I Think Dad Is Dumb

Discussion in 'Media' started by WillowTree, Feb 10, 2012.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    don't you?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. nitroz

nitroz INDEPENDENTly ruthless

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    you mean the hick who thinks he's a tech genius by looking at his daughter's facebook and then shooting it?

Yeah, he's a bad parent.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    :lol:

4. nitroz

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU]Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen. - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, punishing your kid because they need to vent their anger is bad parenting. For her, she's going through the stresses of growing up, puberty, taking on bigger and more responsibilities, while managing her current ring of responsibilities. People need to vent. It's life.
    Even the highest trained doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and other medical personnel will tell you that.

It's true that you shouldn't coddle your kids, but you shouldn't make them "earn their keep" and treat them as a burden to YOUR life. When you had kids, you accepted the responsibility of parenting until the child legally turns 18, so ACT like a responsible parent!
    If she is making good grades and not getting into trouble with drugs, sex, and violence. Then he should leave her be. Some household chores would be nice, but you will need to add incentives along with that.

There is also the discussion of intimidating your kids with WEAPONS! What kind of messed up fuck job does that!??? You are just teaching her that intimidation, violence, and bullying others is okay.

If you are going to treat her like an "adult", then you need to give her the legal entitlements that an adult will get. (Kids don't have property rights because they would legally be able to sue their parents up the ass so hard that they will be wheelchair bound for the rest of their life and thrown in the slammer with the possibility of being convicted with a felony. parents need the right to do their job)

I hope she puts his ass in a retirement home that will abuse him while shooting all of his possessions and then making him pay for the stuff that SHE DESTROYED!
    I would have done the same.

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Without knowing to what extent the young girl's bratiness reaches - it is difficult to blame this man for what he has done here.
    In one way - he's brilliant. His daughter engaged in outrageous behavior in public, insulting her parents with foul language for all to see. In other words, she made a complete ass of herself. In this respect, the father offers an equally embarrassing post to her...for everyone to see.
    In another way - he is not so brilliant. It is likely some whiney ass feel-good "i know what is right and you don't" people will investigate his home. Wouldn't surprise me if child services gets their big nose involved.
    For that, and only for that, the gun wasn't so smart. It is bound to upset some folks who will blow it waay out of proportion.

6. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,517
    Interestingly enough, since the economy tanked in 2007, there has been a rise in child abuse since then.

7. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492

If you're trying to lure me in to making comments about family...then FUCK YOU!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    And to the answer the OP...no. I think he did what he thought he had to to reach his daughter. Does the guy come off as a bit on the rough side and probably doesn't do such a great job of listening to his daughter? Maybe. We don't know.
    He might be a world class jerk...on the other hand...his daughter might be a world class spoilt brat.

9. nitroz

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Well, yeah. I do believe parents need to stand up to their kids. But take away some things while making as little noise as possible. Not humiliate your kid, shoot their laptop, and then make them pay for it because the dumbass destroyed it himself.

And she shouldn't be in trouble for ranting. For the pottymouth language? Yes, some punishment should be done. But it's not something severely punishable. Take the comp away for 1 day per naughty word. Problem solved. (and occasionally let something fly with warning)

10. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    You didn't listen to the guy obviously.
    He stated he repeatedly tried to tell her....he warned her before, she did it again, he punished her, she did it again....after you have a child you will hopefully understand the necessity of progressed punishment.
    When my daughter was about 12 or so....she made a comment about how she doesn't have what some other kids have - so to teach her a lesson I removed every item out of her room...everything, including her bed. I kept it for a whole week despite my wife trying to get me to relent.
    She never complained again, and a couple years ago she told me that what I did really got her to appreciate what she had. (she is now 21)