I want a parade.

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
I want a parade, in fact I want several parades.

On June 10th, 1945, while US marines were still fighting and dieing in the Pacific, there was a ticker tape parade in NYC for Ike, our soldiers, and their victory in Europe.

A month and a half later, and about two weeks after the Emperor of Japan addressed his people, there was a parade in NYC for Gen. de Gaulle, as the interim President of liberated France.

A few weeks later there was a parade in NYC for Gen. Wainwright, hero of Corregidor.

About a month later, a parade in NYC for the head of the Pacific Fleet, Adm. Nimitz.

A few weeks later a parade for Truman.

A couple months later a parade for Adm. 'Bull' Halsey.

March of the following year a parade for Churchill.

Where the hell are our parades?

I want a parade for the soldiers who defeated the Taliban in Afghanistan, and a parade for Karzai.

I want a parade for the marines, sailors, pilots, and soldiers who defeated the Iraqi army, and a parade for Bremer.

I want a parade for all the marines and soldiers who have protected and rebuilt Iraq as the Iraqi people got their country back on it's feet.

I want a parade for the Iraqi soldiers who stood up for themselves, their families, and their country.

And I want a parade for Pres. Bush.

Are we at war or not? Why are we not celebrating our victories? Are we going to let liberal leftist propaganda shame us into dwelling on real and imagined failures rather than rejoicing in success? If we do then we lose the psychological battle they are waging against us.

I want a god damned parade!!

He----uh---Heck Yeah!

You're right! Our boys do deserve a parade! This might make you feel a little better...

We have a family in our neighborhood; the husband was in the military. He was set to retire in a few months, when he found that he was assigned overseas for eighteen months. He left a wife (age 32) and two very young children. He completed his assignment successfully, and retuened home last year.

His wife organized a parade in the neighborhood. We made posters, etc. and were all set to cheer him when he drove home. The wife was supposed to call when they were almost home. Unfortunately, the stinker was so anxious to get home that he didn't wait for his wife to pick him up. He took a cab, and we didn't have any warning when he was coming. But it was the thought that counted, right?

Now, let's have some brass bands and little girls with batons (or in our neck of the woods, pick-up trucks with balloons taped to the sides, driven by men in plaid flannel)!

But you gotta make sure you have the little car with the annoying horn and the kids on roller-blades holding on to ropes attached to the pick-up trucks.

Move to Virginia City,Nevada...we have parades to celebrate parades...I suppose we are just bored...way too many parades.... :funnyface

Zhukov said:

On June 10th, 1945, while US marines were still fighting and dieing in the Pacific, there was a ticker tape parade in NYC for Ike, our soldiers, and their victory in Europe.

A month and a half later, and about two weeks after the Emperor of Japan addressed his people, there was a parade in NYC for Gen. de Gaulle, as the interim President of liberated France.

A few weeks later there was a parade in NYC for Gen. Wainwright, hero of Corregidor.

About a month later, a parade in NYC for the head of the Pacific Fleet, Adm. Nimitz.

I want a parade for the soldiers who defeated the Taliban in Afghanistan, and a parade for Karzai.

I want a parade for the marines, sailors, pilots, and soldiers who defeated the Iraqi army, and a parade for Bremer.

I want a parade for all the marines and soldiers who have protected and rebuilt Iraq as the Iraqi people got their country back on it's feet.

I want a parade for the Iraqi soldiers who stood up for themselves, their families, and their country.

Are we at war or not? Why are we not celebrating our victories? Are we going to let liberal leftist propaganda shame us into dwelling on real and imagined failures rather than rejoicing in success? If we do then we lose the psychological battle they are waging against us.

It is not politically correct to gloat over your vanquished enemies. Probably why I would do it in a heartbeat.

Zhukov said:

AND I WANT TICKER TAPE!!! Oh, so help me if there's no ticker tape!

Zhukov said:

A parade for ONE person, i don't think.
A military procession with the soldiers to honor them, why not, like on the Champs Elysées in 1918. But I would feel quite strange if you compare parades of WWI or WWII's ends with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. They have not the same dimension.

GW Bush declared that the war in Iraq was over. So you're not at war.

padisha emperor said:
A parade for ONE person, i don't think.
A military procession with the soldiers to honor them, why not, like on the Champs Elysées in 1918. But I would feel quite strange if you compare parades of WWI or WWII's ends with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. They have not the same dimension.

GW Bush declared that the war in Iraq was over. So you're not at war.
Well, the president has not declared the war on terrorism over, so ....

I guess you would feel strange about a parade now compared to a parade of WWI or WWII. At least for the latter, the French made a pretense of fighting....

CSM said:

I guess you would feel strange about a parade now compared to a parade of WWI or WWII. At least for the latter, the French made a pretense of fighting....

LMAO ... they DID try, didn't they?

A PARADE?

For what? What have we won?

The only parade that I'd attend is the one for the troops that fought in Afghanistan.

To gloat over a "victory" in Iraq when soldiers are still dying because of the attacks of insurgents, when no WMD have been found, and when we kind of fucked up the exit strategy is NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF.

