I took my delightful daughter to see "Tangled"

Sep 12, 2008
It was my first experience with a 3D movie. We had a great time.

Since this is Disney, the Bowdlerized the hell out of it. But on balance, I think they did a good job of making a more interesting story. Rapunzeel is a smart, fun, kind of bad ass heroine. They did a very good job of re inventing the back story, and the tower became a bit of an adult bonus with all the vines and the general shape of the thing.

A really fun bit of storytelling. A really incredible melt your heart moment with the paper lanterns, and fun characters.

You will really do yourself and your daughter a big favor by going.

Since this is Disney, the Bowdlerized the hell out of it. But on balance, I think they did a good job of making a more interesting story. Rapunzeel is a smart, fun, kind of bad ass heroine. They did a very good job of re inventing the back story, and the tower became a bit of an adult bonus with all the vines and the general shape of the thing.

A really fun bit of storytelling. A really incredible melt your heart moment with the paper lanterns, and fun characters.

HMMMMMM.....I might go see it by myself if Rapunzeel is climbing the phallus in 3-D.:redface:

I love holiday movies, I'm in! We'll see it probably over Christmas break.....or sooner if possible...

You watch things like "Pink elephants on Parade" and "Be Our Guest" and you realize that Disney must have a huge bill for LSD and Marijuana.

I think this is just a movie you can have fun with on so many levels.

Of course, the last third has a plot hole so big you just have to check your brain at the door to get past, but who cares about logic anyway? We just had some really good fun

Glad you both had a great time. :)

I brough The Girl (8), with her strawberry-blonde hair and blue eyes to see Tangled in 3-D.

$21.00

Then bought her and me these "Dippers"...DECADENT greasy pieces of bite-sized bread that come with melted cheese so that while eating in a dark theatre.....well, I digress. We shared a Slurpee

$13.00

Then we went out for dinner, Chinese, her favorite, unless its Italian, her other favorite.

$20.00

Total for date night = $54.00

:eusa_think:

Possibly the best investment I've ever made.

Forum List

Back