I think I may have a home here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2017
Hello there,
Soon as I saw that you have something called a "clean debate zone" I knew this might be a place for me to hang out. I've joined the other three or four well known forums, you folks can probably guess the names, and it always runs the same course, I'll find a few decent people to talk to, and then one or two longtime trolls will destroy it, followed by a one or two dozen, then the board's toast unless you enjoy that sort of thing.
I don't.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, but I think I'll just lurk for a while and read some of the threads first without saying much. Who knows, maybe I'll even run into some old friends from other forums.

I'm a semi-retired (against my will) camera op who still gets to do some editing, and I'm a huge fan of Leon Russell.

Cheers, and thanks for having me.
JeffHSonycase2.jpg

Hello there,
Soon as I saw that you have something called a "clean debate zone" I knew this might be a place for me to hang out. I've joined the other three or four well known forums, you folks can probably guess the names, and it always runs the same course, I'll find a few decent people to talk to, and then one or two longtime trolls will destroy it, followed by a one or two dozen, then the board's toast unless you enjoy that sort of thing.
I don't.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, but I think I'll just lurk for a while and read some of the threads first without saying much. Who knows, maybe I'll even run into some old friends from other forums.

I'm a semi-retired (against my will) camera op who still gets to do some editing, and I'm a huge fan of Leon Russell.

View attachment 159984
Hi Checkerboard Strangler
Welcome and thanks for joining us here! This board is whatever you make of it. By engaging in meaningful discussion with thoughtful content, you will naturally attract more of the same. There are deep thoughtful people on both left and right sides of the spectrum , so I hope you enjoy sharing with a broad range of diversity that collects here.

As for trolls and flaming, there's a special section just for that to keep it off the serious threads. I'm glad the mods and admin provide for that do everyone can enjoy their brand or level of free speech, as long as it stays in the designated threads for that!

If you find certain ppl you want to follow, focus on, or invite to reply to your posts or threads, you can use @ to page a user name, or use PM or create a group .

I hope you enjoy sharing on here and gain valuable insights and friendships. I look forward to reading your contributions especially if you're good at CDZ. There are some pretty sharp ppl here who would could use more company like you to make the most of these avenues offered. Whatever you post, more people will do the same. So thanks for being here and adding your input and influence to the mix. Enjoy!

Yours truly, Emily

Hello there,
I don't.

View attachment 159984
Most excellent :clap:

Hello there,
I don't.

View attachment 159984
:welcome:

And we call it the kiddie zone.

Well, the only decent person we have here is Marion Morrison, and we're pretty sure he's never visited the Clean Debate Zone.

:eek:

Now, you know there's a lot of good posters here. Yourself, waltky included.

And I posted in the CDZ just this very AM! :funnyface:

I get there every now and then. What I've found is that the more real people are elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Where partisanship isn't that big of a deal. You better get your thick skin on, though.

Last edited:
Well, the only decent person we have here is Marion Morrison, and we're pretty sure he's never visited the Clean Debate Zone.

I get there every now and then. What I've found is that the more real people are elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Where partisanship isn't that big of a deal. You better get your thick skin on, though.

What "real" people are you referring to?

What "real" people are you referring to?

Why you, my deary, of course! :coffee:

Hello there,
I don't.

View attachment 159984

There are tons of trolls here and very few rules and yes, people are allowed to troll you here. Yes, apparently, a lot of people actually DO enjoy that sort of thing. Cutting down others makes them feel better about themselves. They have to do it in order to gain the acceptance of their scumbag peers. You have to be able to handle those trolls to post here or you may has well go back to where you came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back