Not to mention, we're still fighting that war on terrorism, wherever it is.

CSM said:

Not sure to have well understand, but if you mean France didn't fight in WWII, let me say to you you're an idiot, an ignorant, and you should read some history books instead of your classical stupid anti-french sites...Just some words about it, you'll find more in books...but strange, for a non fighting country, to resist heroicly against Germans in Dunkirk to allow the english and french troops to escape, to kick Italians in North africa, to resist heroicly against Rommel in Bir Hakeim (1942), to free a lot of cities in Italy, like Rome, to take Monte Cassino, to free alone more than half of France, to be the first allied unit on the Rhine, in Rosenau, to take Berschtesgaden...

USA in WWI ? what a joke ! coming after everybody, when all the jobs has been doing. La Marne has been won by France, Verdun too, La Somme by the English...
I think you disagree with this statement about the US role in WWI. You'ld be right. But it's exactly what you're doing with role of France, not only in WWII, but also in whole History. Even the British acording to say that France has the greatest History of the World. Look at it before bashing me, you'll understand why. And also, why it makes me angry when I read your pieces of shit about subject you totally ignore.
You wouldn't accept the quarter I read from you about your US history...oh, a last thing, you probably like U-571 and Pearl Harbor... first, it's not a US commando who took Enigma, but a british one...perfect example of non-respect of heroes...second, in P-H : the father of Danny could hardly have been in the Trenches of Verdun, because the battle was over, the Frencnh had won, after a 9 monthes battle with 600,000 casualties. But here again, the american spectator would believe that the US army was at Verdun during the Hell...Come on, GI ! why don't say directly that France didn't help and save you in 1781, or that the courageaous US patriots won the 100 Years War in 1453 intead of the French.............................

With a biased vision of History, the memories of the heroes and deads are not respected, and people lie to itself.

liberalogic said:
A PARADE?

The only parade that I'd attend is the one for the troops that fought in Afghanistan.

To gloat over a "victory" in Iraq when soldiers are still dying because of the attacks of insurgents, when no WMD have been found, and when we kind of fucked up the exit strategy is NOTHING TO BE PROUD OF.

a) We were still losing troops to insurgents long after we took Berlin in 1945. That doesn't mean the troops didn't deserve a parade. In fact, at least 1 Japanese soldier didn't consider the war over until the mid-70s.

b) An exit strategy isn't a necessity of war. We're still in Germany. We're still in Japan. We're still in Korea. If the Dems and the media hadn't f'ed up Vietnam, we'd probably still be there, too. Also, did you know our troops are still getting killed by rogue Taliban and other terrorists in Afghanistan? Guess that war is unwinnable, too, huh? In fact, it's to our advantage not to fully leave either Iraq or Afghanistan, seeing as how those are both very good locations to launch the War on Terror from.

Hobbit said:
a) We were still losing troops to insurgents long after we took Berlin in 1945. That doesn't mean the troops didn't deserve a parade. In fact, at least 1 Japanese soldier didn't consider the war over until the mid-70s.

b) An exit strategy isn't a necessity of war. We're still in Germany. We're still in Japan. We're still in Korea. If the Dems and the media hadn't f'ed up Vietnam, we'd probably still be there, too. Also, did you know our troops are still getting killed by rogue Taliban and other terrorists in Afghanistan? Guess that war is unwinnable, too, huh? In fact, it's to our advantage not to fully leave either Iraq or Afghanistan, seeing as how those are both very good locations to launch the War on Terror from.

I seem to remember going into Germany with a few other allies (including the second leading world power USSR). Iraq belongs to us and basically to us alone; we bear the complete burden of "fixing" it. That wasn't the case in WWII.

And to use Vietnam as an example? Is that supposed to make me feel any better? Vietnam was a disgrace; it was probably the most fucked up thing we've done in our history. Please don't use that as an example to console me about Iraq.

And yes, you're correct that there were guerrilla attacks in Germany from the "wolverines" (I think that's what they were called) and in Japan after the war, but once again, we weren't the only occupiers, we weren't the only ones in charge, and most of our military had returned home after the war had ended.

Personally, I don't believe that we've won anything in Iraq. We've tarnished our reputation in front of the rest of the world and we have drained billions upon billions of dollars into this war when we could have spent it in other places. And now, after "Mission Accomplished," I'm going to throw a parade to say thank you for.......for what? For taking my tax dollars? For making most of the world hate us? For making me feel threatened due to false intelligence reports? For protecting my safety in the wrong place? For letting soldiers die in vain? For adopting a country in which we will be stuck for a long time to come and for which my tax dollars will continue to pay?

I'll come to the parade when we have Osama Bin Laden's head on a stick....that's when we should be celebrating; not over this debacle in Iraq.

liberalogic said:
A PARADE?

An organized public procession on a festive or ceremonial occasion.

To recognize the hard work, dedication and sacrifice of our soldiers and their families?!? Why does a parade have to be in recognition of a victory? Why not just a recognition.

You may think it is "gloating" but I believe a parade would honor our troops and their families, and everything they've fought for, lived through and the sacrifice of those who didn't make it.

