windows media 9 player again.

G

gone fission

Hi everyone.I am still at a loss on how to get sound on my media 9 player on my limited and guest accounts.Doesn't anyone out there have ANY ideas on what I could try?The player is shown as working but I get no sound of any kind.

it most certainly sounds like a permissions issue. does your media player play cd's on the other accounts? does it play sounds from webpages? give a bit more info as to what sounds will and will not play and what their source is.

Hi again,I don't get any sounds at all on my other two accounts but my admin account makes plenty of noise when I get mail,open pages etc.I have gone to everywhere on my computer that I know to go and nothing is being shown as "off" or "mute" so I'm really at a loss here.
Thanx for any help.It's appreciated.

ok, heres some specific information I need

what operating system? by the accounts info it sounds like win2k or winxp.

are the non admin accounts standard windows groups also? or are they custom built permissions you have done yourself?

Hi dk,
My system is xp home and I used the options provided by that system to set up a limited and a guest account.there has to be somewhere in there where I can go to turn something on so I can get sounds but I don't know where.
I have gone to the microsoft mvp help site and posted this problem with them about a week ago andd haven't gotten a single reply yet.

This is very frustrating.

gone fission

I'm not an XP expert so I'm not sure how it delineates the users and groups. As a general rule though, even a basic user should have enough permissions to at least be able to hear a cd play when put in the drive. Have you made any custom changes to the security settings on the C drive at all?

Forum List

Back