I think some games like Manhunt should be banned

Originally posted by Director of FIA
Of course Manhunt should be banned. So should Grand Theft Auto "games" and Ethnic Cleansing (a "game" in which the player assumes the role of a KKK person or skinhead) and goes around killing African-Americans, Latinos, and Jews. In fact I think all "games" that promote killing should be banned. "Games" that promote killing are nothing more than poison. They desensitize players and condition them to like killing and to be violent. An example is the board"game" BattleTech - the makers of that game condition players to be violent - BattleTech is a sci-fi war"game". The "designers" of it brag how they're "violent people".
You want to ban certian games, yet call for the repeal of trademark, copyright and patent laws, so you can repackage them yourself to sell. Amazing!

Of course Manhunt should be banned. So should Grand Theft Auto "games" and Ethnic Cleansing (a "game" in which the player assumes the role of a KKK person or skinhead) and goes around killing African-Americans, Latinos, and Jews. In fact I think all "games" that promote killing should be banned. "Games" that promote killing are nothing more than poison. They desensitize players and condition them to like killing and to be violent. An example is the board"game" BattleTech - the makers of that game condition players to be violent - BattleTech is a sci-fi war"game". The "designers" of it brag how they're "violent people".

Did anyone ever "tell" you that you "use" quotation marks way too "much"?

Obviously, this Ethnic Cleansing game should be banned, but for reasons entirely separate from the violence. There's also the argument of whether these games actually promote violent behavior by teaching people to kill, or actually quelch violent behavior by providing a safe outlet for violent tendencies. I can only speak for myself, but I can say that I enjoy some violent games immensely, though I have never enjoyed a game solely for its violence. That said, murder makes me sick and just about any form of real-life violence is really sickening to me. A couple years ago, a bird ran into my car and killed itself and I couldn't sleep for a week. Millions of people enjoy video games, and how many have become murderers as a result (which can be questioned as well)? We've gone too far when we let the mentally unstable of the population decide what we are allowed to watch or play.

Originally posted by Director of FIA

What a piece of work.

Why, exactly, should violent games be banned? Because you don't like them? Because you think they're EEEEEEEE-VIL?

Again, many of us on this board play such games. We have yet to be "desensitized" to killing. I personally am still hooked on Delta Force, where I have killed scores, if not hundreds, of CPU-generated terrorists and other such people. It still hasn't gotten me to kill someone in real life.
As far as kids go, parents should take a more active role in monitoring what their kids play. I do like the new game rating system, though.

We first lived Gig Harbor

Hey, Jeff, I've been to Gig Harbor, that's right across from Bremerton. A bunch of us docked the boat in the harbor and walked up to town & down the boardwalk & had the best Shrimp Fettuchini I've ever had there!

The USS Abraham Lincoln was in dry dock being refitted when we were there, her deck was almost completely removed & there was what looked like an Intruder sitting on a little section of deck. The battleship Missouri was sitting out front. 'Mighty Mo' is truly an awe inspiring sight. Then there were about 80 old submarines all tied together, waiting to be scrapped... it was really a cool day.

As for Fluteplayer and FIA.... blaming cartoons, movies, video games, music, etc., for anti-social behavior is bullshit.

Own up to your actions instead of making excuses and teach your children to do the same. With any luck, they'll know that taking a flamethrower to a Cadillac is a No No.

We don't need legislation, we need parents than can raise a kid with the basic social skills & common sense of a halfway bright chimp.

Originally posted by NightTrain
Hey, Jeff, I've been to Gig Harbor, that's right across from Bremerton. A bunch of us docked the boat in the harbor and walked up to town & down the boardwalk & had the best Shrimp Fettuchini I've ever had there!

The USS Abraham Lincoln was in dry dock being refitted when we were there, her deck was almost completely removed & there was what looked like an Intruder sitting on a little section of deck. The battleship Missouri was sitting out front. 'Mighty Mo' is truly an awe inspiring sight. Then there were about 80 old submarines all tied together, waiting to be scrapped... it was really a cool day.

Too cool NT! My family and I love to go to the Tides tavern down there on the waterfront. Don't know if you've ever been across the Narrows bridge, that goes from Gig Harbor to Tacoma, but they are building a second bridge that should be open in a couple of years.

Originally posted by NightTrain
As for Fluteplayer and FIA.... blaming cartoons, movies, video games, music, etc., for anti-social behavior is bullshit.

Own up to your actions instead of making excuses and teach your children to do the same. With any luck, they'll know that taking a flamethrower to a Cadillac is a No No.

