I Quit Smoking 13 Years Ago Tomorrow

Speaking of which...just how in the HELL do poor people afford cigarettes???
$5-$6 a pack and they puff away.

They’re a whole lot more expensive here in NY. More like $11-$12 a pack.

A good friend of mine smokes Pall Malls at $120 a carton. A carton a week.

That’s enough to buy a new car. And a nice car at that.

That's $6240. That's not even enough for a crappy new car, unless you count one of those 3 wheeled things. :p

The cigarette pack here keeps rising up in price we are at £ 10 the pack we got double price in 10 years.:eek:

Which reminds me, pick up a carton of cigarettes. Thanks!!
I smoke too but not a pack a day maybe 9 or 10 cigarettes but i wish i could stop the old thing ;)
I've been smoking since I was 16 years old, I'm 60 now....the damage is done and sooner or later I'm gonna have to deal with the residuals of my sin. I just don't want to suffer, just want to go quietly in my sleep with visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. But like most, I'm gonna end up with COPD, on oxygen and heart failure like Barbara Bush....and Lord, as much as I love my life....I do not want to be around in my 90's....I ain't got her kinda cash
We are warned against the misdeeds of cigarettes but we must believe that every person is different like a big smoker who had a long life with the cigarette in the beak.Frank Sinatra, singer, die 82 years old

I did my heavy smoking when I drank beer....every other night but I was always a runner so the smoke didn't stay in my lungs gumming things up for long....that's how it gets ya. So how did I do it after 43 years? I did a Zen thing on myself. I decided the nicotine crave was a better buzz than satisfying it. That's right; I ENJOYED my brain trying to trick my body into harming itself.....damn brain.
q4yXp98.png

aekgorei34ox.gif

I'd discovered during my smoking years that if I ate an apple or a peach or a plum, I didn't want a Marlboro. Don't know why. So I stocked up on fruit and ran twice a day instead of once. After a couple days, much to my disappointment, the cravings subsided down to only a couple a day and then in about 10 days stopped completely. I wasn't as hooked as I thought I was. No patch. No Nicorette gum. No suicide hotline. I just stopped. My doc says my heart is made out of railroad steel and my lungs are still clear and clean. Hopefully I beat the Reaper out of snatching me before my time. :04:
Nice man! I still smoke that awful shit.

Our HS coaches could always tell who was smoking by who got red in the face during wind-sprints. So we got to run extras while the other guys laughed and gave us the finger. My first cigs were unfiltered Humps...found them in an old dresser drawer of my Pop's. I thought you swallowed the smoke....who knew? One time on the way home from grade school I found a pack of Winstons on the side of the street...I figured somebody quit and tossed them out the car window. My Mom found them on me and told me people sometimes leave packs of POISONED cigarettes to make kids sick and die. I couldn't throw those in the trash quick enough! The cheapest smokes in the early 60's I recall buying were in a wooden rack outside a Clark gas station....30 cents which is the same as a gallon of gas cost then. You don't see cigarette vending machines anymore either....I guess they went the way of the pay phone.
dunno.gif

Our HS coaches could always tell who was smoking by who got red in the face during wind-sprints. So we got to run extras while the other guys laughed and gave us the finger. My first cigs were unfiltered Humps...found them in an old dresser drawer of my Pop's. I thought you swallowed the smoke....who knew? One time on the way home from grade school I found a pack of Winstons on the side of the street...I figured somebody quit and tossed them out the car window. My Mom found them on me and told me people sometimes leave packs of POISONED cigarettes to make kids sick and die. I couldn't throw those in the trash quick enough! The cheapest smokes in the early 60's I recall buying were in a wooden rack outside a Clark gas station....30 cents which is the same as a gallon of gas cost then. You don't see cigarette vending machines anymore either....I guess they went the way of the pay phone.
dunno.gif

I believe that cigarette vending machines are illegal unless they are in a place where minors are prohibited entry.

I believe that cigarette vending machines are illegal unless they are in a place where minors are prohibited entry.

Yep, and it cost the Mob, million$.....they were up to their eyeballs in stolen contraband cigarettes they moved through the vending machine business.

Yep, and it cost the Mob, million$.....they were up to their eyeballs in stolen contraband cigarettes they moved through the vending machine business.

I remember using the vending machines occasionally, but I don't remember if I ever did it to get cigarettes when I was underage. Probably. :p

Forum List

Back