I went BBQ grill shopping today

I lust after a Green Egg, but not quite ready to spend that kinda money on a grill.

I always like thebarrel grills. It is easier to have the heat gradient. That way I can sear the pork chops to seal in the juices and cook them slower by moving them off the hot side.

I have been buying a new barrel smoker every other year. Between the wind storms that destroy the covers in 2 months which leads to rust to the shitty grills coated in porcelain I've had it. Tired of the rusty eye sores & flaky grill surfaces.

Today I bought a Webber. Never used one so I bought the deluxe version with all kinds of extras. Cooked chicken wings on it tonight and they were quite tasty.
Gonna take some getting used to with the charcoal right below the food.

Anyhow in my journey today I ended up at Ace Hardware after a half dozen other stops. After choosing my grill I decided to get a new deck table. The one I picked was out of stock except for the display. They offered me a 10% discount so I took it. Got to the register and it rang up 23.99 three times. She called the Mgr over and scanned it again and after it registered 23.99 again the guy said "let him have it" I freaked as it was 229.00 regular.

I used to hate Ace Hardware. Lol

/drunkblog
You can never go wrong with a Webber! I am on my 4th Webber gas grill and have a couple Smoky Joe's.

please dont confuse bbq and grilling out......they are not the same

You can do low and slow on a Weber. It's a little more work than in a smoker or in my favorite, The Green Egg

I looked at the egg but 1500.00 is too much. On the other hand if I decide I don't like the Webber it's early enough in the season I can just go back to my barrel smoker

Yankees barbecue if they cook anything on a grill. Us in the south, however, designate barbecue as a long process of cooking a piece of meat - usually pork ( Boston Butt or shoulder, for example) over low heat (175 - 250 F ) for a number of hours. The slow roast makes the meat tender, and we like to season with wood smoke (preferably hickory).

If you throw a steak or burger on the grill and just cook it up, that is grilling, not barbecuing.

exactly i got a new chargrill the other day mostly for grilling

we grilled up some perfect rib eye on Saturday yum yum

the old grill is for bbq ing

I love grilling. I grill any meat (except steak), fish, sausages ect, and lots of veggies do great on a grill.

But for a steak? Once I tried the Reverse Sear method, I will never grill another.

This Unusual Way To Cook Steak, Has My Mouth Watering Waiting To Try It.

Get thick steaks, especially ribeyes. It is the best. You know when you grill and cook it medium rare, when you slice it there is a gradient from rarest in the center to more well done as you go towards the edge? Not with this method. It is medium rare throughout the entire steak except the very edge, which has the tasty sear.

Try it.

I love grilling. I grill any meat (except steak), fish, sausages ect, and lots of veggies do great on a grill.

But for a steak? Once I tried the Reverse Sear method, I will never grill another.

Get thick steaks, especially ribeyes. It is the best. You know when you grill and cook it medium rare, when you slice it there is a gradient from rarest in the center to more well done as you go towards the edge? Not with this method. It is medium rare throughout the entire steak except the very edge, which has the tasty sear.

Try it.

we seared those rib eye in a cross hatch fashion both sides

they turned out as good as any I have ever had

thanks for the link btw

Yankees barbecue if they cook anything on a grill. Us in the south, however, designate barbecue as a long process of cooking a piece of meat - usually pork ( Boston Butt or shoulder, for example) over low heat (175 - 250 F ) for a number of hours. The slow roast makes the meat tender, and we like to season with wood smoke (preferably hickory).

If you throw a steak or burger on the grill and just cook it up, that is grilling, not barbecuing.

You'll have to drive your rebel ass up to mass for some good "Yankee 'cue." Ribs, brisket, tri tip, pork butt...usually smoke veg/fruit for the homemade sauces....

Try it.

we seared those rib eye in a cross hatch fashion both sides

they turned out as good as any I have ever had

thanks for the link btw

Try that method some time. I am not saying grilled steaks are not delicious. Just that the reverse sear works every time to perfection.

You'll have to drive your rebel ass up to mass for some good "Yankee 'cue." Ribs, brisket, tri tip, pork butt...usually smoke veg/fruit for the homemade sauces....

One of the things I love about southern 'cue is the sauce being cooked on. There was a little roadside BBQ place south of Selma AL. We did a lot of work in Mobile, so we drove by it twice a week. Absolutely delicious pork butt and pulled pork. For an extra 25 cents you could request mostly outside meat, with the sauce cooked and blackened. It was heaven.

One of the things I love about southern 'cue is the sauce being cooked on. There was a little roadside BBQ place south of Selma AL. We did a lot of work in Mobile, so we drove by it twice a week. Absolutely delicious pork butt and pulled pork. For an extra 25 cents you could request mostly outside meat, with the sauce cooked and blackened. It was heaven.

I usually mix it up between rubs and sauces, but each region of the south has their own style. Tough to go wrong with any slow smoked barbecue though, we'll, unless the person doing the cooking is a damn fool.

Forum List

Back