We don't need legislation, we need parents than can raise a kid with the basic social skills & common sense of a halfway bright chimp.

Well said NT!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, JA.

Yeah, Jeff, I've driven across the Tacoma Narrows bridge.. it was pretty cool driving across the bridge that is so famous from the prior one that collapsed in the windstorm. My kids thought that was the coolest, they knew what bridge it was because at the time those commercials were being played on TV for that Pioneer system with the bridge rockin-n-rollin.

I have a friend that has a house on Hood Canal, right across the water from Bill Gate's golf resort maybe about 30 miles from the bridge. I forget the name of that little town he lives a few miles from, it's just a tiny little thing. It's really cool to go down and visit him, we stroll down the beach nabbing those oysters... man are those good!

Really a beautiful part of the country, too bad it rains so damn much there.

Nah, I like Bill Hicks myself. Sometimes his stuff was more just true than funny, but a lot of his stuff was great.

I enjoy Prison movies. Have never been to prison, and don't intend to go...
But, I am tempted to emulate the riotous conditions or scenes, in my mind, placing myself in a position of leadership, where we prisoners win over the STATE! Of course, we are all some shade of insane, or we wouldn't be there!

But, is that a good reason to ban Prisons, or movies of them? DOH!

Yes, and ban Ladders, bathtubs, smokes, and cars as they are the leading causes of death!

We have already witnessed the entire and complete failure of the 'war on drugs'.
You cannot legislate morality.

When you outlaw guns, only outlaws will possess them! Look to the U.K. crime stats that shot up over 400% after citizens were disarmed! Check out Washington D.C. where guns are NOT allowed, for the huge number of gunshot victims there!

Compare to the free states where concealed weapons are encouraged! Per capita crime is of insignifigant value in those states where the citizens are armed!

but i just played this game and beat it. and to tell the truth...it was is a fucked up game....lol

personally i think the game could have been put together a little better. i mean its a good game with a twisted concept, it jsut seemed kind of cheesy in parts.

yoll have to excuse me know as i must go kill someone and put it on video

:splat: :splat:

Ya know, I am old... well, late middle aged, (57). I think that we have way too many weirdo
straight folks in our society, who are paranoid, or else are control freaks.

I live by the view that a person's fist must stop before invading another person's personal space, as defined by the nose, belly, etc. So, everyone should be allowed to do that which promotes "life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness', which pretty much negates morality laws, blue laws, and sin laws... example?

You couldn't tow a boat through Orlando Florida, on a Sunday, until 1960 repeal of that law...

you still cannot buy a beer in Orange County Florida, until after noon on a Sunday!

Most persons convicted in the War on Drugs (which was lost long ago!) spend over twice the 2.5 years in prison (the average time spent in jail for convicted murderers in the United States, but, the actual stat is only one murderer is convicted for every 1,000 murders!). So, in a victimless crime of drug possession, you can get 5.8 years in prison. For a murder, if you are ever apprehended, you will probably be out on probation after 2.5 years!

http://ttokarnak.home.att.net/YoHoHo.html

So, how about a game, where you murder folks, until caught, and then, using the actual criminal prosecution stats, go throught the 'system'? Sort of a Grand Theft AutoIV, with Criminal Intent to screw the system?! Extra points if you kill police, lawyers, the Prosecuting Attorny, or judges!

I am not suggesting that someone should create this game, I am predicting that someone WILL make this game, and cause a mild bit of media paranoia, before dying out...

are you alright? i was talking about manhunt... not whatever tangent you went off too....

Are you implying that you actually understood him? Then, mister, you're a better man than I!

Allow me to welcome Florida to the board in his own language...

"Incarnate don't prestige, por sausage in the cart! Pencil looks as wasting drawer! Boooop, zaaang, ahjsjdfopqijwevopnqweoirhnwpoieopvihewgf!

Is it madness? Or, is Manhunt a tease of the things to come in gaming?

In all art forms, we tend to stretch the fabric of dis-belief.

Anyway, I am about to undergo an extraction of #15, which is just beneath my left Occipital

Lobe, so we will see how that affects my coherency. Lift-off is at 07:50 EDT.

News at 10, films at 11!

The game which I dreamt last eve, was on the Orinoco River, where you battle timber poachers

in the Rain Forest, who try to kill anyone who gets in their way. If they capture you, it is Piranha

Time... and, that is the copyrighted name I will label it... :arabia:

Forum List

Back