I REALLY Appreciate how Humble the Obama's are in this "Great Recession"...

Frankly, I don't see what the huge deal it. She's the president's wife and wants to get away with her daughter on summer break. I don't see why life has to come to a grinding halt for people with jobs just because other people are out of work.

Yeah......but politically, thats not how it works. I dont think most people, including me, give a rats ass that the president and his wife go on nice vacations when they can, however, its appearing even to very liberal media outlets that its over the top.

Makes the first family look out of touch with regular Americans.

Media in this country has hardly reported on her trip. Censorship is alive and well in the good ol' USA.

Good point. If this were a Republican First Lady living it up this way,you can bet the corrupt MSM would be ranting & raving about it 24/7. This kind of over the top extravagance really is in poor taste considering how many Americans are currently suffering. She should probably apologize.

Frankly, I don't see what the huge deal it. She's the president's wife and wants to get away with her daughter on summer break. I don't see why life has to come to a grinding halt for people with jobs just because other people are out of work.

Michelle obama has a job? Really I have no problem with it. The worst part is it's on the tax payers dollar and it's a rediculously extravagent vacation. Yet these people blame the rich for everything thats wrong with America when they themselves live better than anyone. But I guess It's different because the rich they blame actually earn their money instead of stealing it from the taxpayers.

And since she got in the white house theres more staff she has then any other first lady what makes her think she's any differant?.does she think it's owed to her?.and what was all her talk about save and help the people and there jobs and loss.she goes some where else for her money to be spent.and why did the kids have to be with out there father on his b.day?.i think she is a real looser in my book.

It's just another indicator of our ruling elites' greedy and corrupt attitude of 'let them eat cake' when it comes to the rest of us subjects.

She doesn't, but she doesn't have to over do either. She could have had a much cheaper party at the Whitehouse for her daughter and many people would have been thrilled. She could have even had it somewhere here in America and at least the money would have gone into our economy. This is like Reagan telling us to tighten our belts while his wife went out and bought $200,000 China for the Whitehouse, and what's worse, it's UGLY china.

And since she got in the white house theres more staff she has then any other first lady what makes her think she's any differant?.does she think it's owed to her?.and what was all her talk about save and help the people and there jobs and loss.she goes some where else for her money to be spent.and why did the kids have to be with out there father on his b.day?.i think she is a real looser in my book.

She reminds me a lot of Hillary.

First Lady's Trip to Spain Draws Criticism

^The Times HATED having to do this Story... They Buried it, of course...

And they Excuse the First Lady... Predictably.

The American People are Tired of this Elitist Shit while they Lose Jobs, Tighten Belts, and if they are lucky, Live Paycheck to Paycheck.

You don't say "Worst Economy since the Great Depression" and then take the Vacations and throw the Parties that these (2) Hacks @ 1600 are...

Fucking SHAMELESS.

:)

peace...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/us/politics/08vacation.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

w0w..........w0w!!!

My eyeballs almost popped out when I saw this from........of all places..........The New York Yimes???:eek::eek::eek: And the New York Daily News??!!:eek::eek::eek:

Now.......the non-politically astute need not comment, but for those who understand the significance of the New York Times knocking The Obama's, this my friends, is a bit of deep doo doo for the first family!!!

Discuss................

Shall we call her Marie Antoinette let them eat cake.

Reminds me of something I read earlier today:

Meanwhile, the tiniest sliver of the wealthiest -- the ones who caused these problems in the first place -- continues to thrive. Let's recall what former IMF Chief Economist Simon Johnson said last year in The Atlantic about what happens in under-developed and developing countries when an elite-caused financial crises ensues:

Squeezing the oligarchs, though, is seldom the strategy of choice among emerging-market governments. Quite the contrary: at the outset of the crisis, the oligarchs are usually among the first to get extra help from the government, such as preferential access to foreign currency, or maybe a nice tax break, or -- here's a classic Kremlin bailout technique -- the assumption of private debt obligations by the government. Under duress, generosity toward old friends takes many innovative forms. Meanwhile, needing to squeeze someone, most emerging-market governments look first to ordinary working folk -- at least until the riots grow too large.

What collapsing empire looks like - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

The U.S. is devolving into an Underdeveloped Banana Republic replete with an Elitist Ruling Class that will milk the last dime from a struggling middle class family to fuel their insatiable hunger for luxurious living.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
spain said her trip could bring in a billion dollars to their tourist industry...imagine if she had vacationed somehere here and brought in tourist dollars to our country in an economic downturn....

normally i don't care what they do, but she could have done much better to vacation in this country

He and his Wife are Employed by us... Borrowing against our Future to the tune of Trillions...

They can scale it the fuck back while Americans are hurting.

:)

peace...

Pretty amazing stuff.They have parties and concerts all the time at the WH.When these 2 go on vacation they go nuts.Some people have been out of work for years now do these two even think about that.No other President or first lady before these two would have even considered this.

Pretty amazing stuff.They have parties and concerts all the time at the WH.When these 2 go on vacation they go nuts.Some people have been out of work for years now do these two even think about that.No other President or first lady before these two would have even considered this.

IDK s0n............84 vacations at a tune of millions - fAiL when the economy is in the sh!ter!!!

That doesnt even include the epic golf outings...................

FOUR

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjc7q2h5dA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Obogey‬‎[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4kPqnUKJc&NR=1]YouTube - ‪Obama's golf swing, tee shot‬‎[/ame]

Forum List

Back