I went to a Nursing home to work and it was SCARY as F

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Utterly shocking and terrifying experience

Was like being in the aftermath of WW1. So much sadness and illness everywhere.
People with dementia
People after strokes
People super overweight
People missing limbs

The stinch was BAD. Smelled like vomit , urine and TURDS all mixed together and invaded my nose every second.

This S is real as F

People with dementia
People after strokes
People super overweight
People missing limbs

The stinch was BAD. Smelled like vomit , urine and TURDS all mixed together and invaded my nose every second.

This S is real as F
It's no way to spend your last years

Most of the people were very NICE
Very few had any mobility.
Most were bed ridden or could only walk a few feet

This S is real as F
My ems tenure saw lots of transfers from fossil homes , they are all God's waiting room w/sorts that want out

I wouldn't recommend going out this way

On a completely reverse note, one of the local homes had an 'ol buck who apparently prided himself a ladies man

He had quite the gaggle of mourners leaving his mortal coil

~S~

People with dementia
People after strokes
People super overweight
People missing limbs

This S is real as F

I helped a few elderly woman who were my neighbors, who lived in my apartment buildings. I helped by going far out of my way and time showing up for them at Nursing Homes and Medical Rehabs, because I know staff is often illiterate, or below acceptable levels in understanding English. Usually immigrants, poorly trained, poorly paid, and poorly supervised. The places are often owned by Big groups, some owned by Conservative Republicans with lobbyists on their side.

Management can be friendly and open and understanding, but their hands are tied. It's al about profit at the cost of acceptable care.

I witnessed the people who had no visitors being neglected, abused, and looking like they just wanted to die. It was tough to observe.

When I was in the first grade, they took us to a Nursing Home for our field trip. It was horrible. It smelled like pee and after I left there, I vowed that I never wanted to get old. (that's the child speaking)..

Fast forward years later, I went undercover at a Assisted Living Facility and I was saddened by how depressed everyone looked. They propped them all up in front of a TV and nobody was interacting with them. My job was to report what I saw. I did a view of a patients room and all the furniture in there was worn and old. I did not know if that was their furniture or his. His room looked depressing.

Moral of the story. Just take me out and shoot me before you try to stick me in one of those places! o_O

People with dementia
People after strokes
People super overweight
People missing limbs

This S is real as F
Couldnt they at least keep it clean ?

1697234331691.png

1697234362339.png

My mom (90) is currently in a local one for rehab after a illness and they keep it up just fine.....Well staffed, nice and clean.

In fact two of the women that work there are her neighbors and I already have lined one up to check on her when she returns home in a week or so, at least till she can navigate on her own better.

I went to visit her yesterday and they had her out in the dayroom.....Which was unusual that time of day.
Come to find out the woman in the room with her had died. I saw the funeral home guy wheeling her out as I left.

People with dementia
People after strokes
People super overweight
People missing limbs

This S is real as F
so i take it your new career as bed pan emptier is out?...

When I was a teen, my grandma was in one. I used to pick her up every weekend to spend with us. I was the only family member who ever came to the place and it was a very large place. She liked the place when she first moved there but after a while it was too depressing. She was wheel chair bound. We eventually built ramps to our home and she came and stayed with us. Later she wanted to move in with an elderly friend and soon died. I loved her very much.

Forum List

Back