The next Republican to be thrown under the bus is........

Why is free healthcare the burden of the American taxpayer?
Why is higher education the burden of the American taxpayer?
If modern infrastructure is important, then why are we sending billions to Ukraine?
Equal rights have been the law of the land long before Piglosi became the failed Speaker of the House. Hell, illegals have more “equal rights” than natural-born Americans do.
Because healthcare and education can be enormously expensive. Well beyond the means of the average person.

When we all contribute we are all better off
That’s how civilization works

Last edited:
She will be written about in History books for centuries as one of the best Speakers of the House....

McCarthy, will be put in the Hall of Shame.

Historians tend to be in the ultraliberal academic elite, living in their ivory towers looking down on the people.

I'm sure you are right.

It is heresy in Repub circles both to praise Nancy Pelosi and to speak the truth. This guy did both.

As the chaos and dysfunction within the House Republican caucus brings the country closer and closer to a now almost inevitable government shutdown, Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) praised former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for her leadership and ability to keep her caucus together when she held the gavel.

When asked in an interview with CNN Thursday whether he still supports Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) amid the looming shutdown crisis, Burchett said he has “questions” and “doubts” about it.

“We need leadership,” he said, later citing Pelosi as an example.

“I don’t agree with her ever, hardly on anything,” Burchett said. “But she was pretty successful. The way she did it was: she put an issue out … she met with them, she figured out what they wanted, and then they put it on the floor. And they passed it and they rallied around it. A lot of work goes into that.”

“But we’re not seeing that. I’m not seeing that work right now,” Burchett added, pointing the finger at McCarthy. “And it’s very disappointing to me.”

Nancy is considered, among rational observers, to be one of if not the most effective Speakers in US history. But she doesn't deserve all the credit. She didn't have to herd a bunch of feral cats with nihilistic impulses. Her caucus was comprised of people with a genuine, coalescing interest in moving the country forward. Conversely, members of the Freedom Caucus are hostage takers with a coalescing interest in creating havoc. Like ruining the full faith and credit of the US.

one party.jpg

It is heresy in Repub circles both to praise Nancy Pelosi and to speak the truth. This guy did both.

As the chaos and dysfunction within the House Republican caucus brings the country closer and closer to a now almost inevitable government shutdown, Rep. Tim Burchett (R-TN) praised former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for her leadership and ability to keep her caucus together when she held the gavel.

When asked in an interview with CNN Thursday whether he still supports Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) amid the looming shutdown crisis, Burchett said he has “questions” and “doubts” about it.

“We need leadership,” he said, later citing Pelosi as an example.

“I don’t agree with her ever, hardly on anything,” Burchett said. “But she was pretty successful. The way she did it was: she put an issue out … she met with them, she figured out what they wanted, and then they put it on the floor. And they passed it and they rallied around it. A lot of work goes into that.”

“But we’re not seeing that. I’m not seeing that work right now,” Burchett added, pointing the finger at McCarthy. “And it’s very disappointing to me.”

Nancy is considered, among rational observers, to be one of if not the most effective Speakers in US history. But she doesn't deserve all the credit. She didn't have to herd a bunch of feral cats with nihilistic impulses. Her caucus was comprised of people with a genuine, coalescing interest in moving the country forward. Conversely, members of the Freedom Caucus are hostage takers with a coalescing interest in creating havoc. Like ruining the full faith and credit of the US.
LOL Tim who?

Why do Republicans struggle with governing?
Mostly because the are selfish, childish pricks

Republicans think only of their own needs. They are unwilling to compromise, unwilling to look at the big picture.

My way or the highway is their only political position
Honest open debate. Your sheep literally did whatever Nancy told them to do, no questions asked.

Honest open debate. Your sheep literally did whatever Nancy told them to do, no questions asked.

Democrats are willing to work with others for the common good. They compromise and resolve differences behind closed doors.

Republicans care only about themselves and are willing to bring down the country in their temper tantrums

Democrats are willing to work with others for the common good. They compromise and resolve differences behind closed doors.

Republicans care only about themselves and are willing to bring down the country in their temper tantrums
Bullshit. 2x

Governing should not be done behind closed doors.

That's of course, bullshit. Are D's willing to negotiate on abortion, giving hormones and surgery for kids determined to be "She Males", or gay marriage?

Not at all, its their way or the highway.

You really think citing the historical fact of the party in the WH losing seats in the House following the election that put them there in any way disparages Nancy's effectiveness as a Speaker? Better luck next time.

Yes I do. It means they didn't do what people elected them to do.

That's of course, bullshit. Are D's willing to negotiate on abortion, giving hormones and surgery for kids determined to be "She Males", or gay marriage?

Not at all, its their way or the highway.
He was speaking about what democrats do among their own caucus, behind closed doors....they try to work out their differences....and yes, they are not always successful and some stragglers may not have gotten what they wanted, Manchin and Sinema come to mind in the Senate, but Pelosi with the squad faction, and the moderate dems, and the Bernie dems, .....she had her job cut out for her in recent years.... A Lot of give and take and promises had to be made behind the scene, I'm pretty certain, to get legislation thru.

Republicans may hate her policies and political positions but they can’t deny she got things done.

Pelosi fought Republicans to pass legislation. Republicans fight among themselves
What she got done was the direction we are heading. Which is into an abyss. We have to continue as the politics demand it. We are arguing over a stalled budget process now as we all complain about deficits. End the war.

McCarthy is completely at the mercy of clowns like MTG and Gaetz.

Too bad, fella. You wanted the job, you knew what they were, that's the way it goes.

If you don't like it, get a REAL job, if you can handle it.
The repub House is a clown show with a frightened incompetent as the tent master.

None of course.

The only time I remember the U.S. credit rati g being harmed was under Obama's insane spending. NOT spending money we don't have is not what harms our faith and credit.
That wasn’t what harmed it.

Forum List

Back