Should we bail France out again?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
After the full blown Islamic revolt erupts in France, should we go bail them out again or let them fight it out for themselves?

(hypothetically speaking of course)

After the full blown Islamic revolt erupts in France, should we go bail them out again or let them fight it out for themselves?

It is the USA that needs help - not France.

If there's a violent overthrow of Government and the government in exile appeals to us for help, yes.

If its a slow take over by means of legal deomcratic options, no. If the French want to live free, they'd best guard their future.

If there's a violent overthrow of Government and the government in exile appeals to us for help, yes.

If its a slow take over by means of legal deomcratic options, no. If the French want to live free, they'd best guard their future.

I mostly agree.

If they asked for help, I'd vote for helping. Simple as that. I wouldn't predicate it on a "successful" overthrow of the government.

6a00e54ef13a4f8834011168605656970c-350wi

FREEDOM FRIES

Quote: Originally Posted by manifold

You're kidding, right?

Why do you idiots assume that France can't take care of itself? It is the 6th largest military power in the world - ahead of both North and South Korea...

Oh that's right. Edumacation is frowned upon by corporatists. Only talking points and righty cliches are acceptable. My bad.

History

Oddly has a way of repeating itself. Or haven't you heard?

The same France that helped us win the revolutionary war??? You obviously know nothing of this "history" that you speak of... When have we EVER bailed or "helped" France out of anything? Chasing down the Nazis in WWII doesn't count.

Chasing down the Nazis in WWII doesn't count.

I disagree. Completely.

But regardless, the OP presented a hypothetical question. If the question itself offends you so greatly then I encourage you to not burden your delicate sensibilities further by giving it any additional consideration.

IMO, the question is reasonable. You are welcome to disagree.

Forum List

Back