I was changing my guitar strings

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
And I cut the D string too short because I screwed up and mistakenly measured it to the E string peg! Dammit! I don't have anymore strings and I don't want to use the old one. So I thought, what the hell? Look!

taylor.jpg

taylor2.jpg

And it's holding! Dammit!

That's fail, get a new string, dude.

Have you tuned it to pitch yet?

Just an all-around bad idea.

I don't even have many instruments around here, but if I did, none would have n1gger-rigged strings.

PS: Y U use such heavy strings?

And I cut the D string too short because I screwed up and mistakenly measured it to the E string peg! Dammit! I don't have anymore strings and I don't want to use the old one. So I thought, what the hell? Look!

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

I would never trust that! I'm sure I'd have popped that string right into my face if I ever tried that. Get some cheap strings. :p

• Banned

I don't even have many instruments around here, but if I did, none would have n1gger-rigged strings.

They are extra light stings, and it's holding tune! And it's a square knot!

You sorry granny knot-tyer.

Break yourself and spend 80 cents on a string.

• Banned

You sorry granny knot-tyer.

Break yourself and spend 80 cents on a string.
I know, but we live in a one saw horse town where they ain't got none! But I'll order another three pack tomorrow! But hey, it's still holding and I bent the hell out of it playing for over an hour.

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

/----/ Ahhhh the old Carpenter's rule: Measure twice and cut once. Apparently applies to guitar strings and musicians.

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

String first, then cut. It's bad practice to cut a wound string before it has been tightened.

• Banned

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

String first, then cut. It's bad practice to cut a wound string before it has been tightened.
That's how I used to do it, but the "experts" at Taylor say different. However, I don't think it makes any difference so I think I'll just go back to cutting after. And fwiw, the knot is still good!

You could spend the next 2 hours trying to silver solder it with $12 worth of materials. Make sure your yarmulke isn't flammable.

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

That's how I used to do it, but the "experts" at Taylor say different. However, I don't think it makes any difference so I think I'll just go back to cutting after. And fwiw, the knot is still good!

Well, Taylor makes a fine instrument. They should know.

Also, I usually tune the guitar a half note down. Easier to play that way and if I need standard tuning, just capo the first fret!

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

Best sounding guitar I've had for the money. It was 1100.00 dollars, but, if I had 3500.00 that day, I would have bought the Gibson Hummingbird. A fantastic guitar.

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

I

Best sounding guitar I've had for the money. It was 1100.00 dollars, but, if I had 3500.00 that day, I would have bought the Gibson Hummingbird. A fantastic guitar.

I've played off-and-on for 50 years, but two years ago, I got a violin for my birthday. I love it. Wish I'd gotten one 30 years ago. I have a few guitars - good ones - but the only one I've played in the past few years is a Hirade K-5. Beautiful tone. I used it to record some backing tracks on my PC, to use practicing the fiddle.

View attachment 192066

Mike...your GBE strings are strung backwards....they should be wound to the inside of the pegs. :eusa_doh:

Nice knot though......I got an Indonesian Fender acoustic CD60CE with a Fishman pickup....picked it up on Amazon for $300 with a nice case. Getting back into it after a 30 year layoff....learning lead licks off YouTube videos. I'm using Elixir 12/53s after snapping a set of Ernie Ball slinky junk.

View attachment 192066

Mike...your GBE strings are strung backwards....they should be wound to the inside of the pegs. :eusa_doh:

Nice knot though......I got an Indonesian Fender acoustic CD60CE with a Fishman pickup....picked it up on Amazon for $300 with a nice case. Getting back into it after a 30 year layoff....learning lead licks off YouTube videos. I'm using Elixir 12/53s after snapping a set of Ernie Ball slinky junk.

Hah, I didn't even notice the strings on the other side! That's the kind of thing I would do. :p

Of course, I played bass. I had a little more leeway. :D

Indonesian Fender acoustic? Wtf? :uhoh3:

Here I was thinking I was weird for having a Japanese student Ibanez.

You know, I didn't pay much for it, and the action and intonation are good, so whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Oh yeh, It's the Jap version of an Epiphone/Les Paul. :iyfyus.jpg:

It says Epiphone, but it's Ibanez..somehow.

Quality is a good thing, no matter where you find it.

View attachment 192066

I knew they were backwards, and I just left them. You might want to try some thinner strings, be a lot easier to bend and easier on your fangers!

View attachment 192066

I knew they were backwards, and I just left them. You might want to try some thinner strings, be a lot easier to bend and easier on your fangers!

With strings like that, nobody is bending a thing. My money says they're flatwound and he's a slider player. PS: You better hope that neck is strong.

My friend's granpa has an old Gibson that he plays in that style. He's a helluva dude.

Indonesian Fender acoustic? Wtf? :uhoh3:

Here I was thinking I was weird for having a Japanese student Ibanez.

You know, I didn't pay much for it, and the action and intonation are good, so whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Oh yeh, It's the Jap version of an Epiphone/Les Paul. :iyfyus.jpg:

It says Epiphone, but it's Ibanez..somehow.

Quality is a good thing, no matter where you find it.

Here's the Fender......https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSBHU7X/?tag=ff0d01-20
And I got a beautiful case with it that's no longer included in the price. The action was a tad high until I tightened the truss-rod a half-turn. Beautiful, rich sound....I'm pretty happy with it.

Forum List

Back