I never picked cotton

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I placed cotton on the wounds of a fallen soldier or two. I saw cotton placed on the eyes of a few very dead soldiers. I always wondered what happened later in these instances.

Actually, I did pick good Tennessee and Mississippi cotton in my childhood. But that was then and long ago. I never saw the cotton that I had placed there removed from the bleeding wounds and I never saw the cotton removed from the open eyes of the clearly dead that I saw placed there.

I never picked that cotton. I often wonder how and who did.

I never picked cotton.

Psychoblues

What the hell are you talking about?????????????

Is this just some more of your psyco talk?????:cuckoo:

|: Bend down turn around,
Pick a bale of cotton
Bend down turn around,
Pick a bale a day :|
|: Oh lordy, pick a bale of cotton
Oh lordy, pick a bale a day :|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|: Gonna jump down, spin around,
Pick a bale of cotton
Gonna jump down, spin around,
Pick a bale a day :|

|: I said me and my buddy
Gonna pick a bale of cotton
Now me and my buddy
Gonna pick a bale a day :|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|: Jump down, turn around
To pick a bale of cotton
Jump down, turn around
To pick a bale a day. :|

Chorus:
|: Oh Lordy, pick a bale of cotton,
Oh Lordy, pick a bale a day. :|

|: That ****** from Shiloh
Can pick a bale of cotton
That ****** from Shiloh
Can pick a bale a day. :|
Chorus:

Me and my gal can pick . . . .

Me and my wife . . . .

Me and my buddy . . . .

Me and my poppa . . . .

Takes a mighty big man to . . .

I once picked cotton. I didn't see what the big deal was. The stuff is fluffy and awesome, although the seeds are next to impossible to pull out (thank God for Eli Whitney).

Hobbit said:
I once picked cotton. I didn't see what the big deal was. The stuff is fluffy and awesome, although the seeds are next to impossible to pull out (thank God for Eli Whitney).
You didn't "pick" cotton then, if you had your fingers would have been bloody from the cuts..It's a hell of a job to do by hand.:eek:

Mr. P said:
You didn't "pick" cotton then, if you had your fingers would have been bloody from the cuts..It's a hell of a job to do by hand.:eek:

Didn't cut myself once. I'd heard that it was common when picking cotton, but whatever variety of cotton I was picking evidently didn't have sharp edges. That, or I wasn't picking it carelessly enough.

The cowards just ain't into cotton, or actually fighting wars, or discussing intelligent politics, or remorse for genuine military mistakes and pResidential miscues.

Ain't that a shame?

God Bless Our Veterans. They make us what we are.

As history advises and is now being demonstrated, Forgotten.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
The cowards just ain't into cotton, or actually fighting wars, or discussing intelligent politics, or remorse for genuine military mistakes and pResidential miscues.

Ain't that a shame?

God Bless Our Veterans. They make us what we are.

As history advises and is now being demonstrated, Forgotten.

Psychoblues

First off, what warped version of reality includes discussing anything intelligent with you?

Second: how brave is it to make a general statement about cowardice when you are protected by the anonymity of a screen name on a message board? Could you say it to someone's face? I highly doubt it.

Third: A lot of veterans on this board, Sparky. You should pay closer attention.

Fourth: All our veterans, especially the fallen, are remembered by the majority of the people on this board. You're problem is nobody buys into your preference for revised history.

Fifth: I took a break from the board for awhile. Got tired of seeing the same lame bullshit there was a year ago, which was the same as the lame bullshit the year before that. Often, the names change but the bullshit stays the same. However, there is some comfort in knowing that some things never change.

Yep, you're still a tool.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back