I think some games like Manhunt should be banned

I was thinking whilst in the dentist's chair...with three lovely and mature women, all nurses, flitting about, ready to apply the supreme pressure necessary to HOLD ME DOWN during
the extraction... would a better name be Piranha FOOD?

Thankfully, I used my supreme powers of mental diversion to NOT see all the beautiful fleshy...
Oops, that one goes over in the ADULT section... Anyway, mild soreness of the relatively painless extraction of a tooth gone bad is over and the swelling is abating, so, now,
perhaps work can commence on the game...

What do you all think about getting MORE points for arresting the poachers, bandits, and renegades, rather than killing them? I think I am able to suspect your answers here...

Another QuakeIII, GTAIII, or murderous rampage would be fun, right? :p:

Yeah, mayhem sells games... no need to coddle the criminals, is there?

premise: you get caught, they feed you to the Piranha. They get caught, what can we do to them? Full dental work without pain killers? The problem that I have with most of the killer games is that when you shoot them, the body falls, and they are out of the contest. What about the truely dedicated perp, who tries to keep fighting? comments welcome...

how about different levels of the game...
such as game warden, conservation officer, police officer, extreme tree hugger and so on.

Like Doom, DoomII, Quake, et cetera!

levels, more terrors, folks to rescue, interact with...

Huge problem with my animation... gotta get my top animator going on the scenes!

Starts with background photos... getting hard to fine any virgin rainforest after all the logging everywhere!

SA, ASIA, Africa, Indian Sub-continent... all are being stripped, and the indigineous people killed, dislocated, their cultures and knowledge wiped out!
:cool:

Originally posted by FloridaSage1

SA, ASIA, Africa, Indian Sub-continent... all are being stripped, and the indigineous people killed, dislocated, their cultures and knowledge wiped out!
:cool:
now make it sound like a bad thing...lol

hey i love violent video games. I loved GTA3 and GTAVC. I love my war games and my Unreal Tournament. But manhunt is the sickest fucking game ive ever seen.

I cant bring myself to play it.

i grew up in the 80's watching horror flicks and playing atari,coleco vision,etc..i also played dungeons and dragons and listened to hard rock.i did not use drugs and i never killed anyone.i had a shotgun in my room, as well as most of my friends had rifles and shotguns.nobody ever got shot,there were no columbines.one of my favorite games is resident evil as well as grand theft auto:vice city.i build airplanes and make about 40,000 a year.all the "this" or "that" is causing people to act violent is nonsense.bad parenting,low self esteem,social class,genetics,and intelligence level i believe are the most important factors-but some people are just not right.

Games are games music is music. Ideas that people get from these things are just that ideas. They won't make you do anything. You want a nonviolent game get Harvest Moon for the gamecube or gameboy advance it is an awesome game.

How about a game where you burn virgin rainforests.

More points for indiginous tribes and endangered species.

Snipers standing at the edge to shoot any who run out screaming with their heads on fire.

popefumanchu said:
How about a game where you burn virgin rainforests.

More points for indiginous tribes and endangered species.

Snipers standing at the edge to shoot any who run out screaming with their heads on fire.

:rotflmao:

Too funny! I would probably play this one!

DKSuddeth said:
welcome to the boards fluteplayer.

I've been playing video games for half of my life, violent ones even, and I've not killed anyone yet. This is a crock of a reason to excuse inappropriate behavior and attempt to avoid responsibility for your own actions.

---wife mode OFF---
---poster mode ON---

OK, so YOU havent KILLED anyone yet. thats a poor analogy and you know it - if someone else had given that type of an answer you're fingers would be flying on your keyboard so quickly that you'd short something out. Also, to be honest, I really was expecting a better arguement than that from you after I read the initial post.

You havent killed a person yet but I can think of more than one game that nearly caused you to lost ALOT.

Also, (and I feel this is a valid question) I want someone to please explain to me the entertainment value of desensitzing a person and teaching them to kill. There are other games that do not support such a negative energetic. Whats the point? Why even create it? And why in the world would an adult want to purchase that, given what it is? I dont get it. Im glad I dont.

