I was changing my guitar strings

Does my guitar have all the strings on it?

Ofc no. The E string is busted. :(

4 bends and the b and g would be too. I guess I need a string pack..or two.

The Fender still has the 1979 strings, though. Yeah, I'm not into finger pain and don't like playing it.
Two things you can do. Extra light strings and tune down a half note. Much easier on the fingers.

See, I could never be a guitar player. I don't want thinner strings, I want them thicker! I want to be able to abuse the crap out of them and have them ask for more! :p

81%2BvhhbB%2BcL._SL1500_.jpg

To get this sound:

Too stiff for me. 9 gauge or go fuck your mother.

Oh, and then you use 9-gauge electrics for the unwound strings.

:eek: I've done this a time or two.

Joisey Shore heeb...unsightly looking guitar picker but he's a good teacher once you get used to his voice.

sFun_drool.gif

And I cut the D string too short because I screwed up and mistakenly measured it to the E string peg! Dammit! I don't have anymore strings and I don't want to use the old one. So I thought, what the hell? Look!

View attachment 192066

View attachment 192068

And it's holding! Dammit!

String first, then cut. It's bad practice to cut a wound string before it has been tightened.
I
That's how I used to do it, but the "experts" at Taylor say different. However, I don't think it makes any difference so I think I'll just go back to cutting after. And fwiw, the knot is still good!

Well, Taylor makes a fine instrument. They should know.
Best sounding guitar I've had for the money. It was 1100.00 dollars, but, if I had 3500.00 that day, I would have bought the Gibson Hummingbird. A fantastic guitar.

I've played off-and-on for 50 years, but two years ago, I got a violin for my birthday. I love it. Wish I'd gotten one 30 years ago. I have a few guitars - good ones - but the only one I've played in the past few years is a Hirade K-5. Beautiful tone. I used it to record some backing tracks on my PC, to use practicing the fiddle.
My kids took violin lessons for a couple of years. I wish we had been able to continue. But any time spent is not time wasted!

I went with the 'pick it up and play' method of learning. :p I can't read music, I have no idea what notes I'm playing when I play. Other than the occasional use of tablature, I always did things by ear.

I only used an electric tuner once. It was terrible. I was getting ready to play a show, and one of the guys in the band plugged my bass into his electric tuner. I ended up out of tune for the show. :lol:

I sometimes wish I'd taken some lessons, because I was limited in my techniques being self-taught.

My kids took violin lessons for a couple of years. I wish we had been able to continue. But any time spent is not time wasted!

I used to think about becoming a fiddle player but I couldn't find a shirt with fringe on it.
lol.gif

Forum List

Back