'Fruitcake' Obama under fire from Christian right leader

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
June 24, 2008

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Powerful Christian conservative leader James Dobson berated Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama Tuesday for a "fruitcake" view of the US constitution and for distorting Biblical teaching.

Hitting back at Obama's courting of evangelical voters, Dobson highlighted a speech two years ago to religious leaders in which the Democrat said he could not outlaw abortion based on his own Christian beliefs.

"That is a fruitcake interpretation of the constitution," Dobson said on a radio show aired by his Focus on the Family group.

"This is why we have elections, to support what we believe, to be wise and moral. We don't have to go to the lowest common denominator of morality which is what he is suggesting," he said.

"Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political arena to his bloody notion of what is right with regard to the lives of tiny babies?"

Dobson also hit out at Obama's oft-stated mention of Old Testament passages that call for the stoning of homosexuals, to illustrate his point that the Bible is not always helpful to political discourse.

"That kind of commentary drives me crazy," Dobson said. "He is dragging Biblical understanding through the gutter."

AFP: 'Fruitcake' Obama under fire from Christian right leader

Dobson is the latest flavour of thumper jackass. he's a protestant pope wannabe riding the wave of fame strait to hell. fuck him. Let him start throwing out the details of HIS interpretations and see how long that toilet paper boat floats on the shit filled seas.

Forum List

Back