"i Used To Be A Christian, But Now I Think It Is A Load Of Rubbish."

House Mouse

Sep 1, 2014
I just thought I would share this,,,,simply because it makes sense to me.

"I used to be a Christian, but now I think it is a load of rubbish."
If this statement applies to you, then let me ask you a question: did... you know the Lord?
Now that puts you in a dilemma. Because if you say, "I thought I did", you are saying that you never knew the Lord and were in fact deceived into thinking you knew Him. All that time you were a 'Christian', you were a pretender. You thought you knew the Lord, but you didn't.
If you say, "Yes, I knew the Lord," then the dilemma is that you are admitting that He is real and you are living in rebellion to Him.
What actually happened is that you had a false conversion. Mark chapter four speaks of a false conversion: it talks about the stony ground hearer and the thorny ground hearer. Luke 9:62 says this: "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." You just didn't look back, you went back - proving there was something radically wrong in your heart. And if you are honest, you will have to admit that you didn't truly repent when you gave your life to Christ. You experimentally came and gave your heart to Jesus for some reason.
So why don't you repent and put your faith in Christ for real this time? Make your calling and election sure. Cry out, "God be merciful to me a sinner" (Luke 18:13). Where would you go tonight if you died? Where would you spend eternity? The Bible says, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). Truly repent and make your heart fit for the Kingdom. Then you will put your hand to the plough, and won't look back because you are fit for the Kingdom. ~ Ray Comfort

Speak for yourself, Mouse.

Ut Oh, did this hit a nerve ?? Truth is, I have seen those word here on this forum several times.....and I too went through a time in my life where I went through the motions, but had not actually put all of my faith in Christ....but once I realized what was happening in my life, I fell to my knees and asked for His help, and He did not let me down. He drew me close to him and I confessed my sins, and stepped out of the darkness and into God's light. Now I have real freedom.....

Last edited:
Did you even read the article ??? it really isn't too complicated, and quite brief,

Ok Mouse, let's start over. Are you saying you "lost" your faith, or are you saying you "regained your faith"?

Ok Mouse, let's start over. Are you saying you "lost" your faith, or are you saying you "regained your faith"?

No SJ. this article is a quote from Ray Comfort...which I happen to agree with. The first time I "came to Christ", I wen t through the motions, but still had doubts, and never had repented of my sins......so in reality I was not covered by the blood of Jesus,,,,,

Nothing at all changed in my life, absolutely nothing. UNTIL I finally was at my lowest point and called out to God for help......and He did not et me down. Help arrived literally at my door the next day.....why? because God knew I was earnest and actually wanted Him in my life. I soon was drawn close to Him, and realized that Jesus and Jesus alone could take away those chains that bound me, and the lies Satan constantly whispered in my ear...so I accept Christ as Lord, confessed my sins, publicly professed my faith, and yes, went so far as to be re-baptized, although baptism isn't necessary....

Since I quit lying to myself, and lay down my heavy load before the Lord, and did it with all my heart and soul, my life has been soooo filled with blessings, and my fears have vanished......I would not go back, even for a moment for all the riches of Trump and Gates combined....

So, now SJ, I have now spoken for myself. Have a most blessed day.

The notion of "knowing the Lord" is itself deception.

You have just earned your bitch-slap for the day. :slap:

I agree that knowing the Lord is impossible for those that haven't accepted Him as Lord, but for those of us that HAVE sincerely confessed our sin, and proclaimed Him as Lord, absolutely DO enjoy a relationship with Him. You are welcome to bitch slao me all day, every day, but that won't change the fact that I am a child of the most High God and as such can take all you can toss t me, if I so choose to respond. You too could enjoy such a privilege, and it would cost you nothing at all, but what you would gain is beyond awesome.

