I was more at risk in 1962 when I was 9

WOW...you really are lost here...

YOU said: JFK was murdered in a coup d'état

A coup d'état is the violent overthrow or alteration of an existing government by a small group

1000 posts later and you still don't get it. I told you earlier when you went off the rails:

Americans should want the elected government to be the REAL government.

You make no sense...again. You lost our debate regarding the cause and solution for rogue elements in government and now this on JFK's assassination. Do you deny that JFK was murdered in a coup d'état?

I told you earlier that I AGREE WITH YOU that Americans should get the government they elect. Why do you persist with silly NON-arguments?

Americans don't get the government they elect....wait for it..........because the government is TOO BIG and TOO POWERFUL....let me explain further so that you might comprehend....TOO BIG AND TOO POWERFUL ALSO MEANS UNACCOUNTABLE.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU COMPREHEND.

Then you should be half happy...a coup d'état creates a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY small government, but it is not accountable to We, the People.

Your ideology is clouding your thinking. And your conclusions are what you 'feel' or fear, but size has little or no relevance to WHO runs the government, either the people we elect or a small handful of monied interests.

sorry shorty...but size matters.

Too bad Americans have grown up being fed liberal hype like pablum about the fictional "camelot" administration. Thanks to the liberal media Russia knew more about JFK's weaknesses than Americans did. JFK's criminal use of the CIA as a recruiting and training organization for a foreign invasion was an impeachable offense but the media ignored it like they ignored JFK's quirky brother's "exploding cigar diplomacy". When JFK finally left the poor fools that the CIA recruited, trained, fed and housed, to die at the Bay of Pigs it seemed clear to Russia that the US was being led by a fool so they placed missiles on Cuba. In an effort to get his balls back, JFK made an issue out of the Cuban Missile Crisis and put to the US in "Devcon 2". The dirty little secret was that Russia had "boomer-subs" just like we did cruising off the US coast so a couple of missiles on Cuba wasn't really that big a deal.

YOu need to go read a book, lad.

The Bay of Pigs invasion was long planned and underway during the Ike Admin, and before Kennedy took office.

And there IS some question whether IKE even knew about the CIA's plan in the first place, too.

The CIA has never been entirely under the absolute authority of the Oval Office, not since the first day of its inception.

I'm informed that no POTUS, neither D nor R, either has truly trusted the CIA since '52, and the CIA has felt much the same way about every POTUS they supposedly served under, either.

Too bad Americans have grown up being fed liberal hype like pablum about the fictional "camelot" administration. Thanks to the liberal media Russia knew more about JFK's weaknesses than Americans did. JFK's criminal use of the CIA as a recruiting and training organization for a foreign invasion was an impeachable offense but the media ignored it like they ignored JFK's quirky brother's "exploding cigar diplomacy". When JFK finally left the poor fools that the CIA recruited, trained, fed and housed, to die at the Bay of Pigs it seemed clear to Russia that the US was being led by a fool so they placed missiles on Cuba. In an effort to get his balls back, JFK made an issue out of the Cuban Missile Crisis and put to the US in "Devcon 2". The dirty little secret was that Russia had "boomer-subs" just like we did cruising off the US coast so a couple of missiles on Cuba wasn't really that big a deal.

YOu need to go read a book, lad.

The Bay of Pigs invasion was long planned and underway during the Ike Admin, and before Kennedy took office.

And there IS some question whether IKE even knew about the CIA's plan in the first place, too.

The CIA has never been entirely under the absolute authority of the Oval Office, not since the first day of its inception.

I'm informed that no POTUS, neither D nor R, either has truly trusted the CIA since '52, and the CIA has felt much the same way about every POTUS they supposedly served under, either.

Agreed and yet Ike who warned us about the dangers of a military-industrial complex and who had to suspect the military/CIA in JFK's murder, said nothing further. Had he made an effort in his retirement, to put an end to it, who knows just maybe things would be different today.

Interesting. I was on base and in uniform at that time. Wondered if I would even see the flash of the bomb that killed me. Glad we had a President like Kennedy at that time.

It's an interesting dynamic. Originally the OSS had a very wide brief for clandestine operations. They really didn't need to get anyone's approval. They were outside the military chain of command during war and responsible to no civilian authority. At the end of WWII they had an inventory of dirty little secrets to protect and a number of ongoing operations. The focus had changed dramatically, but the circumstances of the early Cold War (especially the situations in Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Poland, Iran, and Czechoslovakia where many in the United States believed Stalin had agreed during the war to allow a degree of independence inside a Soviet sphere of influence) made the idea of going back to pre-war intelligence operations seem inadequate. So we got the CIA.

Very quickly a pattern developed. Senior officials in each administration were convinced that the President (and practically everyone else in the government) needed deniability for certain types of operations. Practically this meant that the CIA required a "black budget" that did not appear anywhere on paper. The argument of national security was used to get around the constitutional problems regarding budgeting and oversight. A select few members of Congress were appointed to oversight committees and everyone else was left in the dark. It didn't take long for the CIA to figure out that they did not want to fill in the oversight committees about every ongoing operation or every skeleton in the closet. So in 1946 and 1947 the CIA decided that to maintain "plausible deniability" for certain operations (assassination planning for a Stalin hit comes to mind) some information would not leave the Agency.

In fact, from the very beginning there were some rogue operations that the DCI didn't even know about. With each succeeding Director, the former director made a decision as to what files the incoming director needed to know about. So there accumulated a burgeoning inventory of operations which had no paperwork, but which were conducted and sometimes ongoing, but which involved personnel knew about.

Some of the WWII files were set to be made public after 50 years, but by the late 1990's some of these files had become lst and others were determined to be still sensitive and withheld. We know this because the purging effort was bungled and there are references in released documents to studies, communications, plans, and orders which were not released. Today many of these documents have been recovered because the Soviet files were thrown open to historians with very little review, and a surprising number of CIA documents were in KGB files. So as we write the history of the last half of the twentieth century, we rely on Soviet archives to fill in the blanks spaces of American intelligence operations!

Forum List

Back