I smell bullshit

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
we can afford the iraq war, the afghan war, a 9 trillion dollar debt.

But we cant afford to build the border fence san diego to brownsville, and deport all the illegals and the anchor bums.

I smell bullshit

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that there was funding for this wall? Don't get me wrong, I am for the wall, and I know construction has been started,..but it is taking forever to get built. I am a Republican, but I will blame Republicans for this failure. If they can ever get this wall complete before the 08 Elections,...a Republican will surely be in the White House again!

democratic congress is not funding it, no funds, no wall.

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought that there was funding for this wall? Don't get me wrong, I am for the wall, and I know construction has been started,..but it is taking forever to get built. I am a Republican, but I will blame Republicans for this failure. If they can ever get this wall complete before the 08 Elections,...a Republican will surely be in the White House again!

democratic congress is not funding it, no funds, no wall.

Partly true, but I must say I find it rather strange that you place no blame on the Republicans who, if my memory serves me correct, controlled the House for the 16 years previous to this one, and the Senate the previous 6. Perhaps they might possibly deserve a wee bit of your gumption as well?

we can afford the iraq war, the afghan war, a 9 trillion dollar debt.

But we cant afford to build the border fence san diego to brownsville, and deport all the illegals and the anchor bums.

I smell bullshit

I don't get it. Sorry, I honestly don't. What is this fetish you conservatives have with deporting these illegals. I for one have no problem letting them voluntarily wash my dishes for me. Christ knows we need immigration into this country, and the NSF clearly demonstrated that even illegals are a net benefit to the country. Why waste billions deporting them?

There is funding. It was passed in the House and President Bush signed it but he is only planning on building around 360 miles instead of the over 850 miles. He is giving into McCain and Kennedy.

I don't get it. Sorry, I honestly don't. What is this fetish you conservatives have with deporting these illegals. I for one have no problem letting them voluntarily wash my dishes for me. Christ knows we need immigration into this country, and the NSF clearly demonstrated that even illegals are a net benefit to the country. Why waste billions deporting them?

Because they kill the economy.

Partly true, but I must say I find it rather strange that you place no blame on the Republicans who, if my memory serves me correct, controlled the House for the 16 years previous to this one, and the Senate the previous 6. Perhaps they might possibly deserve a wee bit of your gumption as well?

Both parties are to blame. Both are terrified of alienating the Hispanic vote. A rare bit of bipartisan effort backburnering the issue as swiftly as possible.

Because they kill the economy.

Not even close. Why don't you ask the corporations who rely on them for things like picking our produce what they think on the subject.

And THAT'S the reason no one's going to build your wall.... cheap labor helps, not hurts, corporate interests. It is also what people rely on for taking care of their kids, doing their gardens, doing construction and cleaning their pools.

Or do you think American citizens are going to do that work?

Not even close. Why don't you ask the corporations who rely on them for things like picking our produce what they think on the subject.

And THAT'S the reason no one's going to build your wall.... cheap labor helps, not hurts, corporate interests. It is also what people rely on for taking care of their kids, doing their gardens, doing construction and cleaning their pools.

They'd work for their welfare if it was up to me.

And illegals DO undermine our social infrastructure; whether or not corporations benefit from the cheap labor. The financial burden of their presences rests solely on the shoulders of the taxpaying US citizens.

sure.. any company in need of cheap labor will love illegal aliens....

BUT, you facilitate a second class status by allowing illegals to remain and pick strawberrys in california. Is the price of fruit worth a system that institutionalizes such poverty? Is blowing out the bottom range of poverty an acceptable result in maintaining fruit production?

I just finished Eric Schlosser's "Reefer Madness" and the second essay was about the rationalization of illegal workers and the lifestyle that becomes the status quo. I'm all about opportunity for immigrants too... BUT..

1. it's gotta be through a vector which AMERICA has control over and accepts.
2. It can't produce a second, lower class of citizen drastically set apart from our minimum standard of living. Using the excuse that no one will pick fruit, garden and build decks is pretty lame. We have prison labor to use if you really want to look for cheap labor that OWES the American society something without sending back profits to mexico.
3. An ILLEGAL alien is still ILLEGAL. There will be NO change in their native country if they keep running to the US instead of fixing their own broken system. I'd suggest taking land from mexico to be used to facilitate the border crossing in relation to their yearly, uh, export.