Typical of a liberal to think it wouldn't be PC to honor our troops for what they have accomplished.

kurtsprincess said:
An organized public procession on a festive or ceremonial occasion.

To recognize the hard work, dedication and sacrifice of our soldiers and their families?!? Why does a parade have to be in recognition of a victory? Why not just a recognition.

You may think it is "gloating" but I believe a parade would honor our troops and their families, and everything they've fought for, lived through and the sacrifice of those who didn't make it.

Typical of a liberal to think it would be wouldn't be PC to honor our troops for what they have accomplished.

I never said anything about being PC...so throw that in the garbage. It's about the principle. In my opinion, too many soldiers have died in vain while fighting for a cause that was distorted and unnecessary. I don't see any reason to throw a parade to honor that.

liberalogic said:
I never said anything about being PC...so throw that in the garbage. It's about the principle. In my opinion, too many soldiers have died in vain while fighting for a cause that was distorted and unnecessary. I don't see any reason to throw a parade to honor that.

Sooooooo, you object to throwing a parade for those who have:

a) Taken and occupied a nation in one of the most volitile regions in the history of the world with minimal casualties.

b) Seen these 2000 comrades die alongside each them, yet continue to re-enlist in order to ensure the freedom of the Iraqis

c) Stuck out their necks to make sure the terrorists are trying to kill them instead of your sorry ass.

d) Freed millions of people who no longer live in fear of being raped, tortured, and gassed on any given day, and not necessarily in that order.

e) Caught the entire 52 card deck of Iraq's most wanted within a year.

f) Took a lot of pressure off Israel by removing the life insurance plan for suicide bombers.

g) Made us a friend in a den of enemies.

You're right, they don't deserve a parade. They deserve a monument and a party...with really awesome pizza.

So typical of you Dems to concentrate entirely on the relatively miniscule casualty rate instead of looking at what good has happened. It cost us nearly 1 million dead and wounded (close to 300k dead) to free the world from Aryan fascism and militant imperialism. How many is it worth to free the world from Islamofascism?

padisha emperor said:
Not sure to have well understand, but if you mean France didn't fight in WWII, let me say to you you're an idiot, an ignorant, and you should read some history books instead of your classical stupid anti-french sites...Just some words about it, you'll find more in books...but strange, for a non fighting country, to resist heroicly against Germans in Dunkirk to allow the english and french troops to escape, to kick Italians in North africa, to resist heroicly against Rommel in Bir Hakeim (1942), to free a lot of cities in Italy, like Rome, to take Monte Cassino, to free alone more than half of France, to be the first allied unit on the Rhine, in Rosenau, to take Berschtesgaden...

USA in WWI ? what a joke ! coming after everybody, when all the jobs has been doing. La Marne has been won by France, Verdun too, La Somme by the English...
I think you disagree with this statement about the US role in WWI. You'ld be right. But it's exactly what you're doing with role of France, not only in WWII, but also in whole History. Even the British acording to say that France has the greatest History of the World. Look at it before bashing me, you'll understand why. And also, why it makes me angry when I read your pieces of shit about subject you totally ignore.
You wouldn't accept the quarter I read from you about your US history...oh, a last thing, you probably like U-571 and Pearl Harbor... first, it's not a US commando who took Enigma, but a british one...perfect example of non-respect of heroes...second, in P-H : the father of Danny could hardly have been in the Trenches of Verdun, because the battle was over, the Frencnh had won, after a 9 monthes battle with 600,000 casualties. But here again, the american spectator would believe that the US army was at Verdun during the Hell...Come on, GI ! why don't say directly that France didn't help and save you in 1781, or that the courageaous US patriots won the 100 Years War in 1453 intead of the French.............................

With a biased vision of History, the memories of the heroes and deads are not respected, and people lie to itself.

Wow, PE...no sense of humor eh?

Thanks for all the compliments...just shows you have no self discipline. My only "compliment" for you is that you are sooooo FRENCH!

As for WW I, if the French and English had already won the war, what were the US troops doing there? Touring the victory monuments? The French liberated Rome and were the first into Germnany??? The French took Monte Casino??? Holy crap, what was the US doing? Sunning themselves on the beaches?

Relax, I was merely having fun (admittedly at your expense!) but I have to tell you that everytime you get on your high horse the French arrogance comes out in a big way. I have news for you...the French do not have the greatest history in the world despite what some British guy says.

Just so ya know who liberated Rome (no it wasn't the French!):

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/brochures/romar/72-20.htm

And Monte Casino:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Monte_Cassino

( to be fair, the Morroccans, who were part of the 4th French Expeditionarry Force did help....)

The French may have been the first on the Rhine, but they weren't the first to cross it in WWII (except as prisoners maybe). As for Berschtesgaden, the only person who ever claimed it was the French that captured it is PE!

In fact, PE has made many of these claims about the French before and they have been debunked right here on this board.

and to use some of PE's own words (modified only slightly) "let me say to you you're an idiot, an ignorant, and you should read some history books instead of your classical stupid anti-USA sites"

Forum List

Back