in my own home in my living room they said stand up and put your hands behind your back, were done being nice. O spent 3 hours in jail and they refused to let me make a call. And I'm charged with obstruction of justice, noise ordinences and disobeying police orders.

I was in MY HOME in my lazy boy asking them to ticket me for noise and leave.

Am I wrong?

I know those of you that dislike me will have a field day with this but I thought I was right and I was having none of it. Till I went to jail of course. And by the way, I wasn't allowed a phone call for nearly 3 hours.

You know when you are are a renter, there are two things you can be evicted for. Non payment of rent and noise. People hate noise.

Pay the fine and fees and stop making noise. This is good advice.

I don't rent. It's my house and my living room.

I know, I was making a point about the noise in the first place.

I have a friend in my hometown who's son and daughter were always getting the cops called on them for partying, noise, etc. The cops would walk right into the party. If someone answered the door, they bullied their way in.

The parents told the kids to just stay where they were when they went off to college. This town has a no tolerence rule and even though the kids were from good families, they were really nice kids, the police didn't care. They went down to the station.

Police have rough jobs and they just don't take any shit. I know you want to take a stand and ordinarily I would side with you but I just don't see you winning here.

This post is about the merits of cops in MY LIVING ROOM not the corn cob up your ass.

Seems to me it's about you acting like a little punk, with highly predictable consequences, and then coming here to bitch and moan about it. Time to grow up, grampa.

spoken like a man who's never had q reason to rejoice in his life.

I only wish I was perfect like you..... Goodnight my saint

You must be a dim-witted teenager. Why choose 'grampa' for your screen name?

Your a prior law breaker with the noise ordinance, you had a door left wide open, when ask for ID you refused which is why you were charged with obstruction. can't you learn that you must cooperate with the law and stay out of trouble?

ooooooo that is the attitude that will lead the us into a police state

Seems to me it's about you acting like a little punk, with highly predictable consequences, and then coming here to bitch and moan about it. Time to grow up, grampa.

And you must be a clairvoyant.
You've deduced all the facts from a few subjective posts on the interweb.
Mind you, it pretty much reflects your general level of knowledge on most subjects before posting on this board.

Just to irritate schmucks like you.

:)

Mind you, it pretty much reflects your general level of knowledge on most subjects before posting on this board.

Maybe you and the other teenager can get together and paint each other's toenails. What fun!

Maybe you and the other teenager can get together and paint each other's toenails. What fun!

Tsk...I don't know where he lives...silly!

Your a prior law breaker with the noise ordinance, you had a door left wide open, when ask for ID you refused which is why you were charged with obstruction. can't you learn that you must cooperate with the law and stay out of trouble?

ooooooo that is the attitude that will lead the us into a police state

I'm thinking that too. They are trying to keep the peace for sure, it makes their jobs easier but it pisses people off. They feel their rights are being trampled on but if they start objecting too much, it becomes expensive and time consuming.

People don't have money or time these days.

i have never been much for craziness...but obama signed a bill allowing the police to pretty much do anything they want....and yet there is not outrage from the left over this? why is that......i remember when this whole country was a free speech zone....

It sounds like your brother let them in and you were too drunk to think clearly.

Get a lawyer and you'll get off easily unless you are on probation for any reason.

Stop drinking so much.

Stop forcing your loud music down your neighbor's ears.

Easy solutions.

i have never been much for craziness...but obama signed a bill allowing the police to pretty much do anything they want....and yet there is not outrage from the left over this? why is that......i remember when this whole country was a free speech zone....

The police were doing this long before Obama. They have handbooks.

Gramps......

On a scale of 1 to 10..........

.........What impact do you believe the prior noise complaint had on the way you were dealt with during this incident?

What? did you think your constitutional rights extended into other people's homes and into other people's eardrums?

You knew what would happen if you didn't comply with the officers (I think quite reasonable) request.

Your right to play music in your house stops at your property line.

Now in all liklihood, had you turned off the music they cops would have left.

But instead you thought you'd play the passive aggressive my home is my castle game.

You lost.

My advise is that you get a lawyer to cut a deal, pay the fines and

go ye forth and sin no more.:eusa_pray:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back