I predict Picard will be total garbage

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The last thing we need is another Star Trek show, especially one featuring Jean Luc Picard, a very boring character from the very boring Next Generation show.

A movie about lil ol' me?! Oh my!

Jean-Luc-Picard-on-the-flute.jpg

Kirk-Spock-McCoy made the first show interesting. After that, all characters in Star Trek were bland and uninteresting, except perhaps Data.

Kirk-Spock-McCoy made the first show interesting. After that, all characters in Star Trek were bland and uninteresting, except perhaps Data.

Quit whining like a big baby. Nobody is going to make you watch it.

I liked Picard. Very gentlemanly. However....I am thoroughly tired of movies and shows bashing Trump. Sick of it. Even my husband, who is a die hard democrat, said he is sick of it. The man is POTUS. Deal with it and stfu, he says. :)

I liked Picard. Very gentlemanly. However....I am thoroughly tired of movies and shows bashing Trump. Sick of it. Even my husband, who is a die hard democrat, said he is sick of it. The man is POTUS. Deal with it and stfu, he says.

You do realize that a lot of Star Trek was allegory criticizing current events in America, right?

For instance, the TOS episode, "Let that be your last battlefield" mocked the pure stupidity of racism by presenting us with a pair of two-toned aliens, who hated each other because they were colored on opposite sides of their faces.

I forget the title of the episode, but there was also one about War Veterans who were enhanced to be super soldiers, but then exiled because they couldn't work their way back into society. A metaphor about how we've treated Vietnam Vets.

So are you just noticing that this is happening now?

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Wow...a science fiction show with a white male character in the lead? In 2020? I am sure they will write a gay Asian son into the script...or just make Picard a faggot with a black husband.

I liked Picard. Very gentlemanly. However....I am thoroughly tired of movies and shows bashing Trump. Sick of it. Even my husband, who is a die hard democrat, said he is sick of it. The man is POTUS. Deal with it and stfu, he says.

You do realize that a lot of Star Trek was allegory criticizing current events in America, right?

For instance, the TOS episode, "Let that be your last battlefield" mocked the pure stupidity of racism by presenting us with a pair of two-toned aliens, who hated each other because they were colored on opposite sides of their faces.

I forget the title of the episode, but there was also one about War Veterans who were enhanced to be super soldiers, but then exiled because they couldn't work their way back into society. A metaphor about how we've treated Vietnam Vets.

Absolutely correct. The first televised interracial kiss was also aired on Star Trek. There were numerous allusions to the Cold War as well. Snowflakes will be snowflakes.

upload_2020-1-23_7-40-30.jpeg

The third season of TOS became to secular humanist and destroyed it. Messages were given but many of the episodes sucked. Speaking of character sin the ST universe. The Cardassian tailor with a hidden past on Deep Space 9 was a good one.

I just got an email that the first episode of Picard just dropped, so I'm going to give it a shot. I'll let you know what I think in approximately 42 minutes.

Data and Picard were playing poker on the Enterprise, but it was only a dream.

The last thing we need is another Star Trek show, especially one featuring Jean Luc Picard, a very boring character from the very boring Next Generation show.

These people are out of ideas. This is pure exploitation hoping to make money. Worse, it is on CBS ALL ACCESS like ST Discovery. That kills it right there. I became quite fond of The Orville ITMT on Fox. Now, I've heard they are taking that off television and moving it to Hulu. Oh well. Fuck 'em. I hope they lose their shirts doing that. I won't be manipulated like that. Want to put it on a steaming service? Fine, but put it on TV as well.

Hell will freeze over before I invest all kinds of money on more hardware and services and have to pay $44 a month to watch one TV show I used to see for free.

Now an inter-racial couple are talking on a couch. I have no idea who these people are, and frankly, I don't care.

Oh good, the black guy died. That's the trope isn't it, "the black guy always dies first"?

New Topics

Forum List

Back