I think the Muslim religion sucks, but this...

is getting a little bit stupid.

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Barack Obama, on the altar at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, has appeared in synagogues this campaign but no mosques.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/u...2800&en=2188136bb97e5775&ei=5087 &oref=slogin

Ellison stated that he believe the 9/11 truther theories. Screw the guy!

The translation of my koran is from the King Fahd Complex for the printing of the holy koran under the supervision of the ministry of islamic affairs.

I would not trust any other translation to be accurate.

is getting a little bit stupid.

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Barack Obama, on the altar at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, has appeared in synagogues this campaign but no mosques.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/u...2800&en=2188136bb97e5775&ei=5087 &oref=slogin

Obama is letting himself be defined by his enemies when he does stupid stuff like this. :(
Who are Obama's enemies in which he is being defined by ? Do Tell..... Please

If enough Americans are stupid enough to be convinced that Obama is a Moslem, then he's in trouble.

OTOH, if enough Americans are that stupid to allow themselves to be manipulated by the Republican dirty tricks teams, then this nation is in serious trouble anyway.

I find it sad that he uses religion like this. People that already think he's a muslim aren't going to change their minds, so what's the point?
Why sad, he is a politician isn't he ? Do you know any politician who doesn't do these sorts of things ? Why do people think that Obama is any different than any other politician (what maybe because he is black ?), where as do blacks expect him to walk a tight rope of perfectness and righteousness upon their behalfs, and this all because of this factor within him maybe ? Hmmm I know, maybe he is being bad when he gravitates towards his white side, and he corrects himself when gravitates back to his black side, is that it ? LOL

Everytime Bill Clinton got into trouble, and he had to hide from "the man", you could find him swaying back and forth in a black church, and surrounding himself with blackness, in hopes that "the man" couldn't get to him when he did this sort of thing.....(((LOL))) I have heard many blacks bring this point up about old Billyboy, and his ties to the black church in this way, where as they weren't fooled by it either, so talk about usery! There is no end to it with these politicians, whether it's Clinton or a Barack and etc. they all will do what they think they have to in order to get that big ole prize at the end (another 4 years) or (no impeachement while serving their 4 years)..LOL

Last edited:
The Chicago Jewish News: Obama and the Jews

Since then, Mikva's support for and nurturance of the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee has never wavered. He is one of many influential Chicago Jews who have been among Obama's earliest and most ardent backers.
abnermikva.gif

One longtime Jewish observer of the political scene, who did not want to be identified, said admiringly that "Jews made him. Wherever you look, there is a Jewish presence."

arnoldjacobwolf.gif

Rabbi Arnold Jacob Wolf, rabbi emeritus of KAM Isaiah Israel Congregation and a legendary Hyde Park liberal, is Obama's neighbor and longtime supporter. When Obama was running for the state Senate, Wolf held a fund-raiser for him and told him that "some day you will be the vice president of the United States. He said, why vice president, then he laughed. But we were all thinking this guy isn't going to stay in the state Senate."

lestercrown.gif

Another longtime Chicago supporter, philanthropist, community leader and member of one of Chicago's Jewish royal families, Lester Crown, has known Obama since his first days in Chicago, when Minow called Crown and "said we have in our office a young man who I think is really going places, and I'd like you to meet him." Crown has been a supporter ever since; his son James heads Obama's Illinois financial campaign.

bettylusaltzman.gif

The other is a largely behind-the-scenes champion who has been there since the beginning of Obama's political career and played a quietly crucial - perhaps the most crucial - role in it. She is Bettylu Saltzman, a longtime liberal activist whose father, Philip Klutznick, was a legendary Chicago developer, Jewish leader and statesman who served as secretary of commerce in the Carter administration and played a leading role in the development of the State of Israel.

Forum List

Back