I want an investigation’: Father of slain SEAL blames Trump’s carelessness and ego for son’s death

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
The father of a Navy SEAL killed during a mission that Donald Trump approved just a week into his administration blames the president for his son’s death.

William Owens told The Miami Herald that he refused to meet with Trump when the remains of son, William “Ryan” Owens, were returned to Dover Air Force Base.
I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,” Owens recalled explaining to the chaplain. “I told them I don’t want to meet the president.”

“I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him.”

Owens questioned Trump’s motivation for signing off on a mission just six days into his presidency.

“Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why?” he asked. “For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen — everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?”

Last edited by a moderator:
OK... I reported the advertisement.

It is pretty much just some bed wetter's click bait bullshit.

We should have 9 thorough investigations like they did for Benghazi... :rolleyes:

But seriously, this FUBAR mission, should be investigated at least once, to figure out how we messed up so badly and why.....so that we do NOT repeat the same mistakes in the future...

my sympathy for the father, it's understandable how he feels it was a rash, careless move only 6 days in to Trump's presidency

The father is bullshitting you?

No, the fact that you're touting the story is bullshit.

When family members of hitlary's victims in Benghazi spoke out you turds excoriated them.

Now grief stricken family members who speak out against Trump are heroes to you.

• Banned

When family members of hitlary's victims in Benghazi spoke out you turds excoriated them.

Now grief stricken family members who speak out against Trump are heroes to you.
Yup, it just shows how big and bad of a mouth Trump has. he declares the mission to be a victory while the Generals involved declare it to be a disaster

Yeah, I bet if Hillary was president, we would still be seeing thread after thread about more Benghazi investigations ...

This father has a right to know exactly what happened.

Forum List

Back