I think my bank was just robbed.

I thought you said that more guns make the city safe. So what happened to Chicago?

So by electing republican mayor will make any difference? Or he/she will distribute more guns? Or start selling guns again in Chicago?

1. Chicago has the strictest gun control laws.....on top of that, they have implemented anti police policies, failed to hire more cops ( although they have finally gotten around to hiring more) and after Ferguson, the police are backing off confronting people...which have reduced arrest rates and reduced the fear of criminals of being stopped carrying an illegal gun.....add to that the weak sentencing laws, which allow repeat, violent gun offenders back on the streets with less than 3 years served, and add to that the gangs controlling too many aldermen....and that is why chicago has the murder numbers higher than both New York and L.A. combined...even though they have the same gun laws.

And concealed carry is new to Chicago...and the democrats have undermined it by keeping gun stores and shooting ranges out of the city...

2. so the poor people in Chicago, who really need access to guns, can't get guns for self defense.....

Those are the problems with Chicago..

1. Read my post #50.

2. Really? I mean REALLY? Chicago is flooded with guns that you can buy them anywhere. So made you think those poor people cannot get a guns for self defense? Maybe they cannot afford to buy a gun because they are poor and don't have money but it's dumb excuse to use that as your defense to spread your propaganda.

Bottom line what should the democrats do in order to keep the Chicago safe?

Moron....law abiding poor people are not going to get illegal guns....the gangs get illegal guns.......if a poor person wants a legal gun it costs money.....for the FOID card, and then they have to travel outside of the city first to buy the gun...then again to pick up the gun.....and that is only to own it...to actually carry it takes 16 hours of training, moron....outside of the city because Chicago doesn't have gun stores...and it costs the fee for the classes plus the fees for the permit.....so for the poor who are, you know...poor, it is a financial burden...and if they have to take public transportation then it takes massive amounts of time to get their 16 hours outside of the city.

The democrats need to hire more police......about 2,000, they are short that many. They need to pass longer sentences for gun criminals, especially repeat gun offenders, offenders the Police Commishioner says go through a revolving door when they get arrested....

Exactly what I just said.
You dumbly assumed that all people are law abiding citizens.
You stupidly assumed that all gun owners are responsible and law abiding citizens.

So flooding the streets with guns is the only and only way to solve your problems. So you make more money. Right?

No.....you keep lying about what I believe and say.

We have laws that put non law abiding gun owners in jail.....we have laws that put criminals who use guns in jail......moron.

Flooding the streets...no, moron.....allowing normal, law abiding people to defend themselves with guns is one part of the solution...voting democrats out of office is another big part of the solution........using government money to actually pay for police man power and resources is another huge factor to lowering the crime rate...addressing the epidemic of single, teenage girls who are having multiple children with multiple males is another part...moron.....

How would I make more money....? Moron.

Gun manufacturers make billions every year. So I will not be surprised if you are not being paid by NRA spreading your propaganda here.
Flooding the streets? Chicago is flooded with guns. Idiot.

I am always curious where you guys get the "Always scared" from. Putting on a pistol for self defense takes about as much emotion as putting on your cell phone. I have a pretty good idea that where I live I won't be a victim of crime....so there is even less chance of walking around in fear......

The only people who constantly talk about fear...is you and the other anti gunners...you are afraid of criminals with guns...but you are more afraid of normal people carrying guns for self defense....it is an obsession with you guys.....you can feel the fear in your posts whenever you talk about normal people carrying guns.....it radiates through the computer...

Wrong again dude. Your goal and only goal is to flood this country with more guns. You dumbly assumed that more guns means more peace. You stupidly assumed that all gun owners are responsible and law abiding citizens.

Chicago proved you very wrong. Yes Chicago has very strict gun control but criminals buy them from other states. That is not an excuse. If all states and cities will follow the same and close the loopholes a gun shows then we should have not have these problems or better control.
Keep trying.

Moron......Chicago has the same gun laws as New York and L.A.......and, moron, the gangs in New York and L.A. can get guns from out of state too...moron...but Chicago has more gun murders than both of them combined........it isn't the guns...moron.....

