Is There A Way That Women Are Supposed To Dress According To The Abrahamic Religions?

Mr. Ofo Oao

Sep 19, 2014
Please contribute your knowledge of the way that women are supposed to dress according to the Abrahamic religions...

Please contribute your knowledge of the way that women are supposed to dress according to the Abrahamic religions...

Modestly sums it up for Judaism and Christianity. Christianity goes into some additional detail in think Timothy somewhere. Something about like "women shouldn't dress in gold and pearls."

There's a Jewish tradition if not commandment Christianity copied for married women at least wearing a hair cover once married, like how Amish should let their beards grow out once married. It's not an all the time thing, only once married.

It is cultural, not religious. Each Muslim culture has a different way of interpreting the idea in the Koran that women should dress, essentially, modestly.

Many Muslim scholars have invented extreme rules for women's dress which are not found in the Quran. Some say that women should be totally covered except for her face, while others who are even more extreme, say that all women must be covered from head to toe except for two holes for the eyes to see!
1-There are no words anywhere in the Quran which command women to cover all their bodies. Those who preach such un-Quranic rules cannot find words in the Quran to justify this extremity, so they manipulate various words in 24:31 and 33:59 to justify the falsehood.

Don't you know how to Google? Quran-Islam.org - True Islam

Last edited:
Woman covered their heads because fallen angels were attracted to their hair.
Those fallen angels have been chained for our protection. Wear what ever you want, within reason. (Harry!)
Having worn scratchy slips, and patent leather shoes that caused blisters, and creepy white cotton gloves, every Sunday growing up, I wear jeans to church now, and God blesses me.

We are not under the Law. God's concern is your heart, not your hat.

I keep my woman in fig leaves and animal skins. If it was good enough for Eve, it's good enough for her.

I also refrained from giving my daughters names. Only my sons are important enough to warrant names.

Each Muslim culture has a different way of interpreting the idea in the Koran that women should dress, essentially, modestly.

Many Muslim scholars have invented extreme rules for women's dress which are not found in the Quran. Some say that women should be totally covered except for her face, while others who are even more extreme, say that all women must be covered from head to toe except for two holes for the eyes to see!
1-There are no words anywhere in the Quran which command women to cover all their bodies. Those who preach such un-Quranic rules cannot find words in the Quran to justify this extremity, so they manipulate various words in 24:31 and 33:59 to justify the falsehood.

Don't you know how to Google? Quran-Islam.org - True Islam

Everything on the internet is not true, so I thought that I would ask around.

Peace,
Ofo

For Catholics....For women...wear a hat in church...for men, have $10 in your wallet.

Here is the definition for "modest" (see 1 Timothy 2:9) @ Modest - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary :

"of clothing : not showing too much of a person's body."

I think that Nuns who dress like this dress APPROPRIATELY for Christians:

b8069_FourNuns.jpeg

Peace,
Ofo

Forum List

Back