I REALLY Appreciate how Humble the Obama's are in this "Great Recession"...

Michelle Obama visits Spain's Granada - SignOnSanDiego.com

^And how they are "Feeling" our Pain...

It's times like these that you can Truly Appreciate ONE Aspect of Jimmy Carter's Presidency...

He wasn't a Self-Involved, Indulgent Show-off while the Country Suffered in his Final (2) Years in Office.

The same can NOT be said for Barry and his Wife.

Shameless doesn't even begin to Describe it.

And if anyone Doubted this is where they would be, just Remember his $140,000,000 Innagural while America was Shedding 700-800,000 Jobs a Month during the Holidays of 2008/2009...

Classy, these People aren't.

:)

peace...
There is nothing shameful about the first lady vacationing in Spain, Kennebunkport, Miami, or wherever she chooses to vacation. It's her vacation. She's paying for it, so she should be able to go where she pleases.

The only shameful thing about this is the way the right wing media treats it. It will be interesting to see how many Republican congressman cancel their summer vacations to show sympathy for all those who out of work.

It's times like these that you can Truly Appreciate ONE Aspect of Jimmy Carter's Presidency...

He wasn't a Self-Involved, Indulgent Show-off while the Country Suffered in his Final (2) Years in Office.

And if anyone Doubted this is where they would be, just Remember his $140,000,000 Innagural while America was Shedding 700-800,000 Jobs a Month during the Holidays of 2008/2009...

peace...
There is nothing shameful about the first lady vacationing in Spain, Kennebunkport, Miami, or wherever she chooses to vacation. It's her vacation. She's paying for it, so she should be able to go where she pleases.

The only shameful thing about this is the way the right wing media treats it. It will be interesting to see how many Republican congressman cancel their summer vacations to show sympathy for all those who out of work.

She isn't paying for it, so knock that god damned lie off, when someone says I paid for this, that means they paid all the costs, not part of them.

Pretty amazing stuff.They have parties and concerts all the time at the WH.When these 2 go on vacation they go nuts.Some people have been out of work for years now do these two even think about that.No other President or first lady before these two would have even considered this.

IDK s0n............84 vacations at a tune of millions - fAiL when the economy is in the sh!ter!!!

That doesnt even include the epic golf outings...................

FOUR
Bush spent 977 days vacationing at the Ranch or Camp David. That's a 122 days a year, while we were fighting two wars and slipping into the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During

peace...

No. She's not paying for all of it. 70 Secret Service Agents were dragged along for this Excellent Adventure - as well as a bunch of her aides. The Taxpayers are paying approximately $375K for this excess.

peace...

No. She's not paying for all of it. 70 Secret Service Agents were dragged along for this Excellent Adventure - as well as a bunch of her aides. The Taxpayers are paying approximately $375K for this excess.
I guess you are repeating some of that right wing fair and balanced reporting. The truth is regardless of where she goes the secret services is there. She is paying for her hotel, food, and transportation.

The cost of transporting, lodging and feeding all of that personnel is excessive - and she showed incredibly bad taste in her typical peevish, self-absorbed manner.

Leadership matters, and neither of the Obamas grok the meaning of the word.

I guess you are repeating some of that right wing fair and balanced reporting. The truth is regardless of where she goes the secret services is there. She is paying for her hotel, food, and transportation.

I'm sure she's paying for it...what with her husband's $250k salary blown on one single vacation.

Regardless dipshit...this smacks of hypocrisy plain and simple.

Shut the fuck up.

Pretty amazing stuff.They have parties and concerts all the time at the WH.When these 2 go on vacation they go nuts.Some people have been out of work for years now do these two even think about that.No other President or first lady before these two would have even considered this.

IDK s0n............84 vacations at a tune of millions - fAiL when the economy is in the sh!ter!!!

FOUR
Bush spent 977 days vacationing at the Ranch or Camp David. That's a 122 days a year, while we were fighting two wars and slipping into the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

So was the country in a Economical crisis when Bush became President? It looks like the pesident would be trying to get the economy jump started and then go on vacation.

Last edited:

FOUR

So was the country in a Economical crisis when Bush became President? It looks like the pesident would be trying to get the economy jump started and then go on vacation.

Spending time at his ranch didn't cost us $375k ether.

ain't that the truth.

Indeed. Bush spent time at his home or at Camp David - which is an auxiliary Presidential Facility.

He also gave up Golf in 2003:

I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Bush warns of Iraq disaster - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Nor did it preclude his conducting presidential bussiness.

FOUR

I think you're confused. Barack is the President, not Michelle.

Frankly, I don't see what the huge deal it. She's the president's wife and wants to get away with her daughter on summer break. I don't see why life has to come to a grinding halt for people with jobs just because other people are out of work.

She doesn't, but she doesn't have to over do either. She could have had a much cheaper party at the Whitehouse for her daughter and many people would have been thrilled. She could have even had it somewhere here in America and at least the money would have gone into our economy. This is like Reagan telling us to tighten our belts while his wife went out and bought $200,000 China for the Whitehouse, and what's worse, it's UGLY china.

Sheila, that china was donated to the WH. At the time the WH did not have a complete set for a proper state dinner.
But true to form the left complained that the public actually did foot a large part of the bill, because some rich doner got a tax deduction creating a loss of tax revenues, and as usual their take flies.

Last edited:
He has a curse when it comes to speaking. Always sounds condescending to me and little disingenuous.
Really? Must be a personal thing and/or a Right Wing thing. He sounds totally awesome to me. Very, very inspiring. Not to mention a very healthy sense of humor...espeially of late. "When you get in your are what do you do? D for going forward, R for reverse.

LOL!!!

Sometimes you have to back in order to do it right. Obama can't do that. We are just here to help him.

He has a curse when it comes to speaking. Always sounds condescending to me and little disingenuous.
Really? Must be a personal thing and/or a Right Wing thing. He sounds totally awesome to me. Very, very inspiring. Not to mention a very healthy sense of humor...espeially of late. "When you get in your are what do you do? D for going forward, R for reverse.

LOL!!!

Yeah Id rather go in Reverse as opposed to Driving over a cliff! HAR HAR HAR funny D and R comments rule!!!!!!

Oh really, I would think it would cost quite a bit more than $375K to provide Secret Service Protection for the president for 490 days at the ranch.

So are you saying the first lady should not take a vacation because there are so many people without jobs even if she pays for her own travel expenses? Maybe if she stayed home those people would find a job; people like my neighbor who's out of work and he's in Vegas right now.

This thread really doesn't make much sense.

Forum List

Back