I Quit Smoking 13 Years Ago Tomorrow

Which reminds me, pick up a carton of cigarettes. Thanks!!
I smoke too but not a pack a day maybe 9 or 10 cigarettes but i wish i could stop the old thing ;)
I've been smoking since I was 16 years old, I'm 60 now....the damage is done and sooner or later I'm gonna have to deal with the residuals of my sin. I just don't want to suffer, just want to go quietly in my sleep with visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. But like most, I'm gonna end up with COPD, on oxygen and heart failure like Barbara Bush....and Lord, as much as I love my life....I do not want to be around in my 90's....I ain't got her kinda cash

I wish I could stop, 60 years old and I can't.......I know its gonna kill me, but I have to deal with stupid white bitches all day....I need my cigs!!

Kools? :laugh:
Actually I smoke e-cigs, strawberry flavored. Chew much, bitch?
chew-704138.jpg

I started with cigarettes in 1951, when smoking was very common, the associated harms were largely unknown. Cigarette ads were signed by medical doctors who said smoking was good for you, and celebrities like Ronald Reagan agreed:

e30be041a37820f9bdeabb2745b7d799.jpg

I smoked for 35 years and quit in 1985 when my wife died (she made me promise to quit for our girls' sake). It wasn't easy but I managed. Back then Nicorette was new and a prescription was required but that gum was very helpful. As I recall, the cigarette craving was most intense for about a month or six weeks but I managed to resist it. The craving gradually subsided but remained active for more than a year -- especially after meals. It was so compelling after coffee that I had to give up coffee, too.

The compulsive craving gradually diminished but lasted for more than a year. For about twenty years after the intensely compulsive stage ended there were occasional moments when a surprising and wholly unexpected urge to smoke would occur but those residual urges would last only a few minutes and were relatively easy to resist.

I should mention that my first year of cigarette withdrawal was aided by sucking on Tootsie-Roll lollipops and by keeping my fingers occupied with a pen or pencil. These are necessary diversions for the hands and mouth components of the smoking compulsion.

Based on everything I've ever read, heard or experienced I must fully agree with casual or educated opinions that nicotine is far more tenaciously addictive than any recreational narcotic.
This is the way, I look at it all......everybody is gonna die and there's nothing we can do about it. The question then becomes when and how? I am of the religious belief, I'm catholic....that when its your time to go, regardless of how, IT WAS JUST YOUR TIME. Barbara Bush never smoked a day in her life, yet at 90, died of heart failure and COPD....all smoke related symptoms. What we all have to do as human beings, is be prepared spiritually.

Congrats to all of you who quit. That shit is worse than pot. I never smoked cigarettes and did smoke some pot back in the day. Not a lot though, I played a lot of team sports and became a distance runner later in life.

I started with cigarettes in 1951, when smoking was very common, the associated harms were largely unknown. Cigarette ads were signed by medical doctors who said smoking was good for you, and celebrities like Ronald Reagan agreed:

I smoked for 35 years and quit in 1985 when my wife died (she made me promise to quit for our girls' sake). It wasn't easy but I managed. Back then Nicorette was new and a prescription was required but that gum was very helpful. As I recall, the cigarette craving was most intense for about a month or six weeks but I managed to resist it. The craving gradually subsided but remained active for more than a year -- especially after meals. It was so compelling after coffee that I had to give up coffee, too.

The compulsive craving gradually diminished but lasted for more than a year. For about twenty years after the intensely compulsive stage ended there were occasional moments when a surprising and wholly unexpected urge to smoke would occur but those residual urges would last only a few minutes and were relatively easy to resist.

I should mention that my first year of cigarette withdrawal was aided by sucking on Tootsie-Roll lollipops and by keeping my fingers occupied with a pen or pencil. These are necessary diversions for the hands and mouth components of the smoking compulsion.

