I thought gubmint coming between you and your Doctor was a bad thing

apparently you dont understand how the law works. once you set a legal precedent anyone can use that precedent to make an argument for restricting what a doctor can ask his patient. what comes next? not being able ask if you were abused if your a minor and parent isnt in the room? :cuckoo:

Typical liberal fear mongering, let's use the kids to enforce a ridiculous point. And I do understand how the law works, if it is not covered in the constitution it falls on the states to make the law, precedent be damned.

actually you do not understand how the law works. if this stands as law, then the florida government can then legislate exactly what you can and cant talk about with your doctor. they could make it illegal to talk about abortion, they could make it illegal for a doctor to ask questions to a child who looks physically abused by their parents without that parent present. this opens up a can of worms.

you are incorrectly arguing the point about this being a federal government issue. the fed is not involved at all in this case, it is only a florida law, but has huge ramifications about how far the government as a whole can intervene in a doctors conversation with his/her patient.

Why would a doctor need to know how many guns you have? This is a progressive plant in the system if I ever seen one.

Typical liberal fear mongering, let's use the kids to enforce a ridiculous point. And I do understand how the law works, if it is not covered in the constitution it falls on the states to make the law, precedent be damned.

actually you do not understand how the law works. if this stands as law, then the florida government can then legislate exactly what you can and cant talk about with your doctor. they could make it illegal to talk about abortion, they could make it illegal for a doctor to ask questions to a child who looks physically abused by their parents without that parent present. this opens up a can of worms.

you are incorrectly arguing the point about this being a federal government issue. the fed is not involved at all in this case, it is only a florida law, but has huge ramifications about how far the government as a whole can intervene in a doctors conversation with his/her patient.

Why would a doctor need to know how many guns you have? This is a progressive plant in the system if I ever seen one.

it states the all they asked was "if" they owned guns, not what type and how many. again doctors were concerned that that they asked about guns to ensure that parents keep them safely locked up and away from children. not to report illegal or legal gun ownership

I didn't realize that Doctors were now tasked with enforcing Gun Control regulations

* rolls eyes *

I am not sure about the origins of the need for this law. Is gun violence so out of control in Florida that doctors ask every patient they see whether they own a gun or not? Were flocks of doctors flying around malls pestering people regarding their gun ownership? I don't get it.
Well, if my doctor asks me if I own a gun (and I am there for a routine checkup, not a gun shot wound) I'll ask him if he owns a dildo. I think it's only fair.
Cause it's really nunya.
;)

What in the hell is it a doctor's business whether or not a patient owns a gun?

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

It would matter if the question was should doctors ask about guns, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the state coming between the doctor and the patient

The State has every right to tell doctors they can not ask their patients a question that frankly has absolutely NOTHING to do with Treating them.

As far as your second claim, unless you can find a link that shows what you are claiming is even real, Not sure why we should even address it.

it states the all they asked was "if" they owned guns, not what type and how many. again doctors were concerned that that they asked about guns to ensure that parents keep them safely locked up and away from children. not to report illegal or legal gun ownership

I dont need a doctor to ensure that I keep my guns away from my kids. It's over reaching and ridiculous.

because it sets a legal precedent that the government can restrict the conversation a doctor has with his patient. it should not matter the topic, it should not be regulated.

Exactly. Something like this could get out of control real fast. Funny to see conservatives rush to defend it just because it involves guns.

This law was a complete waste of time. If your doctor tries to ask you if you have guns you can just tell them to shut up and go check your pee or something.

We are defending it because doctors do not have the right to question a patient on anything outside of why the patient is there to begin with.

You're right, they don't have the right to, so you can just tell them to shut up. You don't need a law for this.

Un-bold your lame-ass posts and shut the fuck up.

There's a search function on this site. learn how to use it.
The law is passed and signed. Has been for some time now.

You have no say in the matter.
Don't like it? Stay the hell out of my state.

I'm just in no mood for idiots today.

I like bold and my posts will stay bold. If you don't like it that's just too damn bad

Jesus Christ you can sure tell you're a stupid con. I'm not supposed to have any opinion on this and yet at the same time you think you can dictate how I post?

Exactly. Something like this could get out of control real fast. Funny to see conservatives rush to defend it just because it involves guns.

This law was a complete waste of time. If your doctor tries to ask you if you have guns you can just tell them to shut up and go check your pee or something.

We are defending it because doctors do not have the right to question a patient on anything outside of why the patient is there to begin with.

doctors have the right to ask the question, but you also have the right to choose to not answer. there was never anything in any current law that stated you had to answer.

here is what the lawsuit the doctors filed was based on.