No SJ. this article is a quote from Ray Comfort...which I happen to agree with. The first time I "came to Christ", I wen t through the motions, but still had doubts, and never had repented of my sins......so in reality I was not covered by the blood of Jesus,,,,,

Nothing at all changed in my life, absolutely nothing. UNTIL I finally was at my lowest point and called out to God for help......and He did not et me down. Help arrived literally at my door the next day.....why? because God knew I was earnest and actually wanted Him in my life. I soon was drawn close to Him, and realized that Jesus and Jesus alone could take away those chains that bound me, and the lies Satan constantly whispered in my ear...so I accept Christ as Lord, confessed my sins, publicly professed my faith, and yes, went so far as to be re-baptized, although baptism isn't necessary....

Since I quit lying to myself, and lay down my heavy load before the Lord, and did it with all my heart and soul, my life has been soooo filled with blessings, and my fears have vanished......I would not go back, even for a moment for all the riches of Trump and Gates combined....

So, now SJ, I have now spoken for myself. Have a most blessed day.

I'm the flip side of that story. I was raised in a nominally religious household, went to church, believed the Bible told a more or less factual story, and thought the whole God/Jesus story was true. As I got older and started thinking outside of that box (coupled with reading history and learning science), I really started to question the Bible and how Christianity has to be right, but there are so many religions that also claim to be right. I even tried the "many facets of one jewel" argument to try and reconcile all of this together and in time, I just realized all religions are wrong and that the Bible, while having many good lessons and important stories in the Western Tradition, is no more real than stories from other mythologies.

There may be something out there that created the universe, be it a god or energy or something, but Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, are cut from the same cloth as Thor, Ra, and Spiderman.

Mouse, everyone has their own faith journey, and just because yours went one way doesn't mean all the rest of us will have the same experiences.

Mouse, everyone has their own faith journey, and just because yours went one way doesn't mean all the rest of us will have the same experiences.

No two people experience their faith or lack of faith exactly the same way, so Blackrook, I understand that fact perfectly well. I'm not making any attempt at trying to get anyone at all to believe exactly as I do, because even if something I might share brings a person one step closer to Christ, it doesn't mean their walk will be the same. God, in His infinite wisdom made us all the same but so very different. otherwise we would merely be clones, period.

I just thought I would share this,,,,simply because it makes sense to me.

"I used to be a Christian, but now I think it is a load of rubbish."
If this statement applies to you, then let me ask you a question: did... you know the Lord?
Now that puts you in a dilemma. Because if you say, "I thought I did", you are saying that you never knew the Lord and were in fact deceived into thinking you knew Him. All that time you were a 'Christian', you were a pretender. You thought you knew the Lord, but you didn't.
If you say, "Yes, I knew the Lord," then the dilemma is that you are admitting that He is real and you are living in rebellion to Him.
What actually happened is that you had a false conversion. Mark chapter four speaks of a false conversion: it talks about the stony ground hearer and the thorny ground hearer. Luke 9:62 says this: "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." You just didn't look back, you went back - proving there was something radically wrong in your heart. And if you are honest, you will have to admit that you didn't truly repent when you gave your life to Christ. You experimentally came and gave your heart to Jesus for some reason.
So why don't you repent and put your faith in Christ for real this time? Make your calling and election sure. Cry out, "God be merciful to me a sinner" (Luke 18:13). Where would you go tonight if you died? Where would you spend eternity? The Bible says, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). Truly repent and make your heart fit for the Kingdom. Then you will put your hand to the plough, and won't look back because you are fit for the Kingdom. ~ Ray Comfort

It is a load of shit. Yesterday I was watching a show on penguins. When a female penguin's baby dies, it seeks out another baby to adopt. While mom's out looking for food they try to kidnap the baby and the females sometimes crush the baby fighting over it.

That got me thinking about the woman who went and kidnapped a baby from the hospital or the couple who cut the baby out of the pregnant woman's stomach and killed her and raise the baby as their own.

Are those people "evil" for doing what they did? I would think so, but then I saw how maternal those penguins were being and it dawned on me. That couple isn't evil and neither are those female penguin wanna be moms. They are just animals. WE are just animals. We happened to be smart enough to imagine up god(s) but unfortunately at the same time dumb enough to believe the fairy tales.

The human's might have been sick in the head, but "evil"? As in, the devil? I don't think so. Unless the devil was in the penguin too?

Forum List

Back