I must be dreaming!… They’re eating their own...

The article continued with:

Waters said she was deploying campaign signs at events throughout the country to defend herself against charges that she improperly intervened to help a failing bank secure a meeting with Treasury officials even though her husband had owned stock in the company and previously served on its board. “These signs will show up wherever large numbers of African Americans gather,” Waters said.

A campaign aide to the congresswoman said the young men at the Pelosi event were staffers paid for the day. The aide said 40 to 50 yard signs were printed, in addition to 10,000 handouts. The aide said a similar presence would be made at other events between now and when Waters’s trial takes place, but that no formal plans had been made.

Our tax dollars at work!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that bullshit! These people believe they are above the law and are deserving of spending tax money any way they choose. It may be within her budget to do so, but damn, are there no morals or ethics left in politics?

Yes, but don't hold Waters up to that standard. The honest ones lose second term elections.

The article continued with:

Waters said she was deploying campaign signs at events throughout the country to defend herself against charges that she improperly intervened to help a failing bank secure a meeting with Treasury officials even though her husband had owned stock in the company and previously served on its board. “These signs will show up wherever large numbers of African Americans gather,” Waters said.

A campaign aide to the congresswoman said the young men at the Pelosi event were staffers paid for the day. The aide said 40 to 50 yard signs were printed, in addition to 10,000 handouts. The aide said a similar presence would be made at other events between now and when Waters’s trial takes place, but that no formal plans had been made.

Our tax dollars at work!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that bullshit! These people believe they are above the law and are deserving of spending tax money any way they choose. It may be within her budget to do so, but damn, are there no morals or ethics left in politics?

Yes, but don't hold Waters up to that standard. The honest ones lose second term elections.

Yes we had one in Ohio by the name of Martin Hoke. Very honest and voted according to his constituency. One termer!

Forum List

Back