"physicians groups — most notably, pediatricians — have continued to fight it, saying that they ask about guns to ensure that parents keep them safely locked up and away from children.
We dont need a puke for a doctor explaining safe gun ownsership, safe gun ownership is self explanatory. If I show up for a colonoscopy, the last thing I wish to talk with the doctor about is gun ownership, it's none of his fucken business, and I would tell the lousy fuck that.
"By severely restricting such speech and the ability of physicians to practice such preventative medicine, the Florida statute could result in grievous harm to children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly," according to the lawsuit, filed Monday in federal court in Miami.
Has nothing to do with free speech, it has everything to do with the left cloaking a communist policy inside the 1st amendment.
"Given that Florida has some of the highest violent-crimes rates in the nation, some of the weakest gun laws, and a gun-death rate higher than the national average, Gov. Rick Scott and the legislators cowed by the gun lobby should know better than to support any measure that makes Floridians more vulnerable to guns," said Brady Center president Paul Helmke.
More communist propaganda. Since this law was inacted in 2005, Homicides have dropped in Florida, not increased.
About Florida Self-Defense Laws | eHow.com

Doctor gun law Florida: Doctors sue Florida Governor Rick Scott over bill banning them from asking about guns - Orlando Sentinel

I call bullshit, all the way around, the communists of the 50's and 60's swore that communism would be brought to American shores wrapped in the American flag, and I see this as being just that. No doctor can explain to me that he knows more about guns or guns safety then I do, I am a federal law officer for one, and I was also an infantryman in the army trained in explosives and close quarters combat, having served one combat tour in the Balkans in the late 90's. I know better then the doc does, he can kiss my ass.

You're right, they don't have the right to, so you can just tell them to shut up. You don't need a law for this.
We also dont need one requiring them to ask either, do we?

What in the hell is it a doctor's business whether or not a patient owns a gun?

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

It would matter if the question was should doctors ask about guns, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the state coming between the doctor and the patient

If a doctor asked me if I had any guns I would show him the one I carry. and then go tell him to fuck hisself.

It's not that I think my doctor has any right to ask about my gun ownership--he doesn't. Still, if I am about to get a colonscopy, I'd think of a more polite way to answer the question than "It's none of your fucking business!"
I don't know, maybe it's just me.

How is preventing an irrelevant question, which really shouldnt be legislated on, come between the dr and patient?

You answered your own question

"shouldn't be legislated on"

No. I didn't answer my own question. How does preventing this question from being asked inhibit the Doctor Patient relationship?
This is probably the stupidest law in long time.

The legislation, HB 155 – was signed into law this month by Florida Gov. Rick Scott. Lane Wright, Scott's press secretary, defended the bill. "I think that last part is what some people miss—'if the information is not relevant to the patient's medical care or safety, or the safety of others,'" Wright said in an email to HealthLeaders Media. "The law ensures respect for a patient's right to own or possess a firearm and protects them from potential discrimination and harassment in cases where it is not relevant to the patient's medical care or safety, or the safety of anyone else in the home."

No doctor is going ask a patient if he owns a gun unless there is some issue of safety. Besides the patient doesn't have to answer anyway. A really dumb law

FL Primary Care Docs Battle ’Gun Gag’ Law

It's not that I think my doctor has any right to ask about my gun ownership--he doesn't. Still, if I am about to get a colonscopy, I'd think of a more polite way to answer the question than "It's none of your fucking business!"
I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I would not go to a doctor who asked me that shit to begin with, so I would not have to worry about my ass being fondled by some turd like that.

I dont agree with the doctor asking if you own one, nor do I agree with any politician trying to make law that says they have to. If I where a Floridian I would vote accordingly in the next two elections, because apparently this needs to be done.
These progressives are getting bold, but they only do it around those who do not have the balls to ram it back down their throats, time to show them who has the balls dont you think Florida?
You dont see shit like this happening in Texas do you? Or West Virginia. ALthough WV is a Blue state it is a Conservative state and always votes conservative nationally. If only I could convince some of these people to vote conservative locally we'd be alright. Somehow I feel after this new energy legislation kicks in and these coal powered power plants start shutting down they will get the point though and vote correctly on their own.

New law in Florida passed by a Republican legislature and signed by a Republican Governor prohibits Doctors from asking their patients if they have guns

Some other Republican state, I forget which one, has a script about abortion that the law dictates Doctors read to their patients
Gotta love that small government, huh?

Forum List

Back