---poster mode OFF---
---wife mode ON---

KLSuddeth said:
---wife mode OFF---
---poster mode ON---

OK, so YOU havent KILLED anyone yet. thats a poor analogy and you know it - if someone else had given that type of an answer you're fingers would be flying on your keyboard so quickly that you'd short something out. Also, to be honest, I really was expecting a better arguement than that from you after I read the initial post.

You havent killed a person yet but I can think of more than one game that nearly caused you to lost ALOT.

Also, (and I feel this is a valid question) I want someone to please explain to me the entertainment value of desensitzing a person and teaching them to kill. There are other games that do not support such a negative energetic. Whats the point? Why even create it? And why in the world would an adult want to purchase that, given what it is? I dont get it. Im glad I dont.

---poster mode OFF---
---wife mode ON---

Eh, I use some of these games as a stress release. If I'm mad at my job or teacher or something, I go on a virtual GTA3 rampage, blow some stuff up, cap a few people, and then I feel better. Parents are to blame for this stuff because some people either have a loose grasp on reality or are too young to be seeing stuff like that. However, If you're over 18 and you can legally take care of yourself, go for it, and if you kill someone, it's not the game's fault, it's yours.

Hobbit said:
Eh, I use some of these games as a stress release. If I'm mad at my job or teacher or something, I go on a virtual GTA3 rampage, blow some stuff up, cap a few people, and then I feel better. Parents are to blame for this stuff because some people either have a loose grasp on reality or are too young to be seeing stuff like that. However, If you're over 18 and you can legally take care of yourself, go for it, and if you kill someone, it's not the game's fault, it's yours.

so, are you blaming the game, the parents, or the situation that klebold and harris dealt with as bullied individuals for taking bombs and guns to school and killing a dozen people before killing themselves?

DKSuddeth said:
so, are you blaming the game, the parents, or the situation that klebold and harris dealt with as bullied individuals for taking bombs and guns to school and killing a dozen people before killing themselves?

---wife mode still on---

Damn dude, youre sounding a little 'out there' even for you....what gives?

btw, I noticed that you didnt even TOUCH my post.

DKSuddeth said:

The parents, mainly, althought I can't recall the case right off hand, so it could have been the situation (which can usually be improved by parents). I can't think of anything that would make me blame the game.

Hobbit said:
The parents, mainly, althought I can't recall the case right off hand, so it could have been the situation (which can usually be improved by parents). I can't think of anything that would make me blame the game.

Well, the parents ARE to blame. So many dont even know what their kids are doing these days and thats just inexcusably wrong.

Im not saying I blame the game per se, HOWEVER I just dont see what the point is in having those types of 'games'. I really dont. I mean, I get stressed and if my only way to relieve that is to pretend Im hurting someone, then Id rather just take it out on my husband :whip: :whip3:

Seriously, there is just something wrong (in my opinion, that is) with relieving stress by offing 'people' in a game.
Also, Ive never understood the allure for a grown man to spend 12+ hours a DAY on a damned game. I dont get it. That time would be better spent doing other things.....(yes dk that was for you from your EverCrack days)

Seriously, there is just something wrong (in my opinion, that is) with relieving stress by offing 'people' in a game.
Also, Ive never understood the allure for a grown man to spend 12+ hours a DAY on a damned game. I dont get it. That time would be better spent doing other things.....(yes dk that was for you from your EverCrack days)

Eh, offing 'people' in a game can be quite satisfying, as long as you're sane enough to remember that it's a game. Manhunt is one I won't play, since it seems pretty sick to me. If you don't understand, then you don't understand, but trust me, it's good therapy for some people (I'd rather they go on a virtual shooting spree than a real one).

As for spending 12+ hours a DAY on a game, that's sad. People who do this either have nothing better to do or think they have nothing better to do. Either way, they need help.

Forum List

Back