I went BBQ grill shopping today

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I have been buying a new barrel smoker every other year. Between the wind storms that destroy the covers in 2 months which leads to rust to the shitty grills coated in porcelain I've had it. Tired of the rusty eye sores & flaky grill surfaces.

Today I bought a Webber. Never used one so I bought the deluxe version with all kinds of extras. Cooked chicken wings on it tonight and they were quite tasty.
Gonna take some getting used to with the charcoal right below the food.

Anyhow in my journey today I ended up at Ace Hardware after a half dozen other stops. After choosing my grill I decided to get a new deck table. The one I picked was out of stock except for the display. They offered me a 10% discount so I took it. Got to the register and it rang up 23.99 three times. She called the Mgr over and scanned it again and after it registered 23.99 again the guy said "let him have it" I freaked as it was 229.00 regular.

I used to hate Ace Hardware. Lol

/drunkblog

I have been buying a new barrel smoker every other year. Between the wind storms that destroy the covers in 2 months which leads to rust to the shitty grills coated in porcelain I've had it. Tired of the rusty eye sores & flaky grill surfaces.

Today I bought a Webber. Never used one so I bought the deluxe version with all kinds of extras. Cooked chicken wings on it tonight and they were quite tasty.

Anyhow in my journey today I ended up at Ace Hardware after a half dozen other stops. After choosing my grill I decided to get a new deck table. The one I picked was out of stock except for the display. They offered me a 10% discount so I took it. Got to the register and it rang up 23.99 three times. She called the Mgr over and scanned it again and after it registered 23.99 again the guy said "let him have it" I freaked as it was 229.00 regular.

/drunkblog
STOP BUYING CHINESE and Buy American....Grampa..steve

• Banned

/drunkblog
Is Webber Chinese?

/drunkblog
Is Webber Chinese?

Ah-so?

• Banned

/drunkblog
Is Webber Chinese?

Ah-so?
God Damn it. Stop confusing me

/drunkblog
Is Webber Chinese?
I reckon it would be made there Grampa

• Banned

/drunkblog
Is Webber Chinese?
I reckon it would be made there Grampa
Ten Surprising Products Still Made in America | Fox Business

I want my BBQ ribs so hot that a Mexican says too hot for me.

/drunkblog
The trick with a Weber is that you should only put hot coals under half of the grate. The half with the hinge so you can add more charcoal to the fire if needed. That way you have a hot side and a warm side and you can move the food off the heat if it's cooking too quickly

o they are a big deal around here..people literally stroke them as they tell you the wonders of their green egg
My wife bought me mine for my birthday about 10 years ago. It's lasted longer than any grill I've ever had and all I had to do was replace the seal every couple years

Forum List

Back