I once interviewed a certain Rock Star

I'm sorry, we've been through everybody famous who's 68, British and a rock star. Now you're down to Carlton Fisk and Al Gore.

Okay, I'll let people have some more attempts, if later today someone hasn't said who it is, then I'll post the name.

Whatshisface....Jaggers guitar old man dude that played pirate. Damn...can't think of his name.

Greg Lake.

No but that's a good guess.

Richard Sinclair??

Did we say what instrument he's known for?

Mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello.

Well that's Jack Bruce, but he's too old and too dead. And too Scottish.

OMG, I didn't know Jack Bruce was dead, when did he die? He was alive four years ago in 2012, because he suggested did I want to sleep with him....I never said Scottish, I said British, Scotland is IN Britain.

I'm impressed Pogo when you asked what instrument and I said mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello, you got it from the instruments.

Yes he was in John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and then left them and joined Cream.

Greg Lake.

Richard Sinclair??

OMG, I didn't know Jack Bruce was dead, when did he die? He was alive four years ago in 2012, because he suggested did I want to sleep with him....I never said Scottish, I said British, Scotland is IN Britain.

I'm impressed Pogo when you asked what instrument and I said mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello, you got it from the instruments.

Yes he was in John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and then left them and joined Cream.

Jack Bruce was one of my idols. Most awesome rock bassist who ever lived. Yeah I thought of him immediately when you named the instruments. He also played guitar and a mean harmonica. And of course the singing voice. But you were off with the age, that threw me off.

He had had a liver transplant some years before and almost died from that but recovered long enough to do the Cream Albert Hall reunion.

Speaking of which, Ginger Baker -- the only other musician in the video above -- is in bad shape and has cancelled all his gigs, possibly forever. He got shocking news from his doctor about his heart. He's shut down. :(

Richard Sinclair??

Jack Bruce was one of my idols. Most awesome rock bassist who ever lived. Yeah I thought of him immediately when you named the instruments. He also played guitar and a mean harmonica. And of course the singing voice. But you were off with the age, that threw me off.

He had had a liver transplant some years before and almost died from that but recovered long enough to do the Cream Albert Hall reunion.

He was a great musician and Cream were one of the great bands.

In 2012 he didn't look well, the age, I thought he was still alive and would be about 68, now I looked on the Wikipedia page and if he were still alive he'd be 72 years-old.

I must have missed when he died, I thought he was still alive. I'll say that he was a very nice man, not creepy, but very nice.

Speaking of which, Ginger Baker -- the only other musician in the video above -- is in bad shape and has cancelled all his gigs, possibly forever. He got shocking news from his doctor about his heart. He's shut down. :(

Ginger Baker a great drummer, he's like Keith Richards though, it's amazing both of them are still alive.

Ginger Baker wrote his autobiography a few years ago, "Hellraiser: The Autobiography of the World's Greatest Drummer", I recommend it if you haven't read it.

Ginger Baker a great drummer, he's like Keith Richards though, it's amazing both of them are still alive.

Ginger Baker wrote his autobiography a few years ago, "Hellraiser: The Autobiography of the World's Greatest Drummer", I recommend it if you haven't read it.

I was just reading a Rolling Stone interview with him, which is always hilarious the way he snaps and snarls at every question. If he doesn't punch the interviewer in the nose. Ever see the documentary "Beware of Mr Baker"? He literally breaks the producer's nose. And it's on video.

Was watching a YouTube video of a Jack Bruce tribute concert where GB was there with another drummer. He didn't like the other drummer playing louder than him, and got up and walked off the stage. In a tribute concert.

Then again he used to do the same thing with Jack, throw his drumsticks at him and shit...

Incredibly amazing talent on the drums though, no question at all. But now he's shut down. "No more gigs for this old drummer" he said about a month ago.

Wait hang on oooosie.... you said he did something outside of music?

Yes, perhaps a bit obscure, but he was presented with a Honoris Causa degree from Glasgow Caledonian University for services to the culture of Glasgow.

Maybe I should have given a better clue, because now I think, saying he did something outside of music, but it wasn't acting, did make that seem like he did sculpting or something.

Forum List

Back