i need a favor

What are "twenty percenters"?? 20% of what? People that approve of Congress? Well here's a newsflash: The Tea Party folks who manage to win seats, will sit on the Republican side of the aisle in the respective legislative chamber. There will still be two parties.

Frankly, I can't wait to see their asses get burned as they try to "change" Washington. It will be sad.

It all depends if the republicans are on board with cutting spending and taxes, huh? That would be change that most Americans and businesses would be in the tank for. If that happens, your going to look pretty foolish.

They can slice and dice here and there, but any major cuts to Social Security, basic Medicare, and DoD just won't happen in the numbers that would make a dent.

I'm actually reserving serious comment on spending reductions until I see what the bipartisan deficit reduction commission's report has to say, due on December 1, 2010. I'm also hoping the suggestions will be acted upon immediately, instead of several years like what happened (or did not happen) following the issuance of the 911 Commission Report.

its doomed to failure and was an Obama trap, when he still thought he might have both houses, thats why he what back in March made plans for a DECEMBER commission review NOT before the election......

IMO, the teaparty is just the new term for social conservatives.

It's looking that way.

really, I hope not, I don't quite see it that way yet, that would be the surest way to lose indy sppt.

In the beginning the tea parties were backing people like Scott Brown based on their apprehensiveness to expanded government and support for fiscal conservatism, despite having moderate to liberal social views. They said they weren't concerned about social issues. Yet, some of these later primaries have nominated some individuals like Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell who hold some rather extreme social positions.

You can ignore the truth Old Rocks, you are one of the biased 20 percenters who are irrelevant. Then there are the crew too dumb to see the truth, and the majority who can read facts and understand the truth.

Liberal response 101: Just dispute the truth and facts, add nothing in response.

What are "twenty percenters"?? 20% of what? People that approve of Congress? Well here's a newsflash: The Tea Party folks who manage to win seats, will sit on the Republican side of the aisle in the respective legislative chamber. There will still be two parties.

Frankly, I can't wait to see their asses get burned as they try to "change" Washington. It will be sad.

It all depends if the republicans are on board with cutting spending and taxes, huh? That would be change that most Americans and businesses would be in the tank for. If that happens, your going to look pretty foolish.

I think what is going to affect future spending and taxes is what the Deficit Commission comes up with in a report due in December. Thereafter, if the Republicans win control of the House, it will be up to them to draft a bill detailing compromise based on their recommendations and it will involve a LOT of debate, committee debate, and conference debate probably well into the next fiscal year. The two parties will HAVE to stop their endless bickering over the small stuff.

There is one Republican Congressman who I believe is from Arizona who I think hasn't taken any pork. I forget his name but I was impressed with the guy.

:lol::lol::lol:

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_think:

You did mean to be witty, right?

No, I was serious.

I think it was Jeff Flake. Is that his name?

Yes. I like him a lot, but he's too low-profile. I wonder why he wasn't asked to join "The Young Guns"??

They can slice and dice here and there, but any major cuts to Social Security, basic Medicare, and DoD just won't happen in the numbers that would make a dent.

I'm actually reserving serious comment on spending reductions until I see what the bipartisan deficit reduction commission's report has to say, due on December 1, 2010. I'm also hoping the suggestions will be acted upon immediately, instead of several years like what happened (or did not happen) following the issuance of the 911 Commission Report.

its doomed to failure and was an Obama trap, when he still thought he might have both houses, thats why he what back in March made plans for a DECEMBER commission review NOT before the election......

The government has to pass a budget before then (or do another omnibus to keep it operating), and the task assigned to the Deficit Commission is formidable to say the least. I'm surprised the deadline was placed that soon, frankly.

The government has to pass a budget before then (or do another omnibus to keep it operating), and the task assigned to the Deficit Commission is formidable to say the least. I'm surprised the deadline was placed that soon, frankly.

well back in March remember Clinton et al told him hey keep pushing Obama care the people will love it and you can write your own ticket.

I am sure they expected to be able to ram a budget through in summer, BUT when OC went south and their polls noise dived there was NO WAY they were going to even attempt a budget, why?

you have to go back and remember the political climate 8-9months ago, becasue Obama and the congress via the omni bus bill last year and add ons via stimulus, never did a budget ( due in fact last December) would either have to fund it, or not... if he even tried to fund it, well, the caterwauling you see now over deficits and spending would have been like 3 mice clapping....and he won't cut it, he'll make the reps do it and make them the bad guys.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back