I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
You can be anti abortion and still support a woman's right to choose.

The problem with that is the human that will have its life ended does not get a say in what happens to it. Thus there is no liberty for that human.
A fetus is a conglomeration of tissue: it is not a human being. An abortion is a medical procedure. And by the way, there are hundreds of thousands spontaneous abortions every year: we call them miscarriages. It is tissue, not a human being.

So, in your view at what point does the magical transformation from non-human to human take place.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Viability

Can you define that? Does every blob of cells hit viability at the same time and magically become human or does the time they magically go from non-human to human change with each blob of cells?
The biggest abortionist is God as two thirds of all human fertilized eggs do not come to term.

The problem with that is the human that will have its life ended does not get a say in what happens to it. Thus there is no liberty for that human.
A fetus is a conglomeration of tissue: it is not a human being. An abortion is a medical procedure. And by the way, there are hundreds of thousands spontaneous abortions every year: we call them miscarriages. It is tissue, not a human being.

So, in your view at what point does the magical transformation from non-human to human take place.

Viability

Can you define that? Does every blob of cells hit viability at the same time and magically become human or does the time they magically go from non-human to human change with each blob of cells?
The biggest abortionist is God as two thirds of all human fertilized eggs do not come to term.

And 100% of the people born end up dying, does that give me the right to kill them myself?

Viability

When it can survive outside a woman's body, of course.

Survive without assistance?

Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?

No, actually, it's a value judgement.

I'm not sure what your complaint is here, Mr. Libertarian.

You seem to think it's perfectly fine for the Rich to fuck over the rest of us because "Freedom" or something, and it would be just fine if rich people fuck over people in the name of profits.

And now it's happened to you. Maybe your boss really thinks Trump supporters are too stupid to employ. Or maybe he got repeated complaints about how you were mouthing off your opinions instead of doing your job.

Viability

And 100% of the people born end up dying, does that give me the right to kill them myself?
are those people inside your body buddy ?

No.

As long as you remember that at work, your political views should be treated like your penis, and shared only people who really want you to share.

Remember... no means :haha:
Should your boss be able to fire you for being a dick about sharing your political views?

:yes_text12:

Viability

False equivalency: not logical.

Viability

When it can survive outside a woman's body, of course.

Survive without assistance?
Fetuses that are aborted cannot function with assistance. They are not fully formed or developed. A child that is born, even a neo-natal, can function with assistance because it is fully formed.

I haven't stopped laughing at the fact that this Trombie was employed by a libtard all this time.

The job creating libtard had the Trombies nuts in a vice.

Classic.

Let me guess. You were at work shooting off your mouth about how n-word-ers and wet backs are going to get shot dead if they try to move across the border because MAGA, and HR decided that you were creating a hostile work environment. You now have morphed that in your mind as being fired for supporting Trump, completely unwilling to take personal responsibility for your actions. That about right?

You must have a cidently heard an LBJ speech or something.

So, should a Jewish employer be required to hire a Nazi? Could they say - sorry, we don't do business with Nazis?

The employer should be prohibited from asking the applicant about political status in the first place, and therefore your question is moot. That is what you don't seem to be understanding. Political views have no business being in in the office in the first place. If you bring your political views into the office then that fact alone can be cause to terminate you, or to end consideration for an open position.

So, should a Jewish employer be required to hire a Nazi? Could they say - sorry, we don't do business with Nazis?

The employer should be prohibited from asking the applicant about political status in the first place, and therefore your question is moot.
That is what you don't seem to be understanding. Political views have no business being in in the office in the first place. If you bring your political views into the office then that fact alone can be cause to terminate you, or to end consideration for an open position.

That's dodging the question. Regardless of whether of whether you think politics should be discussed at work, regardless of whether the law says you can't discuss politics at work (I don't think such a law exists, btw), you still haven't answered the question. Should a Jew be forced to hire Nazis?

That's dodging the question. Regardless of whether of whether you think politics should be discussed at work, regardless of whether the law says you can't discuss politics at work (I don't think such a law exists, btw), you still haven't answered the question. Should a Jew be forced to hire Nazis?

No, it's not dodging the question. It's living in the adult world where your childish hissy fits have no merit and your artificial hypotheticals are dismissed for their inherent stupidity. Nobody is forced to hire anyone. Ever. Employers make a decision when they hire someone.

No, it's not dodging the question. It's living in the adult world where your childish hissy fits have no merit and your artificial hypotheticals are dismissed for their inherent stupidity. Nobody is forced to hire anyone. Ever. Employers make a decision when they hire someone.

It is dodging, but I don't blame you. To acknowledge the authoritarian nature of the policy would be looking a little too closely in the mirror.

It is dodging, but I don't blame you. To acknowledge the authoritarian nature of the policy would be looking a little too closely in the mirror.

Grow up.

Grow up.

Maybe you should pass a law for that, too.

The fact of the matter is that the way we've chosen to address bigotry is a direct violation of both the spirit and the letter of the First Amendment. We're trying to use government to suppress unpopular biases in society.

Let me guess. You were at work shooting off your mouth about how n-word-ers and wet backs are going to get shot dead if they try to move across the border because MAGA, and HR decided that you were creating a hostile work environment. You now have morphed that in your mind as being fired for supporting Trump, completely unwilling to take personal responsibility for your actions. That about right?

Interesting he did not have a reply to your comment. My bet is that you are pretty darn close to what happened.

No.

My humble opinion? :eusa_eh:

Yes and no depending on the size and structure of the employer....

Mom & Pop Deli? No. Mom & Pop should not be required to hire someone that they know to be a Mein Kampf-thumping Nazi.

Wal Mart? Yes. Provided the Nazi in question is just as restricted from displaying and discussing his religion as everyone else on the payroll.
But I'm a true liberal who believes that if a guy thinks he can make a living by opening up a bar that caters only to gay white bikers who smoke, he should have the freedom to try it.

`

Forum List

Back