I think the Muslim religion sucks, but this...

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Ravi, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,765
    is getting a little bit stupid.

As Senator Barack Obama courted voters in Iowa last December, Representative Keith Ellison, the country’s first Muslim congressman, stepped forward eagerly to help.

Barack Obama, on the altar at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, has appeared in synagogues this campaign but no mosques.

Mr. Ellison believed that Mr. Obama’s message of unity resonated deeply with American Muslims. He volunteered to speak on Mr. Obama’s behalf at a mosque in Cedar Rapids, one of the nation’s oldest Muslim enclaves. But before the rally could take place, aides to Mr. Obama asked Mr. Ellison to cancel the trip because it might stir controversy. Another aide appeared at Mr. Ellison’s Washington office to explain.

“I will never forget the quote,” Mr. Ellison said, leaning forward in his chair as he recalled the aide’s words. “He said, ‘We have a very tightly wrapped message.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/24/u...2800&en=2188136bb97e5775&ei=5087 &oref=slogin

2. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    Obama is letting himself be defined by his enemies when he does stupid stuff like this. :(

3. doeton

doeton Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    as if the thread title doesn't belay the reason for why obama has to sink to doing crap like this.

:clap2:

something sure is a little stupid.

4. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,719
    :rofl:

[​IMG]

Love the new avatar doe eyes! But I hope you go back to Tom Baker once the election is over.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    If enough Americans are stupid enough to be convinced that Obama is a Moslem, then he's in trouble.

OTOH, if enough Americans are that stupid to allow themselves to be manipulated by the Republican dirty tricks teams, then this nation is in serious trouble anyway.

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,765
    I find it sad that he uses religion like this. People that already think he's a muslim aren't going to change their minds, so what's the point?

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,765
    You LIKE the muslim religion? Why? As far as I can tell they preach for the destruction of the west and treat women worse than rats. Maybe if they'd throw out the Koran, denounce the serial child abuser Mobombed and get back to their roots...I dunno...I don't see much to like.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How was any of what was related in this NY Times article, Republican dirty tricks? Get a life.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    It is related in that Obama refused to seat those scarf wearing Moslems precisely because the Republican mudslinging squads are attempting to portray him as a closet Moslem.

I would have made myself more clear on that point, but I mistakenly assumed that everyone here was intelligent enough to connect those obvious dots, dear.

I have a life, thank you very much.

What's more I apparently also have a brain to make my life somewhat more understandable than you do.

Not you fault, of course.

I'm sure god must have gifted you with some other quality to make up for your other shortcomings.

Can you cook?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,765
    Nothing like an elitist Progressive to set the record straight, eh? You are saying that Obama is a coward. Brilliant.