ACLU got one right?

Jarhead

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
I heard the ACLU is filing against Obama as CiC for targeting a US citizen who has been deemed as a terrorist and living in Pakistan.
Apparently, he is on that list...the list the drones are used to take out memebers of.

I doubt Obama would do it if he were not sure, but should any US citizen EVER be accused of, found guilty of, and executed for anything without due process?

Now, before you jump down my throat....lets look at this MADE UP scenario...

I emphasize...MADE UP and I am in no way saying Obama would do it....but hear me out..

Bill O'reilly has been to Pakistand, A-stan and Iraq many times. What if THAT was the evidence Obama claimed to have that he is engaging in terrorist activity and Oreilly was taken out for it....

Afterall, we all know Obama's numbers may be a little better without Oreilly....not saying Obama would do it....but think about it.

I think the ACLU got this one right.

Thoughts?

I think the ACLU's gets a lot of one's right.

And yes, this one.

I heard the ACLU is filing against Obama as CiC for targeting a US citizen who has been deemed as a terrorist and living in Pakistan.
Apparently, he is on that list...the list the drones are used to take out memebers of.

I doubt Obama would do it if he were not sure, but should any US citizen EVER be accused of, found guilty of, and executed for anything without due process?

I emphasize...MADE UP and I am in no way saying Obama would do it....but hear me out..

Bill O'reilly has been to Pakistand, A-stan and Iraq many times. What if THAT was the evidence Obama claimed to have that he is engaging in terrorist activity and Oreilly was taken out for it....

Afterall, we all know Obama's numbers may be a little better without Oreilly....not saying Obama would do it....but think about it.

Thoughts?

I think you're an idiot. Al-Awlaki is an enemy to this country and does not deserve due process. He should be stripped of his citizenship then killed.

Thoughts?

I think you're an idiot. Al-Awlaki is an enemy to this country and does not deserve due process. He should be stripped of his citizenship then killed.

Funny. I disagree with you but I dont think you are an idiot.
I dont have an issue with him being killed on the battlefield. But I do have an issue with the CiC deciding what US citizens should die via assasination and which ones shouldn't.
I agree with using the predator drones...but that is assasination...and no one American has the right to decide what US citizen warrants assasination.

They also stood up for Druggie Rush didn't they?

I also heared that they took Hannity's side in a law suit. But I still think their record is less than perfect.

Like the case were they were fighting for convicted child molesters/rapists to be able to live close to schools. ...pathetic.

Thoughts?

figures a neocon douchebag would be okay with the president singling out citizens to be killed. you really are scum

this country would already be a police state without the aclu & eff. it figures neocons and GW 20%ers are the ones always fighting against them seeing as neocons casually will throw away civil rights and bend over to anything "security" related

Thoughts?

figures a neocon douchebag would be okay with the president singling out citizens to be killed. you really are scum

There are plenty of liberal progressive douchebags that are OK with strange things as well.

But hey...dont forget one thing Blu....

Obama is OK with the President singling out citizens to be killed as well.

Something you should think about.

There are plenty of liberal progressive douchebags that are OK with strange things as well.

why should I think about it? I have known about it for months and its high on my list of why obama is scum and should be removed from office

Thoughts?

Like liberal producer Sarah Spitz wishing Limbaugh would die of a heart attack...
or
Chris Mtthews
:rolleyes:

why should I think about it? I have known about it for months and its high on my list of why obama is scum and should be removed from office

Obviously, you dont need to think about it. Sorry for implying that you did.
I just found out about it and whereas I am against Obama as I found he governs strictly based on his own ideology, I always admire a man that has such strong convictions of his beliefs....and believe me, his ideology is a direct contrast of mine.

But now I found out even more about the man. He does NOT have strong convictions of his ideology, or he would not have agreed to assasinating a US citizen without due process. He simply has an ego that has him believing he can do any dam thing he wants.

Thoughts?

If a US citizen is engaged in subversive activities against the United States and the citizen is beyond the police powers of the US other methods need to be utilized. Whether the President needs to give authority for a termination or not seems to me to be too much bureaucracy. The only agency in the US government who should have termination authority is the CIA and that should only be in a foreign country and in extraordinary circumstances. It should be the CIA Directors call not the President.

As to American citizens engaged in subversive activities on the battlefield or in a theater of war such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, the military should have authority to take out targets of opportunity that have been deemed hostile. And this includes US citizens and any other people that are hostile to the US. When you leave this country some rights you have as a citizen are put in abeyance.

Thoughts?

Not sure. What is the process for doing it legally? Try him for treason in absentia and sentence him to death?

Thoughts?

If a US citizen is engaged in subversive activities against the United States and the citizen is beyond the police powers of the US other methods need to be utilized. Whether the President needs to give authority for a termination or not seems to me to be too much bureaucracy. The only agency in the US government who should have termination authority is the CIA and that should only be in a foreign country and in extraordinary circumstances. It should be the CIA Directors call not the President.

As to American citizens engaged in subversive activities on the battlefield or in a theater of war such as Pakistan and Afghanistan, the military should have authority to take out targets of opportunity that have been deemed hostile. And this includes US citizens and any other people that are hostile to the US. When you leave this country some rights you have as a citizen are put in abeyance.

The point is that whereas we know this guy is involved in subversive activities, it is not us, the people, that is authorizing the assasination. Yes, we know this man is guilty becuase he is all over the media.....but what about one on the list that we, the people know nothing about...what about someone that the President, be it Obama, Bush, CLinton, or anyone decides should be on the list based on his own hunch he came up with looking at some cherry picked intelligence?

He dubbed the police stupid based on a hunch.
He had Sherrod fired based on a hunch.
Bush apparently invaded Iraq based on a hunch.

Should the Presdinet have the popwer to assasinate US ciotizens based on a hunch?

Thoughts?

Not sure. What is the process for doing it legally? Try him for treason in absentia and sentence him to death?

I see that as a better idea than simply assasinating him when not on the battlefield.

Just remember, Obama was wrong about the Mass. Police.
Intelligence was wrong about WMD in Iraq.

Thoughts?

I see that as a better idea than simply assasinating him when not on the battlefield.

Just remember, Obama was wrong about the Mass. Police.
Intelligence was wrong about WMD in Iraq.

I don't necessarily disagree that killing American citizens under government sanction, by fiat of the executive, is a bad thing. I don't think the judiciary would allow you do what I outlined. It sounds a little too third-worldy. I think they wouldn't allow themselves to be co-opted in such a manner. They would lose standing.

How about a panel for making the determination with the possibility of appeal to a circuit court like the DC Circuit? The government makes its case to the independent board and there is appointed counsel for the defense. Administrative hearing, due process in tact.

I'd be ok with that.

Forum List

Back