And more peaceful? As more Americans bought and actually carried more guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%....our gun crime rate went down 79%......our violent crime rate went down 72%.......there is nothing about the gun issue in this country that you understand or get right...the actual facts, the truth and reality show you are wrong about everything.....you aren't even close......

Wrong again. This is the problem with idiots like you. You posted a lot of lies in other threads about Obama and Trump.
So why the hell should anyone believe you with your lunatic fantasy about guns?

Correct they buy guns from other states and from gun shows loopholes. So why not apply the same restrictions across board?
Your lunatic and delusional beliefs is more guns more peaceful. Chicago proved you 100% wrong.

Moron....I told you why Chicago is more violent...it isn't because normal people own and carry guns.......it is democrat policies that have understaffed the police, cut their resources, cut their manpower, and the low sentences they give to repeat, violent gun offenders, and the number of democrat politicians under the control of the gangs......none of that has anything to do with normal people owning and carrying guns...

And this statement...shows you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to guns in the United States...

Your lunatic and delusional beliefs is more guns more peaceful.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Concealed carry permit number....
New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

Do you expect me to open your links? I don't want to waste my time with your propaganda.

Let me repeat it again and tattooed it in your tiny dick. Your goal and only goal is to flood the streets of entire America with guns so you make more money.
The streets of Chicago is flooded with guns because of dumb fuck like you. Chicago proved you wrong no matter how you flip your tiny dick. Sorry they call you Dick Tiny.

You don't have to open links.....dumb ass.......I listed the relevant data about Chicago and Houston which shows you have no clue what you are talking about....

You claimed Chicago has more gun violence because their gangs get guns from out of state, I showed you Houston, in Texas, with easier access to guns and lots and lots of guns stores has less gun murder than Chicago.....the Texas gangs don't even have to leave Houston to get guns, dumb ass....and Texas is on the border with the narco state of Mexico.....

So nothing you say about Chicago and gun violence is even remotely true or accurate....not even a little bit.

And because I demonstrated with facts, and the truth, your only recourse is to call me a liar.....

Lame ass.....

And again...you keep saying I will make money off of guns...how is that?

1. Chicago has the strictest gun control laws.....on top of that, they have implemented anti police policies, failed to hire more cops ( although they have finally gotten around to hiring more) and after Ferguson, the police are backing off confronting people...which have reduced arrest rates and reduced the fear of criminals of being stopped carrying an illegal gun.....add to that the weak sentencing laws, which allow repeat, violent gun offenders back on the streets with less than 3 years served, and add to that the gangs controlling too many aldermen....and that is why chicago has the murder numbers higher than both New York and L.A. combined...even though they have the same gun laws.

And concealed carry is new to Chicago...and the democrats have undermined it by keeping gun stores and shooting ranges out of the city...

2. so the poor people in Chicago, who really need access to guns, can't get guns for self defense.....

1. Read my post #50.

2. Really? I mean REALLY? Chicago is flooded with guns that you can buy them anywhere. So made you think those poor people cannot get a guns for self defense? Maybe they cannot afford to buy a gun because they are poor and don't have money but it's dumb excuse to use that as your defense to spread your propaganda.

Moron....law abiding poor people are not going to get illegal guns....the gangs get illegal guns.......if a poor person wants a legal gun it costs money.....for the FOID card, and then they have to travel outside of the city first to buy the gun...then again to pick up the gun.....and that is only to own it...to actually carry it takes 16 hours of training, moron....outside of the city because Chicago doesn't have gun stores...and it costs the fee for the classes plus the fees for the permit.....so for the poor who are, you know...poor, it is a financial burden...and if they have to take public transportation then it takes massive amounts of time to get their 16 hours outside of the city.

The democrats need to hire more police......about 2,000, they are short that many. They need to pass longer sentences for gun criminals, especially repeat gun offenders, offenders the Police Commishioner says go through a revolving door when they get arrested....