They'd work for their welfare if it was up to me.

And illegals DO undermine our social infrastructure; whether or not corporations benefit from the cheap labor. The financial burden of their presences rests solely on the shoulders of the taxpaying US citizens.

Yup and those little bastards don't even help the community. They send all the money back to their family in Mexico instead of putting it back into our economy and plus don't forget they don't pay taxes and then they steal someone's identity to get a job. Then they live 30 to a studio apartment.

I like statistics and logic. Do you have a link to a non-partisan non-biased website that shows good research on the question as to whether illegal immigrants provide a net benefit or a net loss to the American economy? Much of the money earned by Mexicans in America is sent back to Mexico. I think that, per capita, more indigent illegal Immigrants wind up in hospitals than do American indigents unable to pay their medical bills. Yet, I think that illegal immigrants provide cheap labor and, therefore, the price for their goods and services are lower than they would be in American did the work. I admit that there are many variables. Based on my limited knowledge of the exact figures, I think that illegal immigrants provide a net loss to the American economy. If I am mistaken, please provide statistical information to the contrary.

It's not a "fetish"... it's a matter of survival. If you "don't get it" try imagining a few Mexicans moving into your home. You didn't invite them. They just move in and start living there...camped out wherever they fit. Your home gets pretty crowded. Seems like you never can get into the bathroom when you want to. You have to pay for their food and utilities. They say they are looking for work but they have no real skills. However one of them offers to mow your lawn in return for your help and another will wash your dishes. They're nice people.

However one of them doesn't seem too nice as he sells drugs and carries a switchblade. Also, one of them has TB and coughs all the time so he needs to see a doctor pretty often. You get to pay the doctor bill of course. Of course, since none of them speaks English too well and they don't seem too inclined to learn English, you need to learn Spanish to communicate with them. You find out that one of them is planning to have her parents and two sisters come and move in too next month. You also have to drive their kids to school plus pay for their clothes, shoes, school supplies, lunch tickets, etc. One person wants to attend a technical college to learn auto mechanics so you also get to pay tuition costs for that.

In order to afford all of this you are going to have to forego any and all vacations, that home improvement, or any plans to buy that new car you were thinking about... or anything else for that matter! Of course they all want to use your car to go get drivers licenses. Then they will go vote Democrat and raise your taxes on top of everything else you are paying for.

Do you think possibly your home might be in crisis? Just maybe a little overwhelmed? Or do you think maybe you and your home might break down physically and financially...not to mention your wife might leave you? Or is this something you think you could live with for the next 50 years?

If not, maybe you would rather pay a one time payment up front to stop the madness and live in peace again?

[Now translate this individual example to a national level]

Because a legal american can get paid minimum wage to do it. i got paid 7 bucks and hour to do it. Ive had that job.

illegals lower the wages in america.

They dont even have the right to be here.

I do blame blame bush and conservatives who arent for deportation.

but liberals in congress are worse in my opinion

Fuck the hispanics vote, if you are a hispanic who aids and abets illegals, or you are illegal, you get deported

simple

Both parties are to blame. Both are terrified of alienating the Hispanic vote. A rare bit of bipartisan effort backburnering the issue as swiftly as possible.

American citizens did the work before during the great depression before we opened the borders, and italian and german immigrants have done the work before.

I say, shut down any business knowlingly hiring illegals, and allow people from africa and other third world nations not just mexicans (mostly) to come here,

Tough topic, I know people who earn in the top one percent of wage earners and still hire illegals and shop at Walmart. I have yet to see a single lawn business that is not 95% Mexican and probably mostly illegal. Americans want cheap labor and cheap prices, they get them through illegal immigration and anti unionism.

I find it ironic that any right wingnut conservative would criticize illegals when they fought the minimum wage raise tooth and nail. In the end, if truth be known, the conservatives care nothing for low wage earners or illegals so long as both stay in their place.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2006/04/04/illegal_workers_have_mixed_impact/

"Illegal workers' relationship to the economy is intricate. They are willing to work for lower wages than legal workers, helping to keep down prices. But illegal immigrants also can depress wages for unskilled, legal workers and strain local hospitals and schools."

Forum List

Back