I think this goes in this forum

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
How the extinction of ice age mammals may have forced us to invent civilisation

I want to point out, in the head line, 2 points of interest- the word "may"- indicates there could be questions about the authors POV and/or sources- and, the word "invent"- that usually means something was discovered though accident or trial and error trying to find something or prove something else-

As usual the comments are really interesting-

I want to point out, in the head line, 2 points of interest- the word "may"- indicates there could be questions about the authors POV and/or sources- and, the word "invent"- that usually means something was discovered though accident or trial and error trying to find something or prove something else-

I've always wondered the same thing. This article gives a reasonable possibility for why.
Thanks!

Interesting take. I never gave it much thought, concentrating on advancements and achievements instead of why they might have been forced.

Neanderthals were hunkered down in caves until the climate moderated. The biggest fear of ancient humans was another ice age and they celebrated at the time on Dec. 21 when the Sun started it's return to the Northern Hemisphere. Today the world is upside down and a pleasant climate is cause for political unrest and extortion.

Forum List

Back