Ron Paul almost Over 3 Million for the Day, About to Set a Record!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paulie, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    He's about 300 thousand away from beating Romney's single-day record of 3.1 mil in January, and that was the beginning of the year corporate contribution blitz anyway.

This is 100% grassroots, with about 20,000 new people donating. This fund-raising event has No affiliation with the official campaign, either.

There must be some pretty wealthy 'spammers' out there, boys and girls! Those 'botnets' able to donate money too?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    He's already beaten Romney's record!

He's likely going to reach 4 million for the day, at the rate the donations are coming in. It's like $200,000 per hour right now!

6.2 mil so far for the quarter, and there's still 2 more months left! He's going to have just as much money as the 'front runners'!

LOL I fucking love it! There's no denying this man anymore, folks! With this kind of money, his message, and his nationwide support, there's no way you can say that he's got 'no chance' to win the nomination. The only thing keeping him from it is the establishment and their dirty tactics.

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    But will the republicans support him as their candidate? and if he runs as an independent what effect will that have on the election?

4. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    Sure they will. Just as soon as the media starts taking him seriously and gives him some prime-time coverage, so they can stop saying "Who's Ron Paul?" and actually get to KNOW him.

It's ridiculous...a "nobody" just set a HUGE record, and all the media is talking about is Hillary right now, and MSNBC actually just stood by a decision to call her the Dem nominee, and it hasn't even happened yet.

It's all that TALKING about a candidate, and referring to them as potential winners, that makes people gravitate towards them and waste a vote. It's propaganda at it's finest, and there's no other way to describe it. Why let the media decide your candidate for you?

I can't tell you how many disenchanted Republicans I talk to that are in LOVE with this guy right now.

It's a situation where you can't take the media's word on it. Unless you're actually out there on the campaign trail, you'd never even know. Besides the plethora of Ron Paul signs I see all over the NJ/PA/Del tri-state area on highway overpasses and such.

You'll see. You'll ALL see soon enough!

5. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    I could agree with you if I didn't see Jimmy Carter rise from a peanut farm to president. Paul's message is not appealing to many in spite of the frustration. Radical politics doesn't play well here.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    'Radical' as in anti-establishment? Because otherwise, he's just someone up there telling the truth. We don't need an IRS and federal income tax if we simply cut wasteful spending down to pre-year 2000 levels, and we don't need to be in Iraq. What's radical about that?

Oh no, my friend, you couldn't be more wrong if that's what you mean.

There are more 'radical', anti-establishment Americans than you could even imagine!

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Why does everything concerning Ron Paul sound like a threat?

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    Because you're lost in the proverbial sauce?

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :wtf: Based on what?

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    Based on you're ridiculous statement. The only threats I see in politics right now are the one's being aimed at Iran by every other candidate, whether directly by rhetoric straight out of their mouth, or indirectly by congressional resolution votes.