I Suggest You Go To Iran, and LEARN

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I have been there and will go again. The Iranian people LOVE Americans. They hate gwb and his idiotic claims and ambitions on them. Go there and feel the warmth of their sincerity.

But there have been stories in the news about iranian students REBELLING against that authority, haven't there?

Why do we ignore things like that when looking to demonize an entire population?

I have been there and will go again. The Iranian people LOVE Americans. They hate gwb and his idiotic claims and ambitions on them. Go there and feel the warmth of their sincerity.

LOL! All the issues are because of GW? Right Psycho. :rolleyes: Shah, 444 days, etc.

:neutral:

What a load of BS. Iranians do NOT love Americans. I can smell what you're trying to sell from here ....

they will probably like us a whole ot less if we are caught up in a proxy war with them. Seems to me that at least SOME of them love western ideals enough to make their voices heard. I'd say that's worth more than bombing them back into blind hatred.

Well except that the people don't run the government, the Mullahs do.

But the people there have been some of the most influential people in recent history to have personally organized changing their country's system through activism and protest, ALL BY THEMSELVES. I think that was what Psycho was getting at.

LOL! All the issues are because of GW? Right Psycho. :rolleyes: Shah, 444 days, etc.

Here, I don't see where Psycho was inferring that Iranians blame the problems they dislike about their country on Bush. He was merely saying that right now, they don't like Bush, instead of allowing people here in the states to somehow think Bush ought to come and "rescue" them from their problems, through a possible military regime change, maybe. Who knows. Anyway, Kath, you took that out of context. That's what I'm getting at.

:neutral:

What a load of BS. Iranians do NOT love Americans.

Gunny I love ya and all, but you really ought to at least throw us a bone on that one, and post a link or something. Don't you think?

they will probably like us a whole ot less if we are caught up in a proxy war with them. Seems to me that at least SOME of them love western ideals enough to make their voices heard. I'd say that's worth more than bombing them back into blind hatred.

Not sure where the option of bombing them came from. Whether or not Iranians embrace western idealism is conjecture. Seems some politicians assumed that about Iraq.

As RGS pointed out, the people don't control Iran's military, nor Iran's media, nor Iran's government. If they want something other than what they have, then THEY need to make a change.

Not sure where the option of bombing them came from. Whether or not Iranians embrace western idealism is conjecture. Seems some politicians assumed that about Iraq.

As RGS pointed out, the people don't control Iran's military, nor Iran's media, nor Iran's government. If they want something other than what they have, then THEY need to make a change.

I remember a while back, maybe even BEFORE Bush, I don't remember, where I would hear ideas of using our covert ops abilities, and helping to force an uprising of the people of Iran. That country is RIPE for that right now. It could be done. All you need is a leader that the people will listen to, with the ideas they want to hear. That potential leader would have to keep the people FEARLESS. The fear of the people is want holds them back. Always has historically.

But I don't hear that nowadays. I only hear about penalties, and possible war. YES Gunny, WAR. It's been mentioned by many of the top names in the administration that a military intervention of some sort is not off the table. You and I both know even the smallest of interventions is going to ignite war. Can the administration really be ignorant to that?

You have to look past the whole "maybe they do, maybe they dont" nuclear issue. We can't just always so quick to be so tough all the time. We should think about working SMARTER, not harder.

I remember a while back, maybe even BEFORE Bush, I don't remember, where I would hear ideas of using our covert ops abilities, and helping to force an uprising of the people of Iran. That country is RIPE for that right now. It could be done. All you need is a leader that the people will listen to, with the ideas they want to hear. That potential leader would have to keep the people FEARLESS. The fear of the people is want holds them back. Always has historically.

But I don't hear that nowadays. I only hear about penalties, and possible war. YES Gunny, WAR. It's been mentioned by many of the top names in the administration that a military intervention of some sort is not off the table. You and I both know even the smallest of interventions is going to ignite war. Can the administration really be ignorant to that?

You have to look past the whole "maybe they do, maybe they dont" nuclear issue. We can't just always so quick to be so tough all the time. We should think about working SMARTER, not harder.

The problem with attempting to foment and support and uprising in Iran is those people might hate their government, but they hate us more. They will fight with their government against us.

Saying military options are not off the table is NOT talking "war." The top names in the administration would be fools to say anything else, and mark my words, regardless WHO is President next, that position won't change.

If the administration was as blind as some think, a strike of some kind would already have been made. They realize what's at stake and I certainly hope whoever follows does as well.

The problem with attempting to foment and support and uprising in Iran is those people might hate their government, but they hate us more. They will fight with their government against us.

I just don't see the evidence of that. If anything, at the risk of possibly looking biased, it's gotten worse since the Bush administration. But I just don't see any evidence that supports nationwide hatred for us.

