Russia makes first nuke-fuel shipment to Iran

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Associated Press

MOSCOW - Russia has made its first shipment of nuclear fuel to Iran's Bushehr plant, which is at the center of the international tensions over Tehran's nuclear program, the Foreign Ministry said Monday.

Iran contends the nuclear power plant operation in Bushehr is strictly for civilian purposes, but many critics suspect Tehran intends to use the plant as part of an alleged effort to develop nuclear weapons.

Construction at Bushehr had been frequently delayed. Officials said the delays were due to payment disputes, but many observers suggested Russia also was unhappy with Iran's resistance to international pressure to make its nuclear program more open and to assure the international community that it was not developing nuclear arms.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22293272/

Wonder how long it'll be before some people end up eating their words ....

Yep, thanks to the NIE report summary release, Russia doesn't have to worry about international pressure anymore.

fuck russia, they are in the axis of evil in my opinion

Great, put another country with large oil resources (not to mention a sizable nuclear armament) on our shitlist. That will solve all of the worlds problems.

Great, put another country with large oil resources (not to mention a sizable nuclear armament) on our shitlist. That will solve all of the worlds problems.

Your sarcasm has struck home...I will send the Russians a thank you note first thing tomorrow.

Why not just rely on our oil locations... Oh wait ANWR is off limit. My bad.

As for Russia liking us... When did they start liking us? Even after the USSR fell I didn't consider them a country I can trust.

The US is actually in favor of this and Bush has gone on record saying he publicly supports Russia giving Iran nuclear fuel.

The reasoning: If Russia provides nuclear fuel to Iran and it's monitored by the IAEA, then there is no need for Iran to continue uranium enrichment programs.

As for Russia liking us... When did they start liking us? Even after the USSR fell I didn't consider them a country I can trust.

But...but...Bush looked into Putin's eyes....
I was there when he looked into his eyes and I must say that it was kind of awkward. You could cut the tension with a knife....

rocky11.jpg

"I MUST BREAK YOU."

I say...whatever? Quite frankly I really don't see any way around a world war III. Everyone wants a piece of the pie and the pie is only so big. We don't have another pie and we can't make another pie. There are only so many rresources on and in the planet. Everyone wants to be top dog and everyone has their belief system plunging themselves into genocide. I say lets get it over with. It will be the greatest show on earth. Within an hour after it starts I won't be here to care. And I get to go see Jesus...Sounds like a win win to me. I just hope when it happens that I'm not one of those left behind in the aftermath, if there is a aftermath. I hope I get to kiss an ICBM right on the nose cone.

It is called "free market enterprise", folks. Since when or why do Americans attempt to corner that market?

Seriously, folks. I've had many Union brothers and sisters hurt and even killed by exercising their "free market" ambitions. Are we now going to war on Russia for exercising their free market enterprise?

I can only imagine some of the self defeating and otherwise senseless arguments to that observation.

On a side note, I thought we defeated Russia way back then?

Your sarcasm has struck home...I will send the Russians a thank you note first thing tomorrow.

Yes sarcasm does work well for pointing out the problems with extreme positions on either side. Unless I am much mistaken you are making effective use of it yourself.

When dealing with a country like Russia or China (that is, a country with economic and military strenth comparaple to our own) one must tread carefully. While publicly thanking them is uncalled for (even though the US has gone on record as supporting the deal) placing them in the "axis of evil" is inadvisable. We can't invade (historically look at the groups who have tried to occupy Russia and see how well it turned out for them) we can't bomb them (look at the cold war and the issue of mutually assured destruction) and we would be hard pressed to sanction them until we come up with less oil dependent means of transportation.

Forum List

Back