I Recently Found A Song From My Childhood That I NEVER Thought That I Would EVER Hear Again

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Now when I was a little kid by grandparents loved music and they would get all of these kids cassette tapes for me to listen to when I was over at their house. (I'll leave some more here as well.) Anyways, when I was eighteen I moved for the second time and most of if not all my cassette tapes had just stopped working because I got them early to mid nineties and it was 2008 when I graduated and moved to my current location that I'm at now.

So, I was afraid that I would never hear one of the songs that I used to love so much and dance to all the time because being that it's Skip to My Lou there are probably millions of different renditions of it. However, last night on a whim I decided to do some digging on YouTube and I searched for some of its distinct lyrics and I got lucky. Last night was the first time I've heard it in I don't know how long and I still get the same grin on my face that I did when I was a kid. :D

This next song always has and always will be my favorite song of mine since when I was a tiny little thing. :)

Third favorite. :D

I know that I'll think of some more favorites soon as I have been able to find a lot of them now. :)

Where did you grow up? I remember the Skip to My Lou song and the story of the Pied Piper, but not those songs. I have often wondered how those childhood verses stuck in our memories and if they will survive Cancel Culture.

• Banned
Where did you grow up? I remember the Skip to My Lou song and the story of the Pied Piper, but not those songs. I have often wondered how those childhood verses stuck in our memories and if they will survive Cancel Culture.

It was saying Piper, Piper play your song in the song not the Pied Piper but I guess same idea. I've always lived in Ohio, I just don't want to disclose the cities that I've lived in and yeah obviously everybody basically knows Skip to My Lou, but not everybody has heard that version of it and I still love it to this day even after all these years and not ashamed of it either. It's really got a good dancing beat. :D

• Banned
Who remembers this old song? It was old even when they played it in my elementary school in the 80's.

That's another good one even though it's not a children's song. This is another one of my childhood favorites btw. 😊

In about 1972 I walked into a local Hotel and a song was playing called "Dynamite". I only heard it once and even then not in full, so about five years ago I typed in "Dynamite" by who I thought sang it; The Sweet, but it wasn't. It was Mud.

Greg

There were a lot of Oz songs back then which I have only recently re-discovered because of You-tube. This is one of the more obscure. It made the scene not long after we buring a friend's big brother killed in Nam.

Greg

Forum List

Back