Tradition Crockett BP 32cal...

...in the white kit rifle is on clearance at MidwayUSA.

$350, down from $419.

14 left.

Ringel05
Ya might be better of buying an already assembled one, Traditions isn't known for their super quality.......... or parts that always fit. Not saying they're really bad, lots of people swear by them but just remember, ya often get what you pay for.
The other thing to consider is buying a carbon fiber ramrod for it as the wooden one is quite spindly and could cause more problems than it's worth especially after having fired a few times in a row. There's a reason I personally stick with the big names in black powder firearms other than historical accuracy.

...in the white kit rifle is on clearance at MidwayUSA.

$350, down from $419.

14 left.

Ringel05
Ya might be better of buying an already assembled one, Traditions isn't known for their super quality.......... or parts that always fit. Not saying they're really bad, lots of people swear by them but just remember, ya often get what you pay for.
The other thing to consider is buying a carbon fiber ramrod for it as the wooden one is quite spindly and could cause more problems than it's worth especially after having fired a few times in a row. There's a reason I personally stick with the big names in black powder firearms other than historical accuracy.

The price went down to $278...had to get one. Totally agree with everything you said...but I really want to build a few from a kit...and I suspect the first one is going to have a steep learning curve. I'd hate to mess up something super expensive. It did come with an aluminum ramrod.

I've refinished stocks before, so I have Tru-oil and Stock Sheen/Conditioner from Birchwood Casey. Got some B/C Sealer/Pore Filler and Plum Brown Barrel Finnish. We'll see how it goes.

Forum List

Back