I think the Muslim religion sucks, but this...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
is getting a little bit stupid.

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Barack Obama, on the altar at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, has appeared in synagogues this campaign but no mosques.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/u...2800&en=2188136bb97e5775&ei=5087 &oref=slogin

is getting a little bit stupid.

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Barack Obama, on the altar at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, has appeared in synagogues this campaign but no mosques.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/u...2800&en=2188136bb97e5775&ei=5087 &oref=slogin

Obama is letting himself be defined by his enemies when he does stupid stuff like this. :(

as if the thread title doesn't belay the reason for why obama has to sink to doing crap like this.

:clap2:

something sure is a little stupid.

:rofl:

Image1.jpg

Love the new avatar doe eyes! But I hope you go back to Tom Baker once the election is over.

If enough Americans are stupid enough to be convinced that Obama is a Moslem, then he's in trouble.

OTOH, if enough Americans are that stupid to allow themselves to be manipulated by the Republican dirty tricks teams, then this nation is in serious trouble anyway.

If enough Americans are stupid enough to be convinced that Obama is a Moslem, then he's in trouble.

OTOH, if enough Americans are that stupid to allow themselves to be manipulated by the Republican dirty tricks teams, then this nation is in serious trouble anyway.

I find it sad that he uses religion like this. People that already think he's a muslim aren't going to change their minds, so what's the point?

as if the thread title doesn't belay the reason for why obama has to sink to doing crap like this.

:clap2:

something sure is a little stupid.

You LIKE the muslim religion? Why? As far as I can tell they preach for the destruction of the west and treat women worse than rats. Maybe if they'd throw out the Koran, denounce the serial child abuser Mobombed and get back to their roots...I dunno...I don't see much to like.

How was any of what was related in this NY Times article, Republican dirty tricks? Get a life.

It is related in that Obama refused to seat those scarf wearing Moslems precisely because the Republican mudslinging squads are attempting to portray him as a closet Moslem.

I would have made myself more clear on that point, but I mistakenly assumed that everyone here was intelligent enough to connect those obvious dots, dear.

I have a life, thank you very much.

What's more I apparently also have a brain to make my life somewhat more understandable than you do.

Not you fault, of course.

I'm sure god must have gifted you with some other quality to make up for your other shortcomings.

Can you cook?

Last edited:
It is related in that Obama refused to seat those scarf wearing Moslems precisely because the Republican mudslinging squads are attempting to portray him as a closet Moslem.

I would have made myself more clear on that point, but I mistakenly assumed that everyone here was intelligent enough to connect those obvious dots, dear.

What's more I apparently also have a brain to make my life somewhat more understandable than you do.

I'm sure god must have gifted you with some other quality to make up for your other shortcomings.

Can you cook?

Nothing like an elitist Progressive to set the record straight, eh? You are saying that Obama is a coward. Brilliant.

Can you cook?

Yes, I can cook and have a degree in sociology from University of Chicago. I have a couple others, end of discussion on intelligence.

So, Obama is reacting to the Republican jerks on his chain? By dissing those that would support him? Perhaps one would do better to question this law review Harvard grad?

Yes, I can cook and have a degree in sociology from University of Chicago. I have a couple others, end of discussion on intelligence.

So, Obama is reacting to the Republican jerks on his chain? By dissing those that would support him? Perhaps one would do better to question this law review Harvard grad?

Glad to hear it, K. Cooking is such a valuable skill for a female.

:cuckoo:

You LIKE the muslim religion? Why? As far as I can tell they preach for the destruction of the west and treat women worse than rats. Maybe if they'd throw out the Koran, denounce the serial child abuser Mobombed and get back to their roots...I dunno...I don't see much to like.

good grief. most religions suck. especially buddhism (course i only say that cause buddha would approve).

do you see the irony in griping bout the muslim religion in particular and then turning around and criticizing obama for being politically savvy enough to relize hello that the swift boaters would of course have a field day with it.

he's not running for martyr. the idea is to get elected.

plus while yes, ravi there are those who have already decided that obama is satan...there are still others who haven't made up their mind or might be persuaded...right?

good grief. most religions suck. especially buddhism (course i only say that cause buddha would approve).

do you see the irony in griping bout the muslim religion in particular and then turning around and criticizing obama for being politically savvy enough to relize hello that the swift boaters would of course have a field day with it.

he's not running for martyr. the idea is to get elected.

plus while yes, ravi there are those who have already decided that obama is satan...there are still others who haven't made up their mind or might be persuaded...right?

Am I persuading you? I don't mean too, really.

IMO, even though most religions suck, you don't treat Americans badly or avoid them because they believe something you don't believe. It makes him look small and cowardly, frankly.

Forum List

Back