I Miss Epic Movies

The filming of the Battle of Borodino involved "only" about 15,000 infantry and a cavalry regiment of 950 sabers specially created for the movie

Modern movies are pure shit.

Deliverance
The Sixth Sense
Silence Of The Lambs
Under The Volcano
Pale Rider
Outlaw Jose Wales
High Plains Drifter

Etc.

Enough with the woke, agenda-driven crap!
Nonsense
There is no woke agenda in Hollywood despite claims by conservatives. The Hollywood movie agenda now and in the past is maximizing profit. The only time there was any other agenda was when the Hayes Act that censored movies went into effect in 1934 and in 1941 when the government Bureau of Motions Pictures was formed to pressured movie makers to make propaganda war movies.

Today, Hollywood is driven by profits as never before. Over half the recent movies seen in America are made abroad. If is widely thought by conservatives that most of Hollywood movies are financed by leftest movie stars, writers and directors. Wrong again. By far, money for movies comes from the major studies who turn to international media finance companies that would finance movies of piles of dog shit drying in the sun if it made good money.

And making profits is what movies with woke do. Wok movies out sell non-woke at the box office and land consistently in the top 10 movies on most streaming services.

The fact is Woke sells and as long as it does movie makers will provide it.

Last edited:
Nonsense
There is no woke agenda in Hollywood despite claims by conservatives. The Hollywood movie agenda now and in the past is maximizing profit. The only time there was any other agenda was when the Hayes Act that censored movies went into effect in 1934 and in 1941 when the government Bureau of Motions Pictures was formed to pressured movie makers to make propaganda war movies.

Today, Hollywood is driven by profits as never before. Over half the recent movies seen in America are made abroad. If is widely thought by conservatives that most of Hollywood movies are financed by leftest movie stars, writers and directors. Wrong again. By far, money for movies comes from the major studies who turn to international media finance companies that would finance movies of piles of dog shit drying in the sun if it made good money.

And making profits is what movies with woke do. Wok movies out sell non-woke at the box office and land consistently in the top 10 movies on most streaming services.

The fact is Woke sells and as long as it does movie makers will provide it.
Sure "woke sells." But just not to the awakened. It obviously doesn't sell to me and last I heard ... Disney is suffering financial woes. Hopefully I'll play a small part in their complete downfall.

In the meantime ... I will only watch good old movies that don't push and agenda.

Sure "woke sells." But just not to the awakened. It obviously doesn't sell to me and last I heard ... Disney is suffering financial woes. Hopefully I'll play a small part in their complete downfall.

In the meantime ... I will only watch good old movies that don't push and agenda.
I have no idea who the awakened are, probably some code like woke. I haven't seen a Disney movies in 20 years but I would assume their movies are following the same trend as other studios, that is creating what makes money. Whatever they are doing seems to be working. They are expected to earn $4.60/share for 2024 compared to $1.29 for 2023.

In regards to "woke" in the movies, it is certainly a debatable topic simply because the word doesn't have any specific meaning today. Thanks to use by Tucker Carlson, Governor Ron DeSantis, and other conservatives, the word has come to mean everything conservatives hate from reduced military recruitment to homosexual sex in movies to transgender bathrooms, to stories of abuse toward women, discriminations in the workplace, sympathetic treatment of illegal immigrants, teaching sex education in schools, support for federal aid to education, gay marriage, discriminations directed at Muslims, and most any story about slavery or segregation.

Forum List

Back