If the administration was as blind as some think, a strike of some kind would already have been made. They realize what's at stake and I certainly hope whoever follows does as well.

Well, I'm just glad you're not foaming at the mouth to attack Iran. I'll take that, and be happy with it.

By all means GO...please...and have fun....

June 2007
Six months ago, Haleh Esfandiari, director of the Middle East Program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, went to Iran to visit her ailing mother. She never returned home. Instead, Esfandiari was thrown into prison and accused of endangering national security.

May 2006
Fifty-four youth were arrested in Shiraz, Iran while engaged in a humanitarian effort for UNICEF.

Adjunct at Berkeley Is Imprisoned in Iran
An Iranian-American lecturer at the University of California at Berkeley is being detained in Iran on charges of espionage

U.S., Canadian Citizens Imprisoned in Iran ‘Confess' on Iranian TV [on Haleh Esfandiari, Kian Tajbakhsh]
Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)
July 25, 2007
http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP166407

The following are excerpts from interviews with two U.S. citizens of Iranian origin, academics Dr. Haleh Esfandiari, Dr. Kian Tajbaksh, who were arrested in May 2007 in Iran, and Iranian-Canadian academic Ramin Jahanbaglou, who was arrested in May 2006 in Iran. The interviews were aired on Iranian Channel 1 on July 18 and 19, 2007.

Arash Sigarchi, freelance
IMPRISONED: January 26, 2006
Sigarchi, a former editor of the dailynewspaper Gilan-e-Emruz and a Web blogger, was sentenced to three years in prison by an Iranian appellate court on several offenses, including insulting Supreme Guide Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and propagandizing against the Islamic Republic in his online blog.

They will defend their country against any aggression by Americans to occupy it, gunny. As much as I despise gwb I would do the same in this country against any foreign entity with designs on my country.

Saying military options are not off the table is NOT talking "war." The top names in the administration would be fools to say anything else, and mark my words, regardless WHO is President next, that position won't change.

Let the warlords kill each other. And leave the populations that strive only for sustenance be left to their enjoyment of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Remember that?

They will defend their country against any aggression by Americans to occupy it, gunny. As much as I despise gwb I would do the same in this country against any foreign entity with designs on my country.

Let the warlords kill each other. And leave the populations that strive only for sustenance be left to their enjoyment of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Remember that?

Get banned again?

I just don't see the evidence of that. If anything, at the risk of possibly looking biased, it's gotten worse since the Bush administration. But I just don't see any evidence that supports nationwide hatred for us.

No? Iranians are every bit as nationalistic as we are. I may despise who my president is at any given time, but don't think for a minute you're coming in here to take him out without me breaking out the arsenal.

It got worse when they mullah's replaced their puppet moderate with a puppet firebreather.

Well, I'm just glad you're not foaming at the mouth to attack Iran. I'll take that, and be happy with it.

I'm not foaming at the mouth to attack anyone. If and when I believe there is no other option but military force, you can rest assured I have come to the conclusion that further diplomacy is beating our collective heads against the wall.

By all means GO...please...and have fun....

June 2007
Six months ago, Haleh Esfandiari, director of the Middle East Program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, went to Iran to visit her ailing mother. She never returned home. Instead, Esfandiari was thrown into prison and accused of endangering national security.

May 2006
Fifty-four youth were arrested in Shiraz, Iran while engaged in a humanitarian effort for UNICEF.

Adjunct at Berkeley Is Imprisoned in Iran
An Iranian-American lecturer at the University of California at Berkeley is being detained in Iran on charges of espionage

U.S., Canadian Citizens Imprisoned in Iran ‘Confess' on Iranian TV [on Haleh Esfandiari, Kian Tajbakhsh]
Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI)
July 25, 2007
http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP166407

The following are excerpts from interviews with two U.S. citizens of Iranian origin, academics Dr. Haleh Esfandiari, Dr. Kian Tajbaksh, who were arrested in May 2007 in Iran, and Iranian-Canadian academic Ramin Jahanbaglou, who was arrested in May 2006 in Iran. The interviews were aired on Iranian Channel 1 on July 18 and 19, 2007.

Arash Sigarchi, freelance
IMPRISONED: January 26, 2006
Sigarchi, a former editor of the dailynewspaper Gilan-e-Emruz and a Web blogger, was sentenced to three years in prison by an Iranian appellate court on several offenses, including insulting Supreme Guide Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and propagandizing against the Islamic Republic in his online blog.

OoooooK, Gitmo. Still got apic of Lindie Englend in your wallet?

Say, why is it that I never see you posting in any threads where Iranian students are looking for change like ours did in the 60s? Is it easier to demonize them into inhumanity? are they easier to scrape off of a bootheal that way?

Forum List

Back