You stupidly assumed that all gun owners are responsible and law abiding citizens.

So flooding the streets with guns is the only and only way to solve your problems. So you make more money. Right?

We have laws that put non law abiding gun owners in jail.....we have laws that put criminals who use guns in jail......moron.

Flooding the streets...no, moron.....allowing normal, law abiding people to defend themselves with guns is one part of the solution...voting democrats out of office is another big part of the solution........using government money to actually pay for police man power and resources is another huge factor to lowering the crime rate...addressing the epidemic of single, teenage girls who are having multiple children with multiple males is another part...moron.....

Gun manufacturers make billions every year. So I will not be surprised if you are not being paid by NRA spreading your propaganda here.

And yet Houston, with actual gun stores in the City of Houston, in the state of Texas with open and cocealed carry laws and thousands of gun stores....more than Illinios......has less gun murder than Chicago.....showing you have no clue about anything relating to guns......

And as I keep showing you morons....as more Americans buy and carry guns...our gun crime rates have gone down, not up......showing that you have no idea what you are talking about...you are making things up and talking out of your ass....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
New Study: Over 16.3 million concealed handgun permits, last year saw the largest increase ever in number of permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

actual study...

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2017 by John R. Lott :: SSRN

1. Read my post #50.

Car makers make much more....and cars kill more people than guns.....do you work for a car maker?

Is this the same bank you came on this board whining wouldn't let you in carrying a gun? :rofl:

Member that trainwreck? Good times.

No, this bank let's people carry guns...asswipe.

Think maybe that's why they got robbed? Duh?

By the way we don't need to know what you're doing while you post. Flush that shit.

Yeah.....because if they had put up a no guns allowed sign that would have kept the guy from robbing them......are you really that stupid, or do you just pretend to be that stupid when you post?

Which one of us is stupid enough to walk into a New York bank with a piece, act surprised that he can't do that, and then run to USMB to whine about it and transmit his own dumbfuckery to the entire world?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." (Twain)
He lives in NY? Holy shit.

No, I don't live in New York...pogo is wrong...again......

This is the thing......if I had been about 15 minutes earlier, I would have been in the bank. This is what anti gunners just can't get through their thick heads......you wake up in the morning with no thought that this is the day you might be raped, robbed, beaten or murdered......you never know, you can't know.....and they would rather that the victims get raped, robbed or murdered, than to stop those attacks with a gun...that is their position, a position they never defend and always run from.

Because it never happens. Usually, gun or not, the criminal has the element of surprise on the victim. And if you are desperate enough to commit a crime like that, you aren't going to be intimidated by some fat white guy nervously shaking a gun.
Very true. Best way for a nervous white guy to get himself shot that I've heard of in a long time.

I was going to do some banking and a cop car comes tearing up behind my car. I pulled over and then continued on my way. Sadly, as I near my bank, the squad pulls into the parking lot.....and as I get closer, there are several other squads in the lot right next door....and there is a cop pulling out yellow crime scene tape......

I will keep you updated...
So did it end up being a robbery or a false alarm?

Thanks for asking.

It was an actual robbery, the guy apparently didn't use a weapon of any kind...I will see the tellers today, and I will ask them how it went down, if they can talk...

The funny thing is...the guys photo is plain as day.....he didn't use a mask...so I wonder if he has been caught already or if he is still walking around....
Life is all about timing. Fifteen minutes sooner and you could have saved the day. Especially since he was unarmed. Would you have shot him, since he was unarmed?

This is the thing......if I had been about 15 minutes earlier, I would have been in the bank. This is what anti gunners just can't get through their thick heads......you wake up in the morning with no thought that this is the day you might be raped, robbed, beaten or murdered......you never know, you can't know.....and they would rather that the victims get raped, robbed or murdered, than to stop those attacks with a gun...that is their position, a position they never defend and always run from.

Because it never happens. Usually, gun or not, the criminal has the element of surprise on the victim. And if you are desperate enough to commit a crime like that, you aren't going to be intimidated by some fat white guy nervously shaking a gun.
Very true. Best way for a nervous white guy to get himself shot that I've heard of in a long time.

