i need a favor

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
i keep reading about how the tea party is all about *fiscal responsibility* and that any repub who isn't for *fiscal responsibility* shoiuld be drummed out of the party.

i've thought about it and i can't think of any candidate, of any party, who claimed to be anything other than *fiscally responsible* and yet i've never seen anything resembling that once they get elected.

why should i believe that the tea party backed candidates will be any different?

o'donnell is the latest candidate that the tea party has put forward as an exemplar of fiscal rectitude, but she doesn't pay her own bills, including her mortgage and taxes. :lol:

But while she was courting voters, she amassed thousands of dollars in campaign debt, was confronted by the IRS about unpaid income taxes and sold her Wilmington home to a campaign staffer to avoid a sheriff's sale ordered to settle mortgage claims, a News Journal investigation shows

Delaware politics: O'Donnell faces campaign debt, back-tax issues | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

can someone 'splain this to me? :confused:

thanks

Maybe she figured if it was okay for members of the administration not to pay their taxes, it was good enough for her?

I'm sure she'll get caught up...

Eventually...

Maybe...

Last edited:
  • Banned
Maybe she figured if it was okay for members of the administration not to pay their taxes, it was good enough for her?

i was thinking that she certainly qualifies for a czar type position at least.

maybe chicken choking? it seems to be a topic that interests her.

I know that she's been divisive, certainly doesn't sound like my kind of candidate. I think they just decided that they didn't want to vote for a liberal Republican, so they went with tea party candidate. The real news would be if she should win in November, obviously. However, seems to me that the GOP is really trying to keep their lock on two party, problem is the people that used to back them no longer do and the dems offer no alternatives.

Unless the GOP gets rid of the old guard, they are the most likely to fall within a couple of election cycles. Not this one, they will win substantial numbers, including some they don't like.

Preaching responsibility while failing to pay her own bills?

perfect Republican candidate.

Just like the dimocrats who want to raise taxes but don't pay their own.

Face it, all politicians fucking suck which is why we should not keep voting the same fucking idiots back into office.

Last edited:

Face all politicians fucking suck which is why we should not keep voting the same fucking idiots back into office.
Yep. I don't know if we need to vote out all of them, but flushing a bunch would help.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Face all politicians fucking suck which is why we should not keep voting the same fucking idiots back into office.
Yep. I don't know if we need to vote out all of them, but flushing a bunch would help.

I'm all for voting every single incumbent out of office. In fact we should be replacing politicians so fucking fast that none of them ever qualify for a fucking pension.

Face it, all politicians fucking suck which is why we should not keep voting the same fucking idiots back into office.

Truth....

The only resource is to weed out the inside-the-beltway, long-term, establisment, career politicians and hope the new blood practies what they preach....

IMO, the teaparty is just the new term for social conservatives.

i wouldn't even grant them the title of conservatives. they're reactionaries... same old same old as bush's 'base'.

Of course you wouldn't. Then again, you were the one that said they would be gone in a month or two, way back when. Good luck with that.

i was thinking that she certainly qualifies for a czar type position at least.

maybe chicken choking? it seems to be a topic that interests her.

There's another aspect to this: the most fervent reformers are the newly converted.

I don't know the details of O'Donnell's situation, but considering how many homeowners have mortgages that are underwater in the U.S., she is hardly alone in doing a distress sale to avoid foreclosure.

The victims of the crisis of Big Government (for that is the root cause), are the individually powerless working and middle classes who are on the "giving" end of the spreading around the wealth to special interests con game performed by politicians. It's understandable that some of the various local leaders of the tea party movement have somewhat spotty personal financial histories - they represent the people who are taking risks, working hard, and are often just a couple of pay checks away from losing their homes. The taxpayers are saying enough. If we expect them to be saints, we'll be sorely disappointed.

For my part, I'll vote for the most fiscally conservative candidate who doesn't throw in a bunch of social planks such as abortion, gay marriage, gays in the military. All I care about is getting the country's fiscal mess cleaned up for good. The proof will be their behavior once they taste a bit of power. It's not risk free, but it is better than voting for incumbent "earmark addicted" dinosaurs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back