I once interviewed a certain Rock Star

Was it Randy Newman?

No, I thought I should at least mention now that he's British.
Ronny corbet!

This very nearly made me wet myself, this is so funny, Ronnie Corbett, he died just a few days ago, RIP Ronnie.

Not only wasn't Ronnie Corbett a Rock Star of any kind, he was a Comedian, he was also about 5 feet tall.
Ronnie Corbett, he died just a few days ago
did you kill him after suggest ?:)

So this in my day job, I once interviewed a famous Rock Star and he suggested did I want to sleep with him and I said "no I don't you dirty old man" and he laughed and said "I like you!"

What a dirty old man, but he was very funny :smoke:

Okay so if people want they can try and guess who the famous Rock Star is....and I'll say yes or no or something.

I'll give you a clue, it wasn't Jim Morrison, he's dead and I was born in 1990.

:popcorn:
I bet the story is the other whey around..You banged him to get the interview...

Was it the guy from Meatloaf?

303801-901a6bf8-1087-11e4-bbaf-47cb7c4f86b3.jpg

The guy from Meatloaf is Meatloaf...

Greg Lake.

No but that's a good guess.

Richard Sinclair??

Did we say what instrument he's known for?

Mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello.

Well that's Jack Bruce, but he's too old and too dead. And too Scottish.

OMG, I didn't know Jack Bruce was dead, when did he die? He was alive four years ago in 2012, because he suggested did I want to sleep with him....I never said Scottish, I said British, Scotland is IN Britain.

I'm impressed Pogo when you asked what instrument and I said mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello, you got it from the instruments.

Yes he was in John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and then left them and joined Cream.

Scotland may be part of the U.K., but that does not make a Scotsman British... Just as Ireland is part of the U.K. but an Irishman is not British...

Richard Sinclair??

OMG, I didn't know Jack Bruce was dead, when did he die? He was alive four years ago in 2012, because he suggested did I want to sleep with him....I never said Scottish, I said British, Scotland is IN Britain.

I'm impressed Pogo when you asked what instrument and I said mainly bass guitar, but also piano and some cello, you got it from the instruments.

Yes he was in John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers and then left them and joined Cream.

Scotland may be part of the U.K., but that does not make a Scotsman British... Just as Ireland is part of the U.K. but an Irishman is not British...

Technically she's right -- she said "British" not "English". That was sly, it got me. "British", as Brits use it, includes Scotland. more as a geographic term for the island than cultural or linguistic, which means he could have been Welsh as well, but it would have excluded either part of Ireland.

See 0:53 here --

Technically if used linguistically "British" refers to the older Celtic language as Gaulish does in France, so applied that way it would mean Scottish more than it should mean English.

So Ooooosie --- gonna post the interview here or what? Huh? Huh?

I'd like to see what Jack had to say about Ted Cruz.

I wrote off Jack despite the bass player clue because he passed a couple of years ago. Hell's bells he was beyond awesome. Jack never got enough credit for his vocals and his song writing skills IMHO.

RIP in the sunshine of of our love.

Richard Sinclair??

Ireland is an independent republic. Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom is Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and Britain's territories and possessions.

Richard Sinclair??

Ireland is an independent republic. Great Britain is England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom is Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and Britain's territories and possessions.

Good show. But can I interject man oh man he rocked with Robin Trower.

I fear we are going to lose so many. Just staying in a quiet kinda wild.

I've been so blessed to know so many. It counts loving them.

So Ooooosie --- gonna post the interview here or what? Huh? Huh?

I'd like to see what Jack had to say about Ted Cruz.

Well there's nothing about Ted Cruz, what an strange comment.

I have it recorded, that's how we do interviews, we record them, we don't sit there writing down each answer.

It's obviously in print, it was four years ago, so I'll have to have a word with the editor of that magazine, they'll probably have it archived....I'd rather not link it here, because the interview will have my real name attached to it.

However, once I've spoken to the editor and they've found it in the archives, I'll privately give you a link to it, I trust you of course, you should already know that, I don't trust many others at this forum to know my name.

Forum List

Back