Joe doesn't know what he is talking about.....actual research shows he is clueless.....according to the Department of Justice, Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year for self defense....most of the time the criminal runs away.......and research into actual self defense stories reported in the news....shows that criminals are disarmed by victims far more than victims are disarmed by criminals...

Here.....try this...

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/WP-Tough-Targets.pdf

Since the survey data has severe limita- tions with respect to defensive gun uses, collecting accounts of self-defense as they are reported in news outlets may be a better method of assessing the frequency and na- ture of self-defense with firearms. The data set supporting this paper is derived from a collection of news stories published between October 2003 and November 2011.12[/QUOTE]

There is a selection bias problem with the method of gathering news stories. Many defensive gun uses never make the news. Sometimes that is because the person us- ing a gun in self-defense saw no need to call the police—he or she scared off the bad guy. In some cases, the victim might not want to explain to the police that he has a gun, perhaps because he is a felon, or perhaps because he lives in a jurisdiction with very restrictive gun control laws. Sometimes the police do get called, but the officers do not find the circumstances sufficiently impor- tant to issue a press release. After all, “Man Scares away Burglar, No Shots Fired” is not particularly newsworthy, unless you live in a very small town.

-----

“A Criminal Will Just Take the Gun Away from You”

For a very long time, gun control proponents would insist that having a gun was a mistake, because many people (especially women) would not be willing to shoot a person who was attacking them—and the criminal would then take away the victim’s gun and use it on the victim.
Oddly enough, while the authors have recorded a large number of incidents where someone has their gun taken away from them, it is usually the other way around.

In 227 incidents, a criminal’s gun was taken away from him by the victim.

This does not necessarily mean that the victim shot the criminal, but it does mean that the victim successfully disarmed the criminal and then threatened the criminal with it in order to make him leave, or make him remain on the scene until the police could arrive.

Often, these were situations where the victim, at the start of the attack, did not have a gun.

On May 14, 2010, police arrested Major Lee Barnes, 19. Barnes is alleged to have first solicited an act of prostitution from a woman, and when she declined, he threatened her with a handgun, ordering her to, as the newspaper described it, “get on her knees and perform a sex act on him.” Barnes apparently put the handgun back in his pocket, “put his arms back in an apparent relaxed gesture,” at which point the victim grabbed the handgun, and shot him.55 On March 13, 2010, three men, at least one of them masked, walked into a store in Romulus, Michigan, and attempted to rob it at gunpoint. A customer walked into the store, saw what was going on, and “successfully fought the gunman for control of the weapon and fired two rounds,” killing the gunman. The other suspects left, having failed to rob the store—short at least one handgun

I was going to do some banking and a cop car comes tearing up behind my car. I pulled over and then continued on my way. Sadly, as I near my bank, the squad pulls into the parking lot.....and as I get closer, there are several other squads in the lot right next door....and there is a cop pulling out yellow crime scene tape......

I will keep you updated...
So did it end up being a robbery or a false alarm?

Thanks for asking.

It was an actual robbery, the guy apparently didn't use a weapon of any kind...I will see the tellers today, and I will ask them how it went down, if they can talk...

The funny thing is...the guys photo is plain as day.....he didn't use a mask...so I wonder if he has been caught already or if he is still walking around....
Life is all about timing. Fifteen minutes sooner and you could have saved the day. Especially since he was unarmed. Would you have shot him, since he was unarmed?

I talked to one of the tellers on Saturday, he did have a gun.

If I had been in the bank it is likely I wouldn't have known what was happening....and even if I did, I wouldn't have stopped him. As long as all he did was take the money and leave, there is no reason to do anything, he is a police problem.

Wrong again dude. Your goal and only goal is to flood this country with more guns. You dumbly assumed that more guns means more peace. You stupidly assumed that all gun owners are responsible and law abiding citizens.

Chicago proved you very wrong. Yes Chicago has very strict gun control but criminals buy them from other states. That is not an excuse. If all states and cities will follow the same and close the loopholes a gun shows then we should have not have these problems or better control.
Keep trying.

