I went through what my husband paid for HI with BCBS for the last 12 years

Except lowest prices aren't on the exchange.

Please give me an ins name to call and get an apples to apples quote. I will I have time. I just transferred our home owners and auto after 8 years, yes a hassle but if I can save money I will.

Purpose of the exchange isn't to save you money. BCBS is bout as expensive as you can get.......carry on being ripped off for inferior products

Well before that he had American Community and that went sky high so he switched to BCBS. It was the best price at the time.

Ya know there is such a thing as yellow pages where ya can do the same thing............ya don't need the exchange......

d
Yes. I get the point. And I understand that some people don't have savings. I also understand that obamacare hasn't rescued everyone from all hardship.

It has so, if one can't get ins. they need to go to site and get on a silver share plan where they will get a lower deduct and OOP max, or they will get Medicaid. No matter the income or diagnosis they might have, they can get insurance.
Fabulous. Meanwhile, if obamacare is the answer for everybody, why is your husband still paying premiums to BCBS?

The ACA is not in itself an insurance, its a market place for insurance. Actually I found another insurance for him on the marketplace for this year, much better than BCBS , same price but lower OOP and Deduct and not an HMO.
PS: You have to be signed up on Healthcare.gov, if for instance your situation changes in the year, then you can get a subsidy if needed.

A bit of a side vent, but I am pissed that the government sold my private, non-published phone number. The very day I registeted to look at plans (phone number is a mandatory field), I got 15 sales calls. After 3 months, I had to change my phone number of over 10 years just to get the calls to stop ... at least 6 calls every day after 3 months. Pissed!
I have never received a call from the Marketplace or anyone else concerning ins. I have received emails and mailings from the Marketplace only , not from anyone else.

Like I said, I got so many that I had to change my number. Some were from the marketplace, but most were for free health insurace quotes from a LOT of different brokers and insurance companies.

Ya know there is such a thing as yellow pages where ya can do the same thing............ya don't need the exchange......

d
It has so, if one can't get ins. they need to go to site and get on a silver share plan where they will get a lower deduct and OOP max, or they will get Medicaid. No matter the income or diagnosis they might have, they can get insurance.
Fabulous. Meanwhile, if obamacare is the answer for everybody, why is your husband still paying premiums to BCBS?

The ACA is not in itself an insurance, its a market place for insurance. Actually I found another insurance for him on the marketplace for this year, much better than BCBS , same price but lower OOP and Deduct and not an HMO.
PS: You have to be signed up on Healthcare.gov, if for instance your situation changes in the year, then you can get a subsidy if needed.

A bit of a side vent, but I am pissed that the government sold my private, non-published phone number. The very day I registeted to look at plans (phone number is a mandatory field), I got 15 sales calls. After 3 months, I had to change my phone number of over 10 years just to get the calls to stop ... at least 6 calls every day after 3 months. Pissed!
I have never received a call from the Marketplace or anyone else concerning ins. I have received emails and mailings from the Marketplace only , not from anyone else.

Like I said, I got so many that I had to change my number. Some were from the marketplace, but most were for free health insurace quotes from a LOT of different brokers and insurance companies.

That would of pissed me off as well, wonder why that happened, did you go there when it was newer, we first went in the Dec 2014.

Yes. Insurance isn't free. BCBS is no exception. To keep from "cringing" should your husband get a dx of cancer and can't pay the premium, you might try what many adults do- put some money into savings for such emergencies.

We have money in savings and he has a disability policy , but that Is no the point. The point is, many people do not, and can't afford a HSA or a savings account for a time like the above. What about them. What about a 40 year old who has say diabetes , through no fault of his own?? Before he could not change jobs or ins carriers for fear of not getting ins he could afford.

Also the point is his ins went up the same with on and not on the ACA.
Yes. I get the point. And I understand that some people don't have savings. I also understand that obamacare hasn't rescued everyone from all hardship.

Please post a link to the "Obamacare Insurance Company" website.

What's that? You can't? Because there's no such insurance company? After all these years some of you still can't figure that out? Seriously?
I'm just going by the promises made by Obama. Under Obama's plan, everybody would be covered and everybody would save money on their health insurance. What? He didn't tell the truth? Seriously?

Which state .....any state.........

No, not any state - the state you live in. Or were you unaware that you can't buy insurance across state lines?

Proof?
Look at Anny state....I highly doubt all the insurance cos in the state are on the exchange....typical lib circlejerk response

Which state .....any state.........

No, not any state - the state you live in. Or were you unaware that you can't buy insurance across state lines?

Proof?
Since when does anyone offer you best price up front....especially rubes who alrdy have bought the sales pitch ......

We have money in savings and he has a disability policy , but that Is no the point. The point is, many people do not, and can't afford a HSA or a savings account for a time like the above. What about them. What about a 40 year old who has say diabetes , through no fault of his own?? Before he could not change jobs or ins carriers for fear of not getting ins he could afford.

Also the point is his ins went up the same with on and not on the ACA.

Please post a link to the "Obamacare Insurance Company" website.

What's that? You can't? Because there's no such insurance company? After all these years some of you still can't figure that out? Seriously?
I'm just going by the promises made by Obama. Under Obama's plan, everybody would be covered and everybody would save money on their health insurance. What? He didn't tell the truth? Seriously?

IOW, neither of you has ever actually looked at the exchange sites, you're just parroting whatever talking points you parrot.

Quick now, one of you post the two YouTube clips you're all so fond of. You'll learn nothing, but you'll inadvertently be helping those who do want to learn.

[QUOTE="Penelope,

Thank you , great page and easy. He is already enrolled in a plan in the Marketplace. I would suggest those not enrolled to fill out the one page link and see your savings.[/QUOTE]

islamo Nazi scum-----always the penny pinchers on the backs of public funds

Charming post. Who pays for your insurance?

you like it? As for my insurance-----MYOB-----as for my post addressing the
islamo Nazi slut-------I scooped up some of HER SHIT---and threw it back at her

Relevant to the topic, and well within the forum rules, too.

I'll take the "MYOB" to mean someone else is paying for your insurance. The most aggressively anti-PPACA posts seem to stem from that as a source.

Most people who do not like the PPACA do not know anything about it, or have insurance via work. They think its freeloading and well its not, its the opposite. Now everyone pays according to their income.

I'll take the "MYOB" to mean someone else is paying for your insurance. The most aggressively anti-PPACA posts seem to stem from that as a source.

you "take the "MYOB" filthy pimp??? ---- eat whatever shit you enjoy

Most people who do not like the PPACA do not know anything about it, or have insurance via work. They think its freeloading and well its not, its the opposite. Now everyone pays according to their income.

right----it is socialized medicine----fine with me. HOWEVER the people who complain the MOST will be those who lose their Medicaid (I am a real health care provider----I know)

No sense in being nasty about this, we are just discussing health insurance.

No sense in being nasty about this, we are just discussing health insurance.

In the course of the discussion you demonstrated your "bottom line" -----your own pocket---

Forum List

Back