Based on everything I've ever read, heard or experienced I must fully agree with casual or educated opinions that nicotine is far more tenaciously addictive than any recreational narcotic.
This is the way, I look at it all......everybody is gonna die and there's nothing we can do about it. The question then becomes when and how? I am of the religious belief, I'm catholic....that when its your time to go, regardless of how, IT WAS JUST YOUR TIME. Barbara Bush never smoked a day in her life, yet at 90, died of heart failure and COPD....all smoke related symptoms. What we all have to do as human beings, is be prepared spiritually.

He died at 100....

58092406dc2eca349251ee2c6725c96f.jpg

That's why I quit cigarettes 5 years ago and just smoke my cigars..

I wish I could stop, 60 years old and I can't.......I know its gonna kill me, but I have to deal with stupid white bitches all day....I need my cigs!!
Can I ask how long you have been a smoker? I lost a cousin to cancer that she got from being the smoker that she was and she never even made it to her 60s.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't know when she started.

Speaking of which...just how in the HELL do poor people afford cigarettes???
$5-$6 a pack and they puff away.
They buy the cheaper packs(I call them floor sweepings)...

Yeah but aren't those still $4.00 at least and up?
That is at least $50 a month per smoker, x 2 and that couple who can't afford groceries can afford over $100/ mo smoking. Not to metion the lottery tickets and Natty Ice.

Before I quit, I had switched to little cigars. Far cheaper than cigarettes. Instead of $5-$6 a pack, I was spending $1 a pack. I actually ended up preferring them to regular cigarettes, and that's after I had smoked Marlboros for close to 20 years.

I was lucky that I was never a heavy smoker and quitting was easy for me.

I've been smoking since I was 16 years old, I'm 60 now....the damage is done and sooner or later I'm gonna have to deal with the residuals of my sin.

[...]
I have read and heard several comments by MDs who disagree with your belief that the damage is already done and it's too late to stop. In fact, because I smoked for 35 years and was up to almost two packs a day, I once held the same belief. What I was told is it's not too late to stop smoking until there are clear symptoms of damage.

After 35 years, I quit smoking in 1985 and since then I've been told several times by examining physicians that my lungs are working perfectly. So, while your lungs might possibly have some level of damage, unless you are experiencing symptoms of something serious you might very well be preventing serious (or fatal) damage by quitting now. In other words, It's not too late unless you can feel it.

They’re a whole lot more expensive here in NY. More like $11-$12 a pack.

A good friend of mine smokes Pall Malls at $120 a carton. A carton a week.

That’s enough to buy a new car. And a nice car at that.

Yeah but aren't those still $4.00 at least and up?
That is at least $50 a month per smoker, x 2 and that couple who can't afford groceries can afford over $100/ mo smoking. Not to metion the lottery tickets and Natty Ice.
Back in the mid-50s and 60s cigarettes in a military PX overseas were ten cents a pack -- buck a carton. I believe they were about double that in a civilian store, maybe a little more. I haven't checked but I'm wondering if today's comparatively high prices have appreciably reduced cigarette smoking and encouraged quitting or not.

I am in same boat.
It happens to us white bitches also.
Can't shake the fuckers.
LOLOLOL....what's up with women period? You ever see the movie, Single White Female? That's the kind of shit I'm dealing with at work.

He died at 100....

View attachment 190951

That's why I quit cigarettes 5 years ago and just smoke my cigars..
Like I said, everybody gotta go!! Might as well go enjoying what pleasures you

Back in the mid-50s and 60s cigarettes in a military PX overseas were ten cents a pack -- buck a carton. I believe they were about double that in a civilian store, maybe a little more. I haven't checked but I'm wondering if today's comparatively high prices have appreciably reduced cigarette smoking and encouraged quitting or not.

When I started smoking I could buy a pack of Camels for .17 cents in downtown Giggleweeds, Indiana... 1970

They’re a whole lot more expensive here in NY. More like $11-$12 a pack.

A good friend of mine smokes Pall Malls at $120 a carton. A carton a week.

That’s enough to buy a new car. And a nice car at that.

And that's why you don't vote for fucking democrats..

Pall mall by me $35 a carton

Forum List

Back