Moron......Chicago has the same gun laws as New York and L.A.......and, moron, the gangs in New York and L.A. can get guns from out of state too...moron...but Chicago has more gun murders than both of them combined........it isn't the guns...moron.....

And more peaceful? As more Americans bought and actually carried more guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%....our gun crime rate went down 79%......our violent crime rate went down 72%.......there is nothing about the gun issue in this country that you understand or get right...the actual facts, the truth and reality show you are wrong about everything.....you aren't even close......

Wrong again. This is the problem with idiots like you. You posted a lot of lies in other threads about Obama and Trump.

Correct they buy guns from other states and from gun shows loopholes. So why not apply the same restrictions across board?
Your lunatic and delusional beliefs is more guns more peaceful. Chicago proved you 100% wrong.

Moron....I told you why Chicago is more violent...it isn't because normal people own and carry guns.......it is democrat policies that have understaffed the police, cut their resources, cut their manpower, and the low sentences they give to repeat, violent gun offenders, and the number of democrat politicians under the control of the gangs......none of that has anything to do with normal people owning and carrying guns...

And this statement...shows you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to guns in the United States...

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

Do you expect me to open your links? I don't want to waste my time with your propaganda.

Let me repeat it again and tattooed it in your tiny dick. Your goal and only goal is to flood the streets of entire America with guns so you make more money.
The streets of Chicago is flooded with guns because of dumb fuck like you. Chicago proved you wrong no matter how you flip your tiny dick. Sorry they call you Dick Tiny.

You don't have to open links.....dumb ass.......I listed the relevant data about Chicago and Houston which shows you have no clue what you are talking about....

You claimed Chicago has more gun violence because their gangs get guns from out of state, I showed you Houston, in Texas, with easier access to guns and lots and lots of guns stores has less gun murder than Chicago.....the Texas gangs don't even have to leave Houston to get guns, dumb ass....and Texas is on the border with the narco state of Mexico.....

So nothing you say about Chicago and gun violence is even remotely true or accurate....not even a little bit.

And because I demonstrated with facts, and the truth, your only recourse is to call me a liar.....

Lame ass.....

Again. This is the problem with moron like you. You posted a lot of lies about Tump and Obama. So how the hell do we know you are telling us any kind of honesty?

Your version or comparison about Chicago vs Houston is pure lunatic. Why not compare Chicago vs Key Biscayne or Palm Spring? Will that make you feel better?

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

Lame ass.....

Again. This is the problem with moron like you. You posted a lot of lies about Tump and Obama. So how the hell do we know you are telling us any kind of honesty?

Your version or comparison about Chicago vs Houston is pure lunatic. Why not compare Chicago vs Key Biscayne or Palm Spring? Will that make you feel better?

They have close population levels, and different gun laws...moron. Chicago has tighter gun laws, no gun stores or gun ranges.....Houston has better gun laws, lots of gun stores, lots of gun ranges...and Chicago has 2.5 times the number of gun murders than Houston.....Houston is on the border with a Narco state as well.

So your point that Chicago gangs get their guns from out of state....holds no water...since the gangs in Houston.....and the drug gangs who come in from Mexico.....don't even have to leave Houston if they want guns......

So your whole argument is wrong.

Then you make the comment that guns don't make us safer....and I show you the Pew information that shows you are wrong....

So your response? Call me a liar.

Typical of an anti gunner, when the facts, the truth and the reality show you have no argument....just yell, "Liar."

-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

actual study...

Lame ass.....

On top of that....New York and L.A. are both bigger than Chicago...and have the same gun control laws......they also have access to out of state guns...the same as Chicago, but New York is closer to Vermont.....they have almost 0 gun control laws.........

And yet Chicago has more gun murders than NY and L.A. combined........

Here are the populations of the 4 biggest cities.....New York, L.A., Chicago and Houston......Chicago has more gun murders than the other three.......and Houston has guns